Bremont Watch Lineup For 2017 Announced

Watches with British & Commonwealth roots

Bremont Watch Lineup For 2017 Announced

Postby Racer-X » February 27th 2017, 2:50pm

Last edited by Racer-X on March 3rd 2017, 10:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Bremont Watch Lineup For 2017 Announced

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » February 27th 2017, 3:07pm

The article contains one mistake- since the movement they mention as being a modified 2892, it has 42h, not 38h power reserve.

The Airco is nice, although I'm not sure why would one choose it over, say, an IWC Mark XVIII. Very similarly priced, and the brand prestige is on IWC's side. OK, the Bremont has a 100m WR rating (against IWC's 60m), and a display back- but it doesn't have the same resistance to magnetic fields (no soft-iron cage like in the IWC).

Regarding the divers - they're going into the homage territory with that. IMO, the design takes way too much from the 1950s Submariners. They're by no means exact copies, but Bremont had a distinct style of their own so far, so it's rather odd to see them do something that uninventive.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby eddiea » February 27th 2017, 3:24pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:The article contains one mistake- since the movement they mention as being a modified 2892, it has 42h, not 38h power reserve.

The Airco is nice, although I'm not sure why would one choose it over, say, an IWC Mark XVIII. Very similarly priced, and the brand prestige is on IWC's side. OK, the Bremont has a 100m WR rating (against IWC's 60m), and a display back- but it doesn't have the same resistance to magnetic fields (no soft-iron cage like in the IWC).

Regarding the divers - they're going into the homage territory with that. IMO, the design takes way too much from the 1950s Submariners. They're by no means exact copies, but Bremont had a distinct style of their own so far, so it's rather odd to see them do something that uninventive.

I think Bremont have their own unmistakable flavor, as far as the power reserve goes, 42 hours is ideally what a 2892 can potentially achieve , in real life however, 36 to 40 hours power reserve are pretty normal numbers for a 2892....no mistakes there, Bremont is just been abundantly conservative with the claimed power reserve , very common practice.
“I want to get to Key West and away from it all"…Papa.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby biglove » February 27th 2017, 5:04pm

Like them all. Especially the SuperMarine.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby bedlam » February 27th 2017, 5:09pm

biglove wrote:Like them all. Especially the SuperMarine.

Mmm, they look a bit flat to me and it's a bit sad they went and soft-cocked it with fashion bezels on the Supermarine.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby Hawk » February 27th 2017, 5:58pm

Nice enough bunch of fucks but confusing a Citizen-owned movement with "in house" on the Wright Flyer will haunt them for a spell rather like TAG Heuer's 1887 in house designed Seiko.

WIS are, I would suppose, the most anal group of enthusiasts in the world and will check out every jot and tiddle.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Return to Hail Britannia