Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby TemerityB » December 29th 2017, 4:00pm

One goal down, one to go: A chance to compete in a Professional Bowlers Association regional stop on their PBA50 tour. Fingers crossed.

Image
"Nobody talks more of free enterprise and competition and of the best man winning than the man who inherited his father's store or farm." - C. Wright Mills, 1951
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 13350
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby foghorn » December 29th 2017, 4:12pm

Cool. Keep me in the loop.
I'll say 3 Hail Billy Weylu's for you!!
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15614
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby AntFarm » December 29th 2017, 4:18pm

That is impressive TB. I don't think I could roll a 100 consistently... My friends son plays on the college level. Good Luck and make sure and have a hellava great time.
User avatar
AntFarm
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: October 30th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: E. Northport, NY

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby codguy » December 29th 2017, 4:20pm

Congrats TB, quite the accomplishment!

I'll never see that milestone in my lifetime. My highest game is a 284 bowled three years ago. Member from the opposite team rolled a 300 during the same frame. Following week, the lanes were dripping wet.

So are you a stroker, tweener or cranker?

Congrats again TB, I'm jealous.
.



Image
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 5176
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby Mark1 » December 29th 2017, 4:34pm

Congrats, I'm the guy in the funny shoes who can't find a ball that fits my fingers and weighs less than say 100 pounds.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member
 
Posts: 7244
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby svaglic » December 29th 2017, 4:40pm

That's cool. I was always good to keep the ball in my lane, clear my toes and not let it bounce down the strip.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 3799
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby conjurer » December 29th 2017, 4:41pm

TemerityB wrote:One goal down, one to go: A chance to compete in a Professional Bowlers Association regional stop on their PBA50 tour. Fingers crossed.

Image


Dang. Fuck.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 24986
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby TemerityB » December 29th 2017, 4:45pm

codguy wrote:Congrats TB, quite the accomplishment!

I'll never see that milestone in my lifetime. My highest game is a 284 bowled three years ago. Member from the opposite team rolled a 300 during the same frame. Following week, the lanes were dripping wet.

So are you a stroker, tweener or cranker?

Congrats again TB, I'm jealous.


I am a left-handed "tweener" who is having the best results of his life after switching to an old-school urethane cover stock bowling ball (the Boo-Yah by 900 Global). Old-fashioned "down and in" style similar to Earl Anthony (but not nearly the results, obviously). And don't think you'll never see a 300, cod - I never even gave one that much thought. If you can bowl 284, you can get a 300. I was totally in the zone that night and if I hadn't thrown a freakin' split in the sixth frame of the third game, I would have had a 300 game, 800 series (settled for 790), and a "clean 30" all in the same night. Just keep trying man - the key is to just stay with it. And I'm not that great a bowler - it took me 10 years of league and tournament play to score one 300; I know guys in their 20s with four or five or even 10 of them.
"Nobody talks more of free enterprise and competition and of the best man winning than the man who inherited his father's store or farm." - C. Wright Mills, 1951
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 13350
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby biglove » December 29th 2017, 4:49pm

Congrats TB. Let us know how the tourney goes. Bowling is a tough game to master for sure.

Back in the ‘60s my Pop was a consistent 270s and enjoyed the hell out of it. If I remember correctly his best game ever was one strike from a perfect game. He spared that shot. Still talks about it.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 10491
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Location: Deep South

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby TemerityB » December 29th 2017, 4:52pm

biglove wrote:Congrats TB. Let us know how the tourney goes.


I still have to qualify for the tourney; the next few weeks should tell the tale. I'm also bowling in the 2018 USBC Open Championships this spring in Syracuse. I really don't get it; now in my late fifties, I'm suddenly getting better at all this. I can't really explain it.
"Nobody talks more of free enterprise and competition and of the best man winning than the man who inherited his father's store or farm." - C. Wright Mills, 1951
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 13350
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby Racer-X » December 29th 2017, 4:57pm

That's something to be proud of and cool ring. Good luck!
Last edited by Racer-X on December 29th 2017, 7:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4264
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby codguy » December 29th 2017, 5:35pm

TemerityB wrote:
codguy wrote:Congrats TB, quite the accomplishment!

I'll never see that milestone in my lifetime. My highest game is a 284 bowled three years ago. Member from the opposite team rolled a 300 during the same frame. Following week, the lanes were dripping wet.

So are you a stroker, tweener or cranker?

Congrats again TB, I'm jealous.


I am a left-handed "tweener" who is having the best results of his life after switching to an old-school urethane cover stock bowling ball (the Boo-Yah by 900 Global). Old-fashioned "down and in" style similar to Earl Anthony (but not nearly the results, obviously). And don't think you'll never see a 300, cod - I never even gave one that much thought. If you can bowl 284, you can get a 300. I was totally in the zone that night and if I hadn't thrown a freakin' split in the sixth frame of the third game, I would have had a 300 game, 800 series (settled for 790), and a "clean 30" all in the same night. Just keep trying man - the key is to just stay with it. And I'm not that great a bowler - it took me 10 years of league and tournament play to score one 300; I know guys in their 20s with four or five or even 10 of them.


Thanks for the encouragement TB.
I bowl a mixed league on a team with great bowlers. I am the worst of our group, currently carrying a 178 average and bowl simply for the fun beer/jello shots.
Always fun when you have a well balanced team (two members struggle/two bowl out their asses, etc.) Able to garner personal satisfaction/records along the way is the icing!

Bowling for me is my release from work stress, its either putting ten in the pit or choking someone the fuck out (though I'm exaggerating). Way, way cool on the 300!
.



Image
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 5176
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby Thunder1 » December 29th 2017, 5:42pm

TemerityB wrote:
biglove wrote:Congrats TB. Let us know how the tourney goes.


I still have to qualify for the tourney; the next few weeks should tell the tale. I'm also bowling in the 2018 USBC Open Championships this spring in Syracuse. I really don't get it; now in my late fifties, I'm suddenly getting better at all this. I can't really explain it.

Practice makes perfect!!..you're an inspiration for the rest of us old codgers!!...good luck!!
Last edited by Thunder1 on December 29th 2017, 6:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3384
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby TemerityB » December 29th 2017, 5:51pm

codguy wrote:
TemerityB wrote:
codguy wrote:Congrats TB, quite the accomplishment!

I'll never see that milestone in my lifetime. My highest game is a 284 bowled three years ago. Member from the opposite team rolled a 300 during the same frame. Following week, the lanes were dripping wet.

So are you a stroker, tweener or cranker?

Congrats again TB, I'm jealous.


I am a left-handed "tweener" who is having the best results of his life after switching to an old-school urethane cover stock bowling ball (the Boo-Yah by 900 Global). Old-fashioned "down and in" style similar to Earl Anthony (but not nearly the results, obviously). And don't think you'll never see a 300, cod - I never even gave one that much thought. If you can bowl 284, you can get a 300. I was totally in the zone that night and if I hadn't thrown a freakin' split in the sixth frame of the third game, I would have had a 300 game, 800 series (settled for 790), and a "clean 30" all in the same night. Just keep trying man - the key is to just stay with it. And I'm not that great a bowler - it took me 10 years of league and tournament play to score one 300; I know guys in their 20s with four or five or even 10 of them.


Thanks for the encouragement TB.
I bowl a mixed league on a team with great bowlers. I am the worst of our group, currently carrying a 178 average and bowl simply for the fun beer/jello shots.
Always fun when you have a well balanced team (two members struggle/two bowl out their asses, etc.) Able to garner personal satisfaction/records along the way is the icing!

Bowling for me is my release from work stress, its either putting ten in the pit or choking someone the fuck out (though I'm exaggerating). Way, way cool on the 300!


I'm tellin' ya - if you can walk, you should be in a bowling league. Way better than Facebook, and you get to bump up against real live other human beings instead of silicone diodes. Fancy that.
"Nobody talks more of free enterprise and competition and of the best man winning than the man who inherited his father's store or farm." - C. Wright Mills, 1951
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 13350
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby Ofcmark » December 29th 2017, 6:07pm

When I was a kid I worked at the bowling alley. I always remember it being very exciting when someone threw a 300 game free drinks for everyone. Congratulations TB where the ring with Pride
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 567
Joined: July 23rd 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Lake Villa IL

Re: Results Of A Misspent Adulthood

Postby smellody » December 29th 2017, 8:50pm

That's a fucking sweet ring! Baller bowler
   
User avatar
smellody
Founding Member - WIS
 
Posts: 4639
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR


Return to Anything and Everything Else

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests