Summer's Last Gasp at Casa Conjurer

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

Summer's Last Gasp at Casa Conjurer

Postby conjurer » September 27th 2017, 6:45pm

Grilled up some Italian sausages with peppers.

Eighty degrees today and tomorrow; then, rain for seven months. Enjoy!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Summer's Last Gasp at Casa Conjurer

Postby AlbertaTime » September 27th 2017, 7:45pm

Looks wonderful!!
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » September 27th 2017, 8:09pm

I know a few things about Oktoberfest and brats. That's about perfect but needs Sauerkraut!
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » September 27th 2017, 8:16pm

Yeah, sausage, sure enough - but those sides look killer. Gettin' hungry over here.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » September 27th 2017, 10:29pm

YUM!

Hell, we are likely to have intermittent weeks of 80+F all through “winter” here.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » September 27th 2017, 10:56pm

biglove wrote:YUM!

Hell, we are likely to have intermittent weeks of 80+F all through “winter” here.

Interestingly, I posted this at another forum, where a southerner chastised me for not frying the sausages. Now, I realize that most southerners tend to fry everything, whether they eat it or not; this might be the reason why we northerners won the Civil War, as most Johnny Rebs were too fat to continue to fight. Is this indeed a southern thing? I've fried more than my share of Italian sausage, but it's always been in meat sauces for pasta, and sew Fourth.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » September 27th 2017, 10:59pm

TemerityB wrote:Yeah, sausage, sure enough - but those sides look killer. Gettin' hungry over here.

The sides I bought prepared at Safeway. I've made my own potato salad before, but it's a pain in the ass, and Safeway does it better. And forget slaw.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby gerdson » September 28th 2017, 3:52am

Is an US-Italian sausage always with fennel? That is what I would expect (and I love this fennel in the sausage). However, it is not so delicious in combination with good old German Sauerkraut. A German Bratwurst will typically be seasoned with marjoram and caraway. So You did good with pepper and onions.

In German language we do (btw) distinguish between the whole sausage ("Wurst") and what is inside (which we call "Wurstbrät". I love the term "Wurstbrät"). There is also something else I need to tell You. The sausage skin... in German we do call it "Saitling". But since it is, in reality, made of the small intestine (or used to, I know there are artificial products now), we do actually also refer to it as "Darm", and when You press out the Brät from the Darm, it, well... I will leave the rest to Your fantasy. Just this also - German chancellor Otto von Bismarck once said:

Je weniger die Leute wissen,
wie Würste und Gesetze gemacht werden,
desto besser schlafen sie!

"The less people know about how sausage and laws are being made, the better they sleep"
Last edited by gerdson on September 28th 2017, 5:01am, edited 1 time in total.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby biglove » September 28th 2017, 4:03am

conjurer wrote:
biglove wrote:YUM!

Interestingly, I posted this at another forum, where a southerner chastised me for not frying the sausages. Now, I realize that most southerners tend to fry everything, whether they eat it or not; this might be the reason why we northerners won the Civil War, as most Johnny Rebs were too fat to continue to fight. Is this indeed a southern thing? I've fried more than my share of Italian sausage, but it's always been in meat sauces for pasta, and sew Fourth.

Patty sausage should be pan fried; but, link sausage can be cooked any way you want. Never deep fried though.

Best pan frying is a cast iron skillet like my Dad has. Sixty years old and never more than a rinse and wipe.
Last edited by biglove on September 28th 2017, 4:08am, edited 1 time in total.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby ocean » September 28th 2017, 4:07am

That's no FITS sammich!
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Return to Anything and Everything Else