Not my review of my watch.

Post your watch reviews here

Not my review of my watch.

Postby foghorn » June 26th 2015, 3:55pm

I hate doing reviews so I'll link to this one. It's one of the first you tube reviews I've viewed that doesn't suck the big one.
All I can add is that , while it is a bit of a pain to attach the nato strap , it isn't as bad as this Nancy boy claims. Jeebus!! Does everything have to be a piece of cake these days???
The rest of the review is pretty much spot on. The H-30 movement is the fuckin' NUTZ!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfjUB5MSEfs[/youtube]
GET OFF MY LAWN
foghorn
Founding Member

Re: Not my review of my watch.

Postby tiktok » June 26th 2015, 4:14pm

Just swap out to straight spring bars when using the NATO, duh. This is a great watch, not my style but great sense of history to it and Swatch is really flexing it's ETA muscles with this monster power reserve on a 1K model.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » June 26th 2015, 4:58pm

tiktok wrote:Just swap out to straight spring bars when using the NATO, duh. This is a great watch, not my style but great sense of history to it and Swatch is really flexing it's ETA muscles with this monster power reserve on a 1K model.

The placement of the springbar holes on the lugs still makes it difficult for the Hamilton Nato because they put a metal piece on the end so it still won't thread like a normal, malleable, nato .

Straight bars will work with straight end straps so long as there isn't much leather between the strap and case.
GET OFF MY LAWN
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby TemerityB » June 26th 2015, 9:33pm

There's something about those who post photos of their watches here; I'm being serious. I'd read a bunch of reviews on that Hamilton and have looked it up at various watch sites, but to see it in the wild is to really see a watch as it really is. Getting comments from someone who owns it really brings a lot of information.

I'll be damned if I don't covet one now. Yeah, this WIS thing is a pain in the ass, ain't it.

Oh, and he'll insult me for stating this, but i think fog has really good taste, for the most part. Even his Fossil is boss.
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » June 27th 2015, 7:28am

TemerityB wrote: but i think fog has really good taste, for the most part.

Pardon me??
GET OFF MY LAWN
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby conjurer » June 27th 2015, 8:37am

This is a great idea, foggy! I wished I'd have thought of it six years ago.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Reviews