Review on The Timex T2M467

Post your watch reviews here

Review on The Timex T2M467

Postby abduksion » November 1st 2013, 4:23pm

I wanted to wait at least a month to do a review on this watch, I was past that so please forgive me. I'll be using older pics for this review because my free bandwidth on Photobucket is almost up (cheap bastards). Ok I'll make this as short and unbiased as I can, but I may say something that makes me sound like I'm some kind of Invicta butt boy fan. Now the review but first the specs.

Case
42mm
13mm (thick)
20mm lugs
Mineral crystal
100m
indiglo

There are some watches that can pull off that all polished look while others can't. Polished dive watches No polished dress watches Yes.

The Timex T series is or was considered to be Timex's high end line before the TX series was introduced back in 06? Timex as a long history of making watches at affordable prices but some see them as a cheap Wal-Mart brand. That is an understatement to me anyways sure there's your typical digital Timex watches that cost $18-30 than there's Timex analog watches that Timex actually took the time to make. This is like buying a Tudor at 1/3 of the price of a Rolex. We all know Tudor is made by Rolex but without the Rolex prices because, Tudor doesn't use Rolex movements.

I've never seen Timex as a go to brand when shopping I tend to go after brands like Citizen, Seiko, Casio etc. I had purchased this Timex at a TJ Max store and honestly wasn't looking to buy anything but saw it and said what the hell I'll give it a try. At first the style didn't sing to me and was about to return it for a refund but decided to keep it. The movement is the same as my other Timex T42351 I bought a few months back. I still have no idea what movement Timex uses in these watches. I'm still gonna say its a ETA 251.262 or a ETA 251.272? But have them assembled in the Philippians to low cost?. As I mentioned before the entire case is highly polished including the signed buckle case back is brushed. Pushers are squared shape instead of round ones which gives it a higher end look. Crown is push-pull and when press activates the Indiglo. No lume on the hands and the dial is gray according to Amazon and it has a dark brown strap. Date is at the 4 o'clock that has a reverse disk to blend into the dial. The main hr/minute hands look plastic with a frosted look? I tried to compare this watch to other models out there and came across this one by the CWC company http://www.cwcwatch.com/quartz-chronograph-new.htm. I've had this Timex on the black nato strap u guys see me wear on my Movado. The Nato band give the Timex a military look and feel and frankly it should of been the band used instead of the strap they provided. Now the pics. Sorry no side pics.

In conclusion this Timex was made for those who wanted that military inspired look, with a good size, movement and bang for the buck. If this was a Tissot, Seiko, Citizen, or even a Maurice Lacroix it would be a minimum of $1,500? Now would I recommend it? It depends if you were looking for a dress, sports or military look? This can easily be all three with the right straps. Put a black nato you have a military pilots chronograph, put a black genuine alligator strap (like I did before) and it makes it look 10x expensive. Or just keep it on the original strap. ALL in all I say you like it go for it. BTW here's similar models. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ ... x+t+series
Last edited by abduksion on November 1st 2013, 4:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Re: Review on The Timex T2M467

Postby Horse Feathers » November 1st 2013, 4:29pm

abduksion wrote:The movement is the same as my other Timex T42351 I bought a few months back. I still have no idea what movement Timex uses in these watches. I'm still gonna say its a ETA 251.262 or a ETA 251.272?

I'm confused !

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby abduksion » November 1st 2013, 4:35pm

Horse Feathers wrote:
abduksion wrote:The movement is the same as my other Timex T42351 I bought a few months back. I still have no idea what movement Timex uses in these watches. I'm still gonna say its a ETA 251.262 or a ETA 251.272?

I'm confused !

Timex doesn't say which movement they use but the dial configuration is the same used in ETA movements. The hour hand can be set independently to advanced the time forward or backwards like seen the ETA movements.
abduksion

Postby conjurer » November 1st 2013, 4:45pm

Nice review, Kev. Well done.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby abduksion » November 1st 2013, 4:49pm

conjurer wrote:Nice review, Kev. Well done.

Thanks I appreciate it.
abduksion

Postby foghorn » November 1st 2013, 5:07pm

Timex uses Chinese movements. Good values but certainly not powered by ETA movements.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby abduksion » November 1st 2013, 5:21pm

foghorn wrote:Timex uses Chinese movements. Good values but certainly not powered by ETA movements.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had no idea wish they would just say that on the back of the caseback?
abduksion

Postby Horse Feathers » November 1st 2013, 10:58pm

abduksion wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:

I'm confused !

Timex doesn't say which movement they use but the dial configuration is the same used in ETA movements. The hour hand can be set independently to advanced the time forward or backwards like seen the ETA movements.

http://www.esslinger.com/eta-251-272-qu ... ments.aspx
http://www.esslinger.com/eta-251-262-qu ... ments.aspx

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » November 2nd 2013, 2:14am

Nice review Ab. They've definitely been moving in the right direction with their products the last several years. The 251.262/272 are my favorite quartz movements. I used to travel a great deal, and there is no easier movement to reset as you move through timezones. The date changes with every rotation of the hour hand past 12; a little bit of a hassle if you're several days off. I wonder if the Timex version has the same complications; the ETA's are fun movements.

abduksion wrote: Sorry no side pics.

Side pics schmide pics, but no indiglo shot?
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby abduksion » November 2nd 2013, 5:02pm

3Flushes wrote:Nice review Ab. They've definitely been moving in the right direction with their products the last several years. The 251.262/272 are my favorite quartz movements. I used to travel a great deal, and there is no easier movement to reset as you move through timezones. The date changes with every rotation of the hour hand past 12; a little bit of a hassle if you're several days off. I wonder if the Timex version has the same complications; the ETA's are fun movements.

abduksion wrote: Sorry no side pics.

Side pics schmide pics, but no indiglo shot?

I would of showed a indigo shot but its very weak on the watch.
abduksion

Return to Reviews