Skolorr – On-Line Marketplace For Independent Watchmakers

Luxury and Independent Watch brands

Skolorr – On-Line Marketplace For Independent Watchmakers

Postby Racer-X » July 5th 2017, 8:50pm

by Robert Jan-Broer "Skolorr, to be pronounced as scholar, is a new on-line platform where you can buy timepieces from a number of artisan watchmakers and independent brands.

Independent watchmaking, or indie watchmaking, has been hot over the last few years. You will find some brands that made fame for themselves for larger audiences, like MB&F, Hautlence and Voutilainen, but you will also often find some new names (to you). The interesting part about independent watchmaking is that they have small production numbers, often tailored to wishes of their clientele. There’s also the tendency of doing as much themselves as possible, even when it is very expensive to do so, it is about the quality of finish of the final product, not so much about quantity and margins."

Article at Fratellowatches

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Skolorr – On-Line Marketplace For Independent Watchmaker

Postby conjurer » July 5th 2017, 10:14pm

I personally like the watches I collect to have a few more vowels, thank you very much.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Skolorr – On-Line Marketplace For Independent Watchmaker

Postby Falstaff » July 6th 2017, 7:16am

conjurer wrote:I personally like the watches I collect to have a few more vowels, thank you very much.

Used to go out with a girl named Karly Krnka. She pronounced it "Krinika". Very talented in certain respects not characterized by vowel count.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Return to Luxury & Independent Watchmakers