H.MOSER ET CIE- Pioneer Perpetual Calendar

Luxury and Independent Watch brands

H.MOSER ET CIE- Pioneer Perpetual Calendar

Postby koimaster » June 26th 2017, 8:35am

You may recall a post from last year about two of Moser’s perpetual calendars – the Endeavour Perpetual Calendar and Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Concept, both powered by the in-house double-barrelled manual-wind Calibre HMC 341 with a seven day power reserve and beating at 18,000 VPH.

Today, we introduce the recently launched Pioneer Perpetual Calendar in stainless steel., presented as a more ‘everyday wear’ type of watch than the white gold, rose told and platinum (although the Endeavour Perpetual Calendar also comes in titanium) Perpetuals mentioned in my earlier posts.

H. Moser & Cie. launched its Pioneer collection in 2015. Although it still early days with the Pioneer family, so far their use of bolder hands and indices, not to mention luminous material, make for a stronger dial personality compared to the other collections, and its positioning within the Moser collection families make it more accessible.

Whenever you see a Moser fumé dial it pretty much ends up being the focal point of the watch. For this new piece, it’s a sumptuous midnight-blue fumé with a sunburst pattern. There is also the presence of Super-LumiNova on the leaf-shaped half-skeleton hands and hour marker dots to make for easier dim light time reading than its Moser siblings.

https://horologium.com.au/2017/06/26/h- ... dar-steel/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: H.MOSER ET CIE- Pioneer Perpetual Calendar

Postby tiktok » June 26th 2017, 9:02am

wow, I think this is the first Moser in steel. Everybody get on board the ez train.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » June 26th 2017, 1:18pm

I know I'm like a broken record: H Moser is the freakin' bomb. Off the charts quality with a refreshingly no-nonsense attitude.

Notice it doesn't state "Swiss Made" on the dial, even though Moser is about as Swiss as it gets? Moser basically is pissed that brands have been allowed to state "Swiss Made" while not being 100 percent Swiss - so Moser basically told the FH to FU and is keeping the designation off its watches entirely, rubbing it in the face of authority. Balls like garbage cans, and I love it. I might be wrong, but I think Moser only issues about 1,400 watches a year. I don't know how the watch experts think Moser stacks up against the older brands, but I don't care. Just trying one on was like landing on a different planet. Another brand I'll never own, but it doesn't keep me from admiring them from afar.
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » June 26th 2017, 1:31pm

tiktok wrote:wow, I think this is the first Moser in steel. Everybody get on board the ez train.

Their stuff is awesome.

Like my Grandfather on my Mother's side used to say: "If you've got money, you can travel."

Me, I'm going nowhere.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » June 26th 2017, 2:04pm

Never say never..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » June 26th 2017, 2:14pm

Never
GET OFF MY LAWN
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby conjurer » June 26th 2017, 2:47pm

They should have stuck with making safes.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Luxury & Independent Watchmakers