PARMIGIANI FLEURIER TONDA CHRONOR

Luxury and Independent Watch brands

PARMIGIANI FLEURIER TONDA CHRONOR

Postby koimaster » March 5th 2017, 10:08am

The Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda Chronor Anniversaire contains two column wheels, a gold movement and a grand feu enamel dial. Angus Davies ponders whether this could be described as one of the finest chronograph to date.

I confess that I have a predilection for chronographs which borders on horological fetishism. There are no other complications like the chronograph, save for the minute repeater, where the wearer is literally invited to interact with the movement.

Chronographs are useful gadgets which can be used every day, albeit this timepiece is anything but everyday. From timing the period necessary to boil an egg, to measuring the elapsed period a vehicle covers a known distance, the chronograph is an invaluable tool for daily life.

However, there are chronographs and there are chronographs par excellence. In this instance, the chronograph in question befits the latter description. It is the amazing Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda Chronor Anniversaire, arguably one of the finest chronographs available today.

But, what makes this timepiece so special? Allow me to elaborate further.

http://www.escapementmagazine.com/artic ... html.html/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to Luxury & Independent Watchmakers