$102,000 worth of disappointment

links and resources for Asian watches

$102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby abduksion » October 3rd 2014, 2:31pm

I don't know anything about Chinese watches but I'm sure AlbertaTime can chime in.

http://www.amazon.com/Beijing-Factory-D ... eletonized
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby Tzimisces » October 3rd 2014, 4:24pm

Gotta admit...$4.50 for shipping a 100k watch from China is pretty reasonable.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
User avatar
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4861
Joined: August 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Amelia, VA

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby abduksion » October 3rd 2014, 4:55pm

Tzimisces wrote:Gotta admit...$4.50 for shipping a 100k watch from China is pretty reasonable.


For that price shipping should be free and overnight.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby Steelhead » October 4th 2014, 2:41am

abduksion wrote:For that price shipping should be free and overnight.


For that price a courier (with an armed guard) should hand-deliver it.
"And they will know that I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance on them"
-- Ezekiel 25:17
User avatar
Steelhead
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 341
Joined: June 17th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Lawn Guyland

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby abduksion » October 5th 2014, 11:39am

Steelhead wrote:
abduksion wrote:For that price shipping should be free and overnight.


For that price a courier (with an armed guard) should hand-deliver it.


Agreed.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby foghorn » October 5th 2014, 12:04pm

Steelhead wrote:
For that price a courier (with an armed guard) should hand-deliver it.






+3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15039
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby AJC » October 5th 2014, 4:15pm

Funny amazon comments as always.
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6010
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Wilmington, DE AKA "Murdertown, USA" -Newsweek

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby biglove » October 5th 2014, 4:55pm

AJC wrote:Funny amazon comments as always.

Image
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 10082
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Location: Deep South

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby conjurer » October 5th 2014, 5:02pm

biglove wrote:
AJC wrote:Funny amazon comments as always.

Image


This sounds like Stash when he's bitching and moaning. Stupid asshole.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 24091
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby AlbertaTime » October 5th 2014, 5:02pm

Here's the listing for that watch at the BJWAF site:

http://en.bjwaf.com/products_detail/&pr ... 49362.html

...with a listed price of $42,000 USD approx.

Movement: TB02-L
Watchcase: 18K rose gold
Buckle: 18k rose gold
Dial: NO
Watches Needle: Blue steel luminous needle
Watches Mirror: Sapphire crystal glass
Watchband: Alligator strap
Watches Diameter: 43mm
Thickness: 12mm
Drill Number: 37 jewels (drill is a translation error, means jewels)
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby abduksion » October 5th 2014, 5:12pm

AlbertaTime wrote:Here's the listing for that watch at the BJWAF site:

http://en.bjwaf.com/products_detail/&pr ... 49362.html

...with a listed price of $42,000 USD approx.

Movement: TB02-L
Watchcase: 18K rose gold
Buckle: 18k rose gold
Dial: NO
Watches Needle: Blue steel luminous needle
Watches Mirror: Sapphire crystal glass
Watchband: Alligator strap
Watches Diameter: 43mm
Thickness: 12mm
Drill Number: 37 jewels (drill is a translation error, means jewels)


Thanks for the link. I'm still trying to figure out why the watch cost what it does especially for a Chinese watch?
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby AlbertaTime » October 5th 2014, 5:34pm

abduksion wrote:Thanks for the link. I'm still trying to figure out why the watch cost what it does especially for a Chinese watch?


It's a double tourbillon, limited edition in 18K, and features a patented differential device to prevent conflict between the two escapements, both of which engage a common third wheel.

This isn't simple stuff. For example, the flexible torque differential device alone is composed of 16 parts, and the overall watch design required the collaboration of BJWAf's top two master tourbillon watchmakers, Xu YaoNa and Shi WenLi.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby abduksion » October 5th 2014, 5:59pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
abduksion wrote:Thanks for the link. I'm still trying to figure out why the watch cost what it does especially for a Chinese watch?


It's a double tourbillon, limited edition in 18K, and features a patented differential device to prevent conflict between the two escapements, both of which engage a common third wheel.

This isn't simple stuff. For example, the flexible torque differential device alone is composed of 16 parts, and the overall watch design required the collaboration of BJWAf's top two master tourbillon watchmakers, Xu YaoNa and Shi WenLi.


But isn't $102k a lot for a Chinese double tourbillon? Or is that considered a bargain by Chinese standards?
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby AlbertaTime » October 5th 2014, 6:13pm

abduksion wrote:But isn't $102k a lot for a Chinese double tourbillon? Or is that considered a bargain by Chinese standards?


The listed price at the BJWAF site is $42,000 USD approx., not $102K. I have no idea where that $102K figure comes from...apart from the hopes of the Amazon seller.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: $102,000 worth of disappointment

Postby abduksion » October 5th 2014, 6:50pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
abduksion wrote:But isn't $102k a lot for a Chinese double tourbillon? Or is that considered a bargain by Chinese standards?


The listed price at the BJWAF site is $42,000 USD approx., not $102K. I have no idea where that $102K figure comes from...apart from the hopes of the Amazon seller.


I was scratching my head too about the price.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm


Return to Asian watch resources

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests