Citizen bl 1250-55e

links and resources for Asian watches

Citizen bl 1250-55e

Postby gregl515 » January 11th 2014, 8:03pm

I know it looks like if an Omega and a Tag fucked and had a baby, but I am interested in a Citizen bl 1250-55e of Citizen's Signature Series. To me, it most resembles a Seiko Sumo. I just wonder if any of you have handled this watch. I am sort of concerned about using a solar watch since I normally switch off everyday.
"When you can't feel pain, you're dead!", Sgt. Laskodi, U.S.M.C.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker, U.S.M.C. (The Sands of Iwo Jima).
gregl515
WIS - Retired

Re: Citizen bl 1250-55e

Postby biglove » January 11th 2014, 8:13pm

Haven't handled one but from the specs, appearances and reviews I don't think you can go wrong. Price is a bit steep but I do like it!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » January 11th 2014, 8:33pm

gregl, you begin your post almost apologizing for the way that watch looks...that watch? No need to qualify that one! That's a rock solid dive watch - and as a Tag guy, I don't think it resembles a Tag in the least (I think it has the classic Citizen dive look, particularly the dial texture, matched with a slick look of a Longines Hydroquest). Buy two. Also, my soulution to owning a solar is simply to store it near a window; I'm serious. The two I have stay running beautifully (I know others will scoff, but I keep a good eye on them and they run great).
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim from ... guess who? Cuckoo 'coo, that's who.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby abduksion » January 11th 2014, 9:49pm

I'm not a big fan of that model, but it does have a cool perpetual calender feature :D
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby bedlam » January 11th 2014, 11:04pm

Its a great watch greg. Its on my 'to-be-picked-up-at-some-point' list 8-)
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby gregl515 » January 11th 2014, 11:15pm

dI was hoping to hear from you Bed. Based on my desire for this watch and you guys' endorsement, I have ordered it. When I can walk I'll get a camera and take this watch out and photograph it.

Before someone jumps me, I have a good job and can (almost) afford the watches I buy. :roll:
"When you can't feel pain, you're dead!", Sgt. Laskodi, U.S.M.C.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker, U.S.M.C. (The Sands of Iwo Jima).
gregl515
WIS - Retired

Postby jaw » January 11th 2014, 11:47pm

TemerityB wrote:gregl, you begin your post almost apologizing for the way that watch looks...that watch? No need to qualify that one! That's a rock solid dive watch - and as a Tag guy, I don't think it resembles a Tag in the least (I think it has the classic Citizen dive look, particularly the dial texture, matched with a slick look of a Longines Hydroquest). Buy two. Also, my soulution to owning a solar is simply to store it near a window; I'm serious. The two I have stay running beautifully (I know others will scoff, but I keep a good eye on them and they run great).

Sorry TB, Citizen is known to have ripped the Tag Aquaracer 500M bezel on this one (along with Invicta). I seriously considered the Citizen (chrono version) for that look and price, but the subtle differences in the bezel design (bezel font, screws @ 1,3,5, etc), made me go with the source - Tag.

See Klone Posse Post
http://www.watchlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1493&hilit=Posse&start=75#p91462

Mine (seller pic)

Last edited by jaw on January 12th 2014, 12:00am, edited 1 time in total.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » January 11th 2014, 11:59pm

Uh...ok. Where's the screws on the Citizen bezel?

So this kinda stuff keeps people up at night? Sure, there's a similarity, but great googily moogily, the Cit's a nice piece. And I'm a Tag guy! But the day I rely on Adams for design news is the day I eat only at diners that Rachel Ray recommends on the TV box.
Last edited by TemerityB on January 12th 2014, 12:03am, edited 1 time in total.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim from ... guess who? Cuckoo 'coo, that's who.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby jaw » January 12th 2014, 12:02am

TemerityB wrote:Uh...ok. Where's the screws on the Citizen bezel?

So this kinda stuff keep people up at night? Sure, there's a similarity, but great googily moogily, the Cit's a nice piece.

Yes it is nice - and almost got me.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » January 12th 2014, 12:30am

Although I've never seen one in the metal, everything I've heard about this Citi indicates that it's a fucking winner.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby jonnybardo » January 12th 2014, 11:23am

I own the black chrono version and love it - very classy. You're right on about it feeling like a Sumo (which I have as well), but with a much nicer bracelet. It has a similar quality - more on the sporty-classy range than the toolish-diver. The dial itself is very nice - a sparkling sunburst. Check out the blue dial as well, which really brings it out.
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jonnybardo » January 12th 2014, 11:34am

Some comparison shots. Forgive the crappy photography, but hopefully it gives you a sense of things.

jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Asian watch resources