New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby Falstaff » July 3rd 2017, 9:37am

An NH35 is indeed an NH35 - but only Invicter can produce a wartch sporting said NH35 wherein the hands fall off, straps break, crystals are hazed, crowns fail and a CS (customer service) dept. that returns wartches from repair in a mere 6 months in worse condition than when sent in - not to mention fake sandstone, fake diamonds, MOP from toxic Chinese lakes, debatable meteorite, poor quality "proprietary" lume and all the integrity of Bernie Madoff. Yep, an NH35 is an NH35 - but sadly, an Invicter remains an Invicter.

Welcome, my coniferous friend....
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
What's the problem HAL?
I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6312
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby koimaster » July 3rd 2017, 9:59am

Mortuus wrote:
Nope, not even close to referring to you, Alain...you have other, more pressing reasons to hate them, and no one who knows them would ever argue with your reasoning. Nope, we have others here who can't be bothered with facts about the occasional good product -- like the aforementioned pro-divers and Grand Divers -- that comes out of IWG's "factories."


And I know your love of Pro Divers Mort :lol: As we say here, buy what you like, just make certain you know the facts from research before purchasing. I see some inflictas like I view timex, cheap but functional such as the pro diver but most to me are shit made crap sold to those who think a saucer on the wrist is classy. I was at the County assessors off the other day on business when I saw the office manager wearing an inflicta pro diver sub clone. He did not grab my wrist and I certainly did not grab his but he noticed my watch that day and proudly showed me his inflicta. I was wearing this at the time:
Image

I really did not want to get into a conversation about his watch but he prattled on about it for about 5 minutes. He kept asking me if my watch was a Japanese watch as he had never heard of the Maurice Lecroix brand. I politely told him it was a swiss brand and then he started with the "swiss made" inclictas and how he owned quite a few. At this point I asked him if he ever went to watch forums and he mentioned on inflicta friendly one and that he had been a member of WG at one time. He did not tell me his ID at either site. I told him about the wonderful hater forum known as watchlords and he seemed he know all about it. He also told me several of his friends locally knew about the forum as well and stopped there to lurk. Anyway, I told him who I was and the conversation ended abruptly. It seems he needed to do something else. :lol: Apparently I have that effect on some folks. Not the first time nor I suspect the last time. Ask my watch person here in town how many inflicta folks have mentioned WL to her after she tells them I am one of her favorite clients. :mrgreen:
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 31529
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby codguy » July 3rd 2017, 11:18am

koimaster wrote: Anyway, I told him who I was and the conversation ended abruptly. It seems he needed to do something else. :lol:


My guess is he needed to go to his safe space and blow snot bubbles... or make something with play-doh.
.


Image
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 11:26am

koimaster wrote:
Mortuus wrote:
Nope, not even close to referring to you, Alain...you have other, more pressing reasons to hate them, and no one who knows them would ever argue with your reasoning. Nope, we have others here who can't be bothered with facts about the occasional good product -- like the aforementioned pro-divers and Grand Divers -- that comes out of IWG's "factories."


And I know your love of Pro Divers Mort :lol: As we say here, buy what you like, just make certain you know the facts from research before purchasing. I see some inflictas like I view timex, cheap but functional such as the pro diver but most to me are shit made crap sold to those who think a saucer on the wrist is classy. I was at the County assessors off the other day on business when I saw the office manager wearing an inflicta pro diver sub clone. He did not grab my wrist and I certainly did not grab his but he noticed my watch that day and proudly showed me his inflicta. I was wearing this at the time:
Image

I really did not want to get into a conversation about his watch but he prattled on about it for about 5 minutes. He kept asking me if my watch was a Japanese watch as he had never heard of the Maurice Lecroix brand. I politely told him it was a swiss brand and then he started with the "swiss made" inclictas and how he owned quite a few. At this point I asked him if he ever went to watch forums and he mentioned on inflicta friendly one and that he had been a member of WG at one time. He did not tell me his ID at either site. I told him about the wonderful hater forum known as watchlords and he seemed he know all about it. He also told me several of his friends locally knew about the forum as well and stopped there to lurk. Anyway, I told him who I was and the conversation ended abruptly. It seems he needed to do something else. :lol: Apparently I have that effect on some folks. Not the first time nor I suspect the last time. Ask my watch person here in town how many inflicta folks have mentioned WL to her after she tells them I am one of her favorite clients. :mrgreen:


Maurice Lacroix! I have even more respect for you now for proudly wearing a less known and underrated brand. Feeling the same way about Tutimas
User avatar
PiningforElgin
Member
 
Posts: 202
Joined: July 2nd 2017, 11:41am

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby bobbee » July 3rd 2017, 11:30am

codguy wrote:
koimaster wrote: Anyway, I told him who I was and the conversation ended abruptly. It seems he needed to do something else. :lol:


My guess is he needed to go to his safe space and blow snot bubbles... or make something with play-doh.


:LMAO:
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
User avatar
bobbee
Master of Time
 
Posts: 717
Joined: November 30th 2016, 1:01am

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby bobbee » July 3rd 2017, 11:33am

Oh, and welcome sir!
Me and my buddy mike like vintage, we both got some old Tissots that we can show you, IF you asks all sweet-like!
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
User avatar
bobbee
Master of Time
 
Posts: 717
Joined: November 30th 2016, 1:01am

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby foghorn » July 3rd 2017, 11:38am

Who the fuck says Tutimas are lesser known??


Image



Image
Image

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 14598
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby bobbee » July 3rd 2017, 11:41am

That creamy piece is so cool.
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
User avatar
bobbee
Master of Time
 
Posts: 717
Joined: November 30th 2016, 1:01am

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 4:11pm

bobbee wrote:Oh, and welcome sir!
Me and my buddy mike like vintage, we both got some old Tissots that we can show you, IF you asks all sweet-like!


Thank you, will keep this in mind!!
User avatar
PiningforElgin
Member
 
Posts: 202
Joined: July 2nd 2017, 11:41am

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby biglove » July 5th 2017, 7:24pm

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 9619
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Location: Deep South

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby Mortuus » July 5th 2017, 7:55pm

Foggy didn't mention this -- probably just being modest -- but he eats with his pecker. Now that's something you don't come across in just any millennium... 8-)
Do Not Mistake My Kindness for Weakness.
User avatar
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 8016
Joined: February 3rd 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby Mortuus » July 5th 2017, 8:00pm

biglove wrote:Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...

What's that you say, 'Loaf? Denmark? Jeebus...did one of them perchance move there from Australia without letting someone who cared here know about it? Nem'mind; I just answered my own question... ;)
Do Not Mistake My Kindness for Weakness.
User avatar
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 8016
Joined: February 3rd 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby artman » July 5th 2017, 8:13pm

Who da fuk said ML's were less known?
User avatar
artman
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: February 8th 2015, 5:42pm

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby Mortuus » July 5th 2017, 10:49pm

artman wrote:Who da fuk said ML's were less known?

Apparently it was Piney...but I think he was talking about his favorite Chinese restaurant. Maury's Lee Qwok? :lol:
Do Not Mistake My Kindness for Weakness.
User avatar
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 8016
Joined: February 3rd 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Re: New here - hello from East Coast of US!

Postby Britboy » July 6th 2017, 1:10pm

I'll keep it short and sweet - Welcome
Speak your mind, things might get heated but that is what this forum is for
Speaking your mind..
User avatar
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 615
Joined: August 22nd 2013, 10:58am
Location: Los Feliz, CA

Previous

Return to Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests