Newbie from Indonesia

Newbie from Indonesia

Postby noobsnoot » March 8th 2017, 11:20am

Hey guys, I'm new here and not so active in any forums until I got an email from the admin.

Anyway, I'm here to share and see what watch people do here have and how you guys perceive one to another.

Currently I own:
- DKNY fashion quartz watch
my first watch without any knowledge but assume it looked good on me - not seeing it that way anymore

- Movado Museum Quartz
Heard from colleague that movado is a respectable brand so bought it, again with very little knowledge of watch

- Corniche Mistral Forty quartz (a gift from my sister)

- invicta speedway (daytona look) with white dial
In love with Daytona but still cannot afford it so I bought this so cheap like $65. Nothing much to be proud off but yeah I still like the way it looks. I hate the bracelet as it's so sharp and sometime it hurts my fingernail just to open the clasp. Right now it's sitting on the green nylon nato. Love the way it looks now.

- Seiko Sea-Urchin SNZF17
My first automatic watch and it is a higher maintenance watch that dies if you don't wear it. Not the best accuracy as it gains more than 60 secs a day, yes A DAY. Love the way it looks and it fits on my hand and I have been changing the straps from the original bracelet - black real croco leather - nylon natos- leather nato. So far its best looks is with the real croco leather. Makes the watch looks so much more expensive than it really is. Definitely one of the best cheaper diver watch in the market. I like this watch better than the SKX due to the shape of the bezel.

- Seiko Flightmaster SNA411
I bought this watch after watching the TGV youtube channel and it is a beautiful watch. Too bad it's a quartz but hey, I really enjoy the courtesy of grab-n-go without worrying that the watch need to be adjusted or winding. A nice looking quartz is a must have indeed. I also change the strap right after it arrived to me. Right now it's sitting on the black leather nato (so handsome). A non-watch enthusiast said that it's a nicer looking watch compared to the Breitling Navitimer. I know I will make people disagree and mad by saying that and I do not deny i like the navitimer too.

Future wish to buy:
- Rolex GMT Batman
- Seiko Shogun SBDC029
- JLC Mastercontrol
- and many seiko's in the short future too.
noobsnoot

Re: Newbie from Indonesia

Postby noobsnoot » March 8th 2017, 11:21am

Oh I just realize the avatar that I have here is the Seiko Flightmaster SNA411 with Bond Nato. Don't you agree that it looks really good??
noobsnoot

Postby jason_recliner » March 8th 2017, 11:40am

Cool watch. But NATOs are fucking ghey. No offence.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby Racer-X » March 8th 2017, 11:46am

noobsnoot wrote:Oh I just realize the avatar that I have here is the Seiko Flightmaster SNA411 with Bond Nato. Don't you agree that it looks really good??

This watch came up recently in another intro. I am a fan of this one but as of yet don't own it. Urban Gentry did a nice review.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZcvA9HTWo[/youtube]
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bobbee » March 8th 2017, 11:50am

Cool watch. Welcome.
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby Professir » March 8th 2017, 12:03pm

I LOVE Seiko Flightmasters....I have a 1980 that needs a new movement- a 4 dial. Welcome!
Professir

Postby Britboy » March 8th 2017, 1:53pm

Welcome, have fun.
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » March 8th 2017, 2:07pm

Welcome to Watchlords; the joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed t have.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » March 8th 2017, 2:19pm

Welcome to the asylum...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark1 » March 8th 2017, 2:25pm

Welcome to WatchLords Noob.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby gerdson » March 8th 2017, 2:41pm

Welcome! If those 60 seconds on Your Sea Urchin are consistent, in any position, this could easily be regulated.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » March 8th 2017, 5:55pm

Hello there. Love the choice of handle. Welcome to ya.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim from ... guess who? Cuckoo 'coo, that's who.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » March 8th 2017, 8:03pm

Hidey-ho!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby codguy » March 9th 2017, 5:39am

:wqee:

jason_recliner wrote:But NATOs are fucking ghey.

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Ofcmark » March 9th 2017, 7:14am

Welcome to the lords
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby noobsnoot » March 14th 2017, 9:26am

gerdson wrote:Welcome! If those 60 seconds on Your Sea Urchin are consistent, in any position, this could easily be regulated.

How so? I did run test twice and it's accurate enough. How to regulate the accuracy? Any instructional video?
noobsnoot

Postby noobsnoot » March 14th 2017, 9:28am

jason_recliner wrote:Cool watch. But NATOs are fucking ghey. No offence.

None taken. But why do you think so? I found nato is more comfortable than leather or bracelet especially when working with a laptop.
noobsnoot

Postby gerdson » March 18th 2017, 1:59am

noobsnoot wrote:
gerdson wrote:Welcome! If those 60 seconds on Your Sea Urchin are consistent, in any position, this could easily be regulated.

How so? I did run test twice and it's accurate enough. How to regulate the accuracy? Any instructional video?

I am sure one could find instructions on youtube, though maybe not specific for this movement. Regulating a watch (to run even in all positions) is pretty tricky and involves a lot of experience and means changing / fiddling around with many components in the watch. But once that is done, the speed itself can be adjusted, typically by minor variations of the effective length of the balance spring.

This should be the movement, and You can see the little lever at the balance and the plus/minus scale:
http://www.ninanet.net/watches/others13/Mediums/mseiko5.html

However, if You have never done so, I suggest to go to a watchmaker. Even opening the case can be tricky, and fiddling around with such delicate parts of the movement can also mean accidentally destroying something.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby Kahuna74 » March 18th 2017, 6:10am

noobsnoot wrote:

None taken. But why do you think so? I found nato is more comfortable than leather or bracelet especially when working with a laptop.

Nothing wrong with Nato's, sometimes they fill a gap until you can find a strap that works and they are easy to clean. Everyone has their own thoughts on every thing about watches.
Welcome aboard the crazy train. :)
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby codguy » March 18th 2017, 6:21am

Kahuna74 wrote:
noobsnoot wrote:

Nothing wrong with Nato's, sometimes they fill a gap until you can find a strap that works and they are easy to clean.

Since they are easy to clean, perhaps I should try one of these on my latest dress watch

:sarc:

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby noobsnoot » March 20th 2017, 10:39am

Thanks, I think I will just service the seiko, I don't know how much will it cost me but I hope it's not much as the watch itself is quite cheap.
gerdson wrote:
noobsnoot wrote:

I am sure one could find instructions on youtube, though maybe not specific for this movement. Regulating a watch (to run even in all positions) is pretty tricky and involves a lot of experience and means changing / fiddling around with many components in the watch. But once that is done, the speed itself can be adjusted, typically by minor variations of the effective length of the balance spring.

This should be the movement, and You can see the little lever at the balance and the plus/minus scale:
http://www.ninanet.net/watches/others13/Mediums/mseiko5.html

However, if You have never done so, I suggest to go to a watchmaker. Even opening the case can be tricky, and fiddling around with such delicate parts of the movement can also mean accidentally destroying something.
noobsnoot

Return to Welcome! Introduce Yourself