New up in this joint!

Re: New up in this joint!

Postby tiktok » June 1st 2016, 9:04pm

As a businessman prior to astral travel L Ron Hubbard was quite a genius. One of his basic tenets was for businesses to determine exactly what is wanted and needed before hitting the production button. I have made many products that were desired by a small few but ignored the land of opportunity and called myself an artist. Overhanging lugs are not on my wanted and needed list...just my two cents.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Ofcmark » June 1st 2016, 9:33pm

Welcome board, and thanks for the discount code
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 1st 2016, 9:43pm

tiktok wrote:As a businessman prior to astral travel L Ron Hubbard was quite a genius. One of his basic tenets was for businesses to determine exactly what is wanted and needed before hitting the production button. I have made many products that were desired by a small few but ignored the land of opportunity and called myself an artist. Overhanging lugs are not on my wanted and needed list...just my two cents.

It's a tough one because I have a group that loves and a group that hates them. So I just go with what is best for strength and functionality instead. They barely hang out as it is...
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » June 1st 2016, 10:23pm

American Psycho, written by Bret Easton Ellis and published by Vintage Books in 1991, was easily the worst piece of fucking shit in modern American literature. Supposedly a black comedy about yuppie values and the excesses of capitalism, it tracks, in first person, the descent into insanity of Wall Street banker Patrick Bateman, who is also a serial killer. Instead, it's a revolting, misogynist tale filled with sexual violence towards women that was so appalling that the original publisher, Simon & Schuster, dropped the book and allowed Ellis to walk away with his six-figure advance, due to almost all the female workers in the house threatening to quit if they went ahead with publishing.

I read American Psycho back in the 90s, finding a remaindered copy at Waldenbooks. My interest had been piqued from reading about how fucking horrible it was in the old "Spy" magazine, which had chronicled Mr. Ellis's ups and downs in New York publishing (at one point, they had a staffer type the entire text of the book, photocopied it, and sent it to dozens of publishers; apart from the normal "thanks, but no thanks" replies they got, they also got numerous "please don't contact us again" letters). I found the book stupid, banal, and poorly written. Even though Vintage Books had edited many of the horrific sexual violence scenes, I found it sickening. I can easily see why so many women who worked for S&S stood up and threatened the publisher to drop it.

In 2000, American Psycho was released as a movie. I didn't bother seeing it. The book was fucking horrible enough.

I'm no fan of censorship. I've written some books myself, and I've written some scenes that are pretty fucking violent and horrible. Sometimes, scenes like that are important to lay down in print. I don't want American Psycho banned anywhere, nor do I want Mein Kampf banned, either. But to call the character Patrick Bateman a hero, or to embrace him, or to do anything with the novel but to ignore it is dumb and fucking silly.

Try again, Jay.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 1st 2016, 10:30pm

conjurer wrote:American Psycho, written by Bret Easton Ellis and published by Vintage Books in 1991, was easily the worst piece of fucking shit in modern American literature. Supposedly a black comedy about yuppie values and the excesses of capitalism, it tracks, in first person, the descent into insanity of Wall Street banker Patrick Bateman, who is also a serial killer. Instead, it's a revolting, misogynist tale filled with sexual violence towards women that was so appalling that the original publisher, Simon & Schuster, dropped the book and allowed Ellis to walk away with his six-figure advance, due to almost all the female workers in the house threatening to quit if they went ahead with publishing.

I read American Psycho back in the 90s, finding a remaindered copy at Waldenbooks. My interest had been piqued from reading about how fucking horrible it was in the old "Spy" magazine, which had chronicled Mr. Ellis's ups and downs in New York publishing (at one point, they had a staffer type the entire text of the book, photocopied it, and sent it to dozens of publishers; apart from the normal "thanks, but no thanks" replies they got, they also got numerous "please don't contact us again" letters). I found the book stupid, banal, and poorly written. Even though Vintage Books had edited many of the horrific sexual violence scenes, I found it sickening. I can easily see why so many women who worked for S&S stood up and threatened the publisher to drop it.

In 2000, American Psycho was released as a movie. I didn't bother seeing it. The book was fucking horrible enough.

I'm no fan of censorship. I've written some books myself, and I've written some scenes that are pretty fucking violent and horrible. Sometimes, scenes like that are important to lay down in print. I don't want American Psycho banned anywhere, nor do I want Mein Kampf banned, either. But to call the character Patrick Bateman a hero, or to embrace him, or to do anything with the novel but to ignore it is dumb and fucking silly.

Try again, Jay.

it was a joke dude. gosh!
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » June 1st 2016, 10:39pm

OK, Jay, it was a joke. I get it. No harm, no foul.

Just so you know that you're at Watchlords. We got plenty of smart bastards around here, most a lot fucking smarter than me. You say something fucking dumb here, you'll get called out on it. We're not a bunch of stupid fucking cunts who fell off the turnip truck.

Sorry to hijack your intro thread.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby artman » June 1st 2016, 10:49pm

Sorry to re-hijack your thread, but the American Psycho book may have been garbage, but the movie was awesome and made Christian Bale a star. The business card scene will stay with me forever. Now, back to your thread... welcome again!
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » June 2nd 2016, 3:49am

The only things worse than "American Pscho" are those Harry Reems lugs and Stan "the huckster" Beatstash.

GoDDammiT
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » June 2nd 2016, 4:37am

conjurer wrote:OK, Jay, it was a joke. I get it. No harm, no foul.

Just so you know that you're at Watchlords. We got plenty of smart bastards around here, most a lot fucking smarter than me. You say something fucking dumb here, you'll get called out on it. We're not a bunch of stupid fucking cunts who fell off the turnip truck.

Fair warning that most frown upon discussion of poop. I however, and a few others here, find such discussions fascinating and often humerous.

Therefore if you are inclined to discuss the finer points of dropping deuce, please do.

Also, sorry for the hijack.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Wasp » June 2nd 2016, 4:54am

jayfuckingtaras:
"These fuckers have been put through the ringer by actual professionals mind you. No desk divers"

Any post ringer analysis? Informal ringer testing can be a valuable marketing tool if you can demonstrate and document.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 2nd 2016, 6:11am

conjurer wrote:OK, Jay, it was a joke. I get it. No harm, no foul.

I get it. And I don't take offense. I have the tendency to say shit to see what kind of rise I get out of people anyways. I like this forum. There's actually some interesting stuff. And NOT boring.
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bedlam » June 2nd 2016, 6:11am

I had the Dievas Focal and the overhanging square edge lugs were not comfortable, even with a bit of inward curve. The same thing straight out would be flopping all over the place on a normal size wrist, I would expect.

"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 2nd 2016, 6:22am

Wasp wrote:jayfuckingtaras:
"These fuckers have been put through the ringer by actual professionals mind you. No desk divers"

Any post ringer analysis? Informal ringer testing can be a valuable marketing tool if you can demonstrate and document.

Everyone who has had a watch in their possession had to fill out a weekly report I drummed up. It was more or less for me to determine if I needed to change anything for production. for functionality or looks or whatever. Make sure there was consistency and so forth with the pieces. This is what gave me the confidence to warranty for life.

We have one more test. That's the gunshot test. My buddy over at haus of guns will be demonstrating that down the road. If anything is a valuable marketing tool, that will be. I'm scarce on protos right now. So it will have to wait. They make their rounds. One actually on its way to Manhattan with my mom to be introduced to one of the shark tank people.
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 2nd 2016, 6:24am

bedlam wrote:I had the Dievas Focal and the overhanging square edge lugs were not comfortable, even with a bit of inward curve. The same thing straight out would be flopping all over the place on a normal size wrist, I would expect.

They dig in to your wrist? I don't have that problem at all. Actually angling lugs down 7 degrees for production at the request of 90% of testers.
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Hawk » June 2nd 2016, 7:03am

You youngsters these days. <sigh> It's "wringer", not "ringer".

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby Wasp » June 2nd 2016, 3:30pm

jayfuckingtaras wrote:

Everyone who has had a watch in their possession had to fill out a weekly report I drummed up. It was more or less for me to determine if I needed to change anything for production. for functionality or looks or whatever. Make sure there was consistency and so forth with the pieces. This is what gave me the confidence to warranty for life.

We have one more test. That's the gunshot test. My buddy over at haus of guns will be demonstrating that down the road. If anything is a valuable marketing tool, that will be. I'm scarce on protos right now. So it will have to wait. They make their rounds. One actually on its way to Manhattan with my mom to be introduced to one of the shark tank people.

Promising. I am looking forward to reviewing the data.
Carry on.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mortuus » June 2nd 2016, 5:01pm

Eye used two love Pat Venator back in the 80's, and aye thank it's kule that you went and named a wartch after ben hur. Oh yeah, Lawrence welkome to the forum, Jay. Eye M trooly glad ewe R hear, evin tho eye half knot the knead too bi a wartch or strayup 4A wartch inna long tyme, purr-haps 4ever. :?

Should you find yourself having another heart attack, and you think it might be the big'un, my company stands ready to assist you in any way we can. ;)

We do death right, first class all the way. You'll see what I mean when you're dead like me. 8-)

Gunter. Globen. Glaussen. Glieben.
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » June 2nd 2016, 5:07pm

O I Edward james olmos four got: oui dew creamayshuns, tew.

juss doan aks ass ask us two spred yore asses ashes on lake taw-ho...them boogurz git awl pist awf, like it'suh cryme er sumpfin. Jeebus cripes in uh slidecar. No census of humerus, them.

Pee Ess: eye am wunnuh them edge-uh-cayted mimburz Cornjugger wuzz menshinnen' an he rites eben bettur than hawk 'n I dew, sew their!

Gunter. Globen. Glaussen. Glieben.
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 3rd 2016, 1:47pm

Mortuus wrote:Eye used two love Pat Venator back in the 80's, and aye thank it's kule that you went and named a wartch after ben hur. Oh yeah, Lawrence welkome to the forum, Jay. Eye M trooly glad ewe R hear, evin tho eye half knot the knead too bi a wartch or strayup 4A wartch inna long tyme, purr-haps 4ever. :?

Should you find yourself having another heart attack, and you think it might be the big'un, my company stands ready to assist you in any way we can. ;)

We do death right, first class all the way. You'll see what I mean when you're dead like me. 8-)

I... I... I just don't know how to respond to that. :lol:
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mortuus » June 3rd 2016, 2:14pm

jayfuckingtaras wrote:I... I... I just don't know how to respond to that. :lol:

Ah, then my work is done here...;) Welcome to WL, Jay; glad you're aboard!
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 3rd 2016, 8:29pm

Mortuus wrote:
jayfuckingtaras wrote:I... I... I just don't know how to respond to that. :lol:

Ah, then my work is done here...;) Welcome to WL, Jay; glad you're aboard!

Thanks man. I'll be calling that airline for sure though if I end up having another heart attack though. That's some first class shit right there. :lol:
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » June 24th 2016, 4:50pm

Just used that code at Panatine. Thanks

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby bedlam » June 26th 2016, 7:11pm

....another tumbleweed passes through.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » August 22nd 2016, 5:09pm

I guess he chose not to come back. Was it something we said? :lol:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby biglove » August 22nd 2016, 5:55pm

koimaster wrote:I guess he chose not to come back. Was it something we said? :lol:

And not a single poop story shared. We don't need that kind of negativity here! ;)
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome! Introduce Yourself