New up in this joint!

Re: New up in this joint!

Postby abduksion » May 31st 2016, 5:37pm

Welcome just be alert around the Dimwits. BTW do we get special discounts on straps?
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby jayfuckingtaras » May 31st 2016, 9:05pm

abduksion wrote:Welcome just be alert around the Dimwits. BTW do we get special discounts on straps?

I know what I'm getting in to here :mrgreen:

And yea... I'll call the office tomorrow and get a universal discount code for all the members here. Not a problem.
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bedlam » May 31st 2016, 10:23pm

"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby abduksion » May 31st 2016, 10:47pm

jayfuckingtaras wrote:
abduksion wrote:Welcome just be alert around the Dimwits. BTW do we get special discounts on straps?

I know what I'm getting in to here :mrgreen:

And yea... I'll call the office tomorrow and get a universal discount code for all the members here. Not a problem.

Sweet. I should of mentioned Dimwits is what I call
Members on Wit watchout for Pacer guy he's a special kind of well you'll see once you read what he posts etc.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby codguy » June 1st 2016, 4:51am

jayfuckingtaras wrote:http://venatorwatch.wix.com/venator

:5wrew:
Last edited by codguy on June 1st 2016, 6:02am, edited 1 time in total.

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Wasp » June 1st 2016, 5:14am

Home bro...what be the movement? The caliber is conspicuously missing. As a public service I advise you to keep your reply sans bodily functions or you will endear a member to get all friendly and shit.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 1st 2016, 6:57am

Wasp wrote:Home bro...what be the movement? The caliber is conspicuously missing. As a public service I advise you to keep your reply sans bodily functions or you will endear a member to get all friendly and shit.

Here's specs and a few pics. These fuckers have been put through the ringer by actual professionals mind you. No desk divers... I designed them to not break. No fruit loop looking dials or any of that shit. Just a watch that works, is properly readable, and reliable. And backed for life. No Huey Lewis and the news type bullshit here... I can tell you that right now.

AVAILABLE CASE MATERIALS: 316L Stainless Steel w/ Brushed Finish / 316L Stainless Steel with PVD Finish (Physical Vapor Deposition) / Grade 5 Titanium w/ Brushed Finish
CASE DIAMETER: 42MM
CASE LENGTH: 50MM
CASE THICKNESS: 14MM
LUG WIDTH: 22MM
CRYSTAL: Custom Domed Sapphire w/ Inner Anti-Reflective Coating
LUMINESCENCE: BGW9
WATER RESISTANCE: 20ATM/200M/660FT
MOVEMENT: Seiko (SII) Caliber NH35A 24 Jewel Automatic [21,600 bph] [41 Hour Power Reserve] [Movement Regulated by Greiner Timing Machine]
OTHER FEATURES: Anti-Magnetic, T7 Torx Lug Bars (2 Tools Included), Water & Air-tight travel case with custom EVA Foam Insert, and 3 NATO Straps.
WARRANTY: Transferable Limited Lifetime Warranty on all parts manufactured by Venator Watch Company LLC. Movement comes with 2-year factory warranty, and then transferred and warranted by VWC.
SERVICE: We offer In-House Service on all repairs and or modifications. All WARRANTY service covers ‘From, and to your door shipping and handling’.

11223794_1630419670551784_9052905395118985428_n.jpg
12424683_942454825831473_842166941_n.jpg
12363096_1655574528036298_4957345576206876145_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » June 1st 2016, 7:32am

Do you no Stan Beatstash?
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 1st 2016, 8:56am

foghorn wrote:Do you no Stan Beatstash?

Do I not understand what?
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » June 1st 2016, 9:41am

It looks a lot better than that shitty GMT-Master.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 1st 2016, 10:08am

Promo Code: 'praisethewatchlords' gets you 15% off at Nato Strap Co, Panatime & The Watch Prince. Now active...
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » June 1st 2016, 11:59am

jayfuckingtaras wrote:

Promo Code: 'praisethewatchlords' gets you 15% off at Nato Strap Co, Panatime & The Watch Prince. Now active...

WTF? :roll:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby foghorn » June 1st 2016, 12:26pm

What's your affiliation w/Panatime?
dems good peeps.
GET OFF MY LAWN

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 1st 2016, 12:55pm

foghorn wrote:What's your affiliation w/Panatime?
dems good peeps.

Rob the owner bought NATO Strap Co from me a while back. But we're good friends still, and I work with him not only with NSC, but Panatime and Watch Prince.

The watch company I'm getting ready to fund is just me, but Rob has helped me get it off the ground....
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » June 1st 2016, 1:18pm

Cool,thanks.
Just used the code on a clearance strap. Square deal!!
GET OFF MY LAWN

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby NorthCountry » June 1st 2016, 3:00pm

I'd usually be wary of strangers bearing gifts, but you sound like a right fine fella! Thanks and welcome to the cesspool.
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » June 1st 2016, 3:43pm

jayfuckingtaras wrote:
dems good peeps.

Rob the owner bought NATO Strap Co from me a while back. But we're good friends still, and I work with him not only with NSC, but Panatime and Watch Prince.

The watch company I'm getting ready to fund is just me, but Rob has helped me get it off the ground....

Stan the old co-owner of Panatime has a company JS LLC. Do you know who the J is? I am guessing the S is Stan.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Hawk » June 1st 2016, 3:54pm

I don't generally interject myself into these "welcome" threads but I will hazard a guess that anyone taking a booth at the SHOT Show to exhibit a watch is probably not doing so to display anything fragile.

This is of course no guarantee but it for sure doesn't hurt. I may even poke about for something to use the discount code on.

...and that's the best screen name since Baby Jesus and oddly compatible with the crowd in which it finds itself.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 1st 2016, 5:13pm

koimaster wrote:
jayfuckingtaras wrote:
dems good peeps.

Stan the old co-owner of Panatime has a company JS LLC. Do you know who the J is? I am guessing the S is Stan.

This I don't know, but I'll ask Rob. But, you know he went on to start Deep Blue right?
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Racer-X » June 1st 2016, 5:14pm

Thanks for the discount code Jay and appreciate the Patrick Bateman quote. Gotta ask though, what's with those lugs? Some serious overhang goin' on.

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 1st 2016, 5:22pm

Hawk wrote:I don't generally interject myself into these "welcome" threads but I will hazard a guess that anyone taking a booth at the SHOT Show to exhibit a watch is probably not doing so to display anything fragile.

This is of course no guarantee but it for sure doesn't hurt. I may even poke about for something to use the discount code on.

...and that's the best screen name since Baby Jesus and oddly compatible with the crowd in which it finds itself.

Yea... SHOT show was fun. Even got a feature in Recoil Magazine. I'm big in to Mil and LE, so I fit well there. After all, that's who I designed the watch for and had test the fuck out of them. Also, why I am confident to offer the Lifetime Warranty. One thing I don't like is shitty product. I want something I can rely on. Yea, I may get people scoffing at the movement and the look which is fine. I don't give a shit. I did everything for a functional reason with this one. Not to look good under a fucking suit shirt... I chose the movement for reliability and accuracy and I designed the thing to be easily read, grabbed, and beaten daily.

I'm funding it on KS for a few reasons. One, to gain different exposure, two, to know what to place for the production order with the multiple case and dial options, and three, it will help me judge how much I need to order for stock purposes for the people who don't back the project.
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » June 1st 2016, 6:30pm

We all know about good old Stan Beatstash. All the way to his caving to the allure of TV hucksterism.
Alas ,poor Stan. We knew him well.
GET OFF MY LAWN

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » June 1st 2016, 6:32pm

Wasp wrote:Home bro...what be the movement? The caliber is conspicuously missing. As a public service I advise you to keep your reply sans bodily functions or you will endear a member to get all friendly and shit.

Damnit, Wasp. Don't go warning people off the ever enticing and, most certainly, thrilling discussions regarding the finer points of elimination!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby jayfuckingtaras » June 1st 2016, 7:10pm

Racer-X wrote:Thanks for the discount code Jay and appreciate the Patrick Bateman quote. Gotta ask though, what's with those lugs? Some serious overhang goin' on.

No problemo...

Lugs are the way the are for two reasons. I like them like that. I like the rough around the edges look... :lol: But the main reason is that I wanted to make sure they were designed with a head people don't have to worry about snapping off, and at the same time having enough thread to keep that bitch secure, without making the lugs wider than I wanted. Too many people don't understand the fundamentals of torque, so I had to take that in to consideration for all the dickheads out there that think you have to tighten everything as hard as you can turn the fucking wrench. And torx drivers make it a bit easier to do that as well. I could have went with hex or flathead fitting, but I like torx. Its the way to go. I also worked aerospace and defense a long time and that's what we like to use as well.

Patrick Bateman is my hero. Also my nickname...
jayfuckingtaras
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » June 1st 2016, 8:54pm

I actually like the concept; but, that lug to lug is just too damned long to pull off with anything less than a 9" wrist. Maybe if they were angled more aggressively, doubt it though.

Of course my opinion doesn't mean shit.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome! Introduce Yourself