Time waits for no man

Time waits for no man

Postby koimaster » October 26th 2016, 9:19am

Daylight savings time starts Nov. 6, a time when everyone with a time piece that needs adjusted will be turning back the hands. In the Tom and Linda Borkowski household, it would be a daunting task if all of their clocks had to have time moved backward. The couple is from the Smithfield-Dillonvale area but reside near Cleveland now.

It is in this Cleveland area that he encountered old clocks in need of a complete overhaul and/or refurbishing. And he has done both to clocks for himself, friends and those who need someone to look at and understand the workings of a clock and what to do to restore them.

Tom is a horologist, one who practices the making of clocks or watches, an expert maker of time pieces. There are numerous clocks in their home but some, although in working condition, are not doing so. They have a historical display of his work, from Germany, Norway, France and the United States, and a collection of old and repaired time pieces that some thought were too far gone to matter.

http://www.weirtondailytimes.com/news/l ... an-fix-it/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Time waits for no man

Postby eddiea » October 26th 2016, 5:42pm

I simply stop my two cooks and my grandfather clocks for an hour......
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to Clocks & Pocket Watches