Hands-on with the NTH Antilles and Azores

Micro-Brands discussed here

Hands-on with the NTH Antilles and Azores

Postby Racer-X » February 19th 2017, 2:27pm

Last edited by Racer-X on March 3rd 2017, 11:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4012
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Hands-on with the NTH Antilles and Azores

Postby TemerityB » February 19th 2017, 4:27pm

Looks like those STP movements are getting even more play than the Sellita stuff with off-brands.

Oh, and when I get ahold of that 8mm film of Lew rimming Huey, I'll digitize it and post it to YouTube, where it will be shown at some of the southeast's most secretive yet exclusive glee club fan clubs.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 13060
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: Hands-on with the NTH Antilles and Azores

Postby conjurer » February 19th 2017, 9:00pm

TemerityB wrote:Looks like those STP movements are getting even more play than the Sellita stuff with off-brands.

Oh, and when I get ahold of that 8mm film of Lew rimming Huey, I'll digitize it and post it to YouTube, where it will be shown at some of the southeast's most secretive yet exclusive glee club fan clubs.


T, you better be careful. Lew and Huey might find you and fuck you up pretty good. They'll rip down your pants and fill your butthole with man-mole!!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 24490
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Hands-on with the NTH Antilles and Azores

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » February 20th 2017, 5:04am

STP1-11? I'm out. Chinese Sea-Gull in disguise.

Which is a pity, because the Azores is one cool watch.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 889
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: Hands-on with the NTH Antilles and Azores

Postby svaglic » February 20th 2017, 10:10am

Actually, it's a nice looking watch. I don't like the hatch marks on the 10 crown nor the stamped diver on the back, it's crossing a line IMO. Someone is going to think it is a real compressor and buy it because of that.
It's hard for me to take ole Doc seriously after his threat to Conj about he would be missing teeth.
WUS fan boys put him on a pedestal and he is very comfortable there. His fan club is Geek spooky.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: Hands-on with the NTH Antilles and Azores

Postby foghorn » February 20th 2017, 10:50am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:STP1-11? I'm out. Chinese Sea-Gull in disguise.

Which is a pity, because the Azores is one cool watch.



I have a Zodiac Sea Dragon with the STP movement and it runs just fine. Display back shows a nicely decorated movement. It could have fleas on a treadmill and so long as it keeps the time I'm happy. Though I suppose it would be fun to watch the fleas.



Image
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15269
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Hands-on with the NTH Antilles and Azores

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » February 20th 2017, 11:14am

foghorn wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:STP1-11? I'm out. Chinese Sea-Gull in disguise.

Which is a pity, because the Azores is one cool watch.



I have a Zodiac Sea Dragon with the STP movement and it runs just fine. Display back shows a nicely decorated movement. It could have fleas on a treadmill and so long as it keeps the time I'm happy. Though I suppose it would be fun to watch the fleas.



Image

It's not a bad movement. With a power reserve superior to the 2824, it's an interesting one. Only this is where STP lost me:
http://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=STP1-11
They're really close to the legal boundary of what constitutes a Swiss made movement, and needless to say, I don't particularly like that.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 889
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: Hands-on with the NTH Antilles and Azores

Postby Thunder1 » February 20th 2017, 11:34am

If someone wants a KonTiki, they should just buy a KonTiki...
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin


Return to Micro-Brands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest