Bulova Accu-goddamnthat'scheap!

Ebay Auctions and any sales off-site go here. See something for sale that might interest members, it goes here too.

Bulova Accu-goddamnthat'scheap!

Postby AJC » November 23rd 2017, 11:14am

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302084248996

Under 300?

I mean, I have my eye on one watch in particular so this is a no go for me. But someone will want this...

(Seller has 41,000+ sales with a 99.7% rating)
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Re: Bulova Accu-goddamnthat'scheap!

Postby foghorn » November 23rd 2017, 11:56am

That is cheap. I have seen elsewhere that in this line Bulova uses some weird ass screws for the caseback that only they have the tool for.
Last edited by foghorn on November 24th 2017, 5:23am, edited 1 time in total.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Racer-X » November 23rd 2017, 12:16pm

Wow, 165 sold.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » November 23rd 2017, 6:32pm

I saw that yesterday, I liked it and thought the bracelet was nice and it's a good size. I just don't need it, it doesn't fit in with what I'm looking for. I will probably kick myself later.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » November 23rd 2017, 8:41pm

EDIT: 5 per customer limit, not sure how many are left. Great deal but like svaglic, just don't need it.
Last edited by Racer-X on November 23rd 2017, 11:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Thunder1 » November 23rd 2017, 8:48pm

Great everyday auto chrono at that price...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby gerdson » November 23rd 2017, 10:07pm

Selitta SW500
Not a bad deal. But what does it tell us about the watch market when someone can sell a bigger batch at that price...
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » November 23rd 2017, 11:42pm

gerdson wrote:Selitta SW500
Not a bad deal. But what does it tell us about the watch market when someone can sell a bigger batch at that price...

These watches are likely NOS, 7 or more years old, or purchased from a broke distributor, or whatnot. Apparently in addition to being an authorized Bulova dealer, the lister is also an authorized Bulova liquidator. That's not to say that it's not a nice watch at a great price; have my fill of chronos.
Last edited by 3Flushes on November 24th 2017, 12:02am, edited 1 time in total.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » November 23rd 2017, 11:58pm

This brings back some memories. About six or seven years ago, Bulova 7750s (I forget the model name, some of the old-timers here would remember) were selling gray for three bills. They came with really nice eleven-link bracelets. Everybody was buying them, and trying to sell 'em for a profit,

At one point a lot of the mid-tier makers were doing this (or liquidators were.) I got a Victorinox 33mm watch with an ETA 2892 movement for Mrs. C (which she still wears sometimes) for a couple of bills--the movement alone is selling today on Ofrei for over three hundred bucks.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » November 24th 2017, 12:23am

conjurer wrote:This brings back some memories. About six or seven years ago, Bulova 7750s (I forget the model name, some of the old-timers here would remember) were selling gray for three bills. They came with really nice eleven-link bracelets. Everybody was buying them, and trying to sell 'em for a profit,

At one point a lot of the mid-tier makers were doing this (or liquidators were.) I got a Victorinox 33mm watch with an ETA 2892 movement for Mrs. C (which she still wears sometimes) for a couple of bills--the movement alone is selling today on Ofrei for over three hundred bucks.

I think those were the VX-200''s. They had fantastic bracelets, super comfy wrist huggers and lots of nice variations. I had a good looking Pepsi bezel'd, black dialed version as I recall, which I gifted to what turned out to be a drunken, drug addled, schtick drek cousin who probably wound up trading it for a bottle of MD 20-20 and 25 mics of acid.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » November 24th 2017, 5:26am

2014 manufacture according to code on caseback.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby gerdson » November 24th 2017, 6:08am

Cool - thanks. I was not aware it is an older model. Good deal nonetheless.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » November 24th 2017, 7:31am

3Flushes wrote:
conjurer wrote:This brings back some memories. About six or seven years ago, Bulova 7750s (I forget the model name, some of the old-timers here would remember) were selling gray for three bills. They came with really nice eleven-link bracelets. Everybody was buying them, and trying to sell 'em for a profit,

I think those were the VX-200''s. They had fantastic bracelets, super comfy wrist huggers and lots of nice variations. I had a good looking Pepsi bezel'd, black dialed version as I recall, which I gifted to what turned out to be a drunken, drug addled, schtick drek cousin who probably wound up trading it for a bottle of MD 20-20 and 25 mics of acid.

I picked up one of these for my son(black bezel) for a B-day gift a couple of years ago...so impressed w/ it for the price, I bought another for myself..still have it, btw...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Return to eBay & Off-Site Sales