I Want To Be Made Whole--SO Tourbillon!!

Ebay Auctions and any sales off-site go here. See something for sale that might interest members, it goes here too.

I Want To Be Made Whole--SO Tourbillon!!

Postby conjurer » October 25th 2017, 5:00pm

Yup, in what might be a record for one day's work at IWTBMW, here's yet another tourby, this one from Sturhling Unoriginal:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-stu ... 59831.html

This FS post has everything, from geekspeak--

These tourbillion watches sound really cool and is mesmerizing just to watch the tourbillion rotate.

--To plenty of horrific pictures that look like they were drawn out of the credits montage of The Walking Dead.

Yup. The jokes just write themselves.
My horse, Dobby, was my big present

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: I Want To Be Made Whole--SO Tourbillon!!

Postby svaglic » October 25th 2017, 6:35pm

Sounds really cool and is mesmerizing to watch it rotate.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » October 25th 2017, 9:10pm

New Tourbillions are selling for about $900-$1300 right now so a pretty significant savings at my asking price.

Where, at Dollar General?

Just think of it - not all that long ago on a fleabag TV home shopping network down in the 600s on your cable dial, a frizzy-haired huckster was claiming he was "in it to win it" and insisting that "if you listen to the right voices, you make the right choices." Sweating like a can of Coke Zero left on a window sill, the bespectacled, K-mart suited shill brazenly told his rapt audience of froggish men in their mother's basements that, sure, they could pay 50,000, 100,000, or up to a million dollars for a tourbillon - but why would you when you could have this GEN-U-WHINE tour-bee-awn for just $695, or even more attractive, make your payments over six months! It's the same thing, he said. The same thing. The same thing as a Swiss tourbillon. None of these men, obviously including the seller, would know what a tourbillon is - cripes, they had to write to the network after they bought their SOs, and via snail mail, to boot, to ask how often they had to change the battery - but they knew it was special. Hey, a couple of less Moons Over My Hammys every week, and, they too, would have the same watch that millionaires wear. The same watch!

Our humble seller is obviously God-like in his generosity.
A real hero never claims to be a hero.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » October 25th 2017, 10:25pm

Interestingly (or perhaps not), I've actually evolved these IWTBMW threads over the years. When I started, I would search Watchrecon for TeeVee wartchs that might be up for sale, then link them with some smartass comments, just for the high jinks. Usually, it would be some jagoff trying to sell his TeeVee wartche for a price approaching the stated MSRP, which is like a crack whore asking five thousand dollars for a blowjob, because she had the same number of teeth (give or take) as Carrie Underwood, or Sebastian Cabot, depending on the way you swing.

I realized that I was leaving a lot of fair trade jokes on the table, from guys who were trying to selling an non-TeeVee wartche for far too much, to guys who had got some bullshit swag at their ADs and trying to mitigate their assfucking from Breitling.

Lately, I'm still using Watchrecon, but instead of parsing the search by brand, I just find the first five or six retarded sales posts in the first five or six pages of listings. Somewhat surprisingly, I've been able to find some good gags.
My horse, Dobby, was my big present

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » October 26th 2017, 8:21am

Keep 'em coming, conj. Always good for more than a hearty laugh.
A real hero never claims to be a hero.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby WatchDorks.Net » October 26th 2017, 8:28am

Not to inject a dose of reality or anything, but silly claims about pricing aside, his $360 asking price isn't THAT unreasonable for what the watch is. I've seen far more egregious asking prices compared to reality at WUS, and not solely for Teevee brands... just sayin'.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Return to eBay & Off-Site Sales