I Want To Be Made Whole--Sea-Gull!!

Ebay Auctions and any sales off-site go here. See something for sale that might interest members, it goes here too.

I Want To Be Made Whole--Sea-Gull!!

Postby conjurer » October 25th 2017, 4:40pm

Because nothing says understated elegance like a tourbillon on a motherfucking NATO strap:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/sea-gu ... 60729.html
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: I Want To Be Made Whole--Sea-Gull!!

Postby TemerityB » October 25th 2017, 8:46pm

It has been a trying day here the Temerity homestead -but thank you, conj, as I get to read a nice Wednesday night string of IWTBMWs before turning in.

The watch is kinda cool. No excuse for those straps, tho. It's like Kate Upton wearing those Kate & Mallory homeless people clothes they hawk on Bovine.
Bet those Swiss Legend owners are so happy their "Sapphitek" crystals have a 10-year warranty. Oh, wait...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » October 25th 2017, 10:08pm

You're welcome, T. I had a day off today, and a little bit of time to kill.

The Sea-Gull tourbillon is, actually, kinda cool. A-T could tell us more if the seller is a douchebag or not for what he's asking. To me, a tourbillon is something that should be worn on an alligator strap, or at least a well made faux alligator; while I hate NATOs as much as I hate monkeys--and I really, really hate fucking monkeys--the idea of putting a tourby on a NATO is so--I don't know, demimonde. It's like wearing a fine suit with an eighty-five inch Croton belt.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AlbertaTime » October 26th 2017, 5:28pm

I don't think $900 is way outta line for a branded Sea-Gull tourbillon. They're sold with a 10 year warranty (have to send it to Sea-Gull IIRC, but still...) and it's a legit tourbillon, not "open-heart". Plus, the dial is decent. I think the perlon is a bad idea, but a good quality leather NATO mighta worked better. I kinda like the idea of a tourbillon field watch :-) It's about $100-300 less than I'd expect to pay used from a more reputable seller in China.

Long way from the worst deal.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby artman » October 26th 2017, 5:35pm

That blue strap is awful. It would have been a much better photo with the black leather and butterfly clasp.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Return to eBay & Off-Site Sales