My Wife, The Watch Collector

For discussions and topics specifically related to watches for the ladies!

My Wife, The Watch Collector

Postby Darksider » December 22nd 2015, 10:24am

When Elizabeth asked me to suggest a topic for Quill & Pad’s themed “Ladies’ Week” in my role as resident collector, my thoughts turned immediately to that other collector in my life: my charming wife.

The choice of subject was so obvious that my toughest task was figuring out how to refer to her! In my summary of this year’s SIHH week (see Collectors Speak: Picks And Pans Of SIHH Week 2015), I called her “The Wild Card” in reference to her role as a newcomer to the group, but that didn’t seem appropriate in this week’s context.

MrsGaryG? Could work. But in reality she’s a Dr., not a Mrs., and her last name starts with a different letter than mine. DrMrsGaryGC? Nah.

In the interests of actually getting on with this article, let’s go with MrsG, shall we?

What she collects

MrsG is perhaps most enthusiastic about her collection of Southwestern Native American arts and jewelry, which spans items from paintings to rings to clay vessels.

But, last I saw, this was a watch-oriented publication, so let’s get started with two pieces from French creator Alain Silberstein.

http://quillandpad.com/2015/07/14/my-wi ... collector/
Darksider
Founder

Re: My Wife, The Watch Collector

Postby conjurer » December 22nd 2015, 10:28am

Alain Silberstein watches make me want to vomit my guts out.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Ladies Watches