Graff’s Secret Carved Emerald Watch

For discussions and topics specifically related to watches for the ladies!

Graff’s Secret Carved Emerald Watch

Postby koimaster » July 1st 2014, 9:22am

Emeralds have charmed their way into the history of civilizations for thousands of years. From Queen Cleopatra, who was infatuated with the gemstone, all the way to the Incas, who venerated their goddess Umina through a gigantic emerald, many cultures have seen some sort of power in the vivid green jewel. For over 6,000 years, these glistening stones have been worshiped for their religious, healing and supernatural powers, as well as loved for their beauty and desired for their rarity.

Rare gems have been at the heart of Graff ever since its foundation in 1960, when the brand began sourcing stones to create its own jewelry. Using some of the world’s most fabulous gemstones, Graff has worked tirelessly to turn these jewels into unique necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings.

With Graff’s launch of its first timepiece in 2009, the brand has made it its mission to combine its jewelry expertise with the art of watchmaking. Each Graff wristwatch is inspired by different facets of a gemstone—from the men’s pieces with bezels faceted as a diamond to the women’s watches with cases, dials and bracelets delicately paved with the shiniest stones. Paying tribute to its love for jewels, Graff has unveiled a one-of-a-kind feminine collection that combines carved emeralds with the magic of secret watches.

http://revo-online.com/behind-the-emera ... tch-ready/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Graff’s Secret Carved Emerald Watch

Postby jason_recliner » July 1st 2014, 11:08am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFuKHXa7w[/youtube]
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby Hawk » July 1st 2014, 1:31pm

During my admittedly short-lived dilettante gem phase I was taught that emeralds were not at all tough due to the inclusions. As such they made excellent choices for pendants, necklaces and the like. Concurrently they sucked when mounted in rings as they were likely to suffer impact and break.

I'm guessing a watch bracelet is one of the few uses more questionable than a ring for a pantload of those fussy breakable little gems.

Or maybe it's just intended as a display piece?
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » July 1st 2014, 1:38pm

Hawk wrote:During my admittedly short-lived dilettante gem phase I was taught that emeralds were not at all tough due to the inclusions. As such they made excellent choices for pendants, necklaces and the like. Concurrently they sucked when mounted in rings as they were likely to suffer impact and break.

I'm guessing a watch bracelet is one of the few uses more questionable than a ring for a pantload of those fussy breakable little gems.

Or maybe it's just intended as a display piece?

If I gave that watch to a broad the only impact she'd be suffering had better be my balls against her chin.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Ladies Watches