Recaptured one of my favorite all time discontinued Seikos

Recaptured one of my favorite all time discontinued Seikos

Postby SaoGage » January 27th 2018, 8:38am

I have a few watches I need to update you guys on that I’ve picked up over the last several months!

Without further ado:

I saw an opportunity to pick up a rarely seen J model Spork, the SRP043J1. I last owned the Spork about four years ago and loved it dearly but inexplicably sold it when I went through a period of downsizing my collection. In hindsight, it was one of my worst flip decisions because I absolutely adore this watch and they’ve done nothing but get rarer and increase in average price.

I wasn’t specifically looking for the J model, but happened across it on eBay last month and noticed that the seller hadn’t labeled it either as the Spork or SRP043J1. It was a stealth listing of sorts and I don’t think too many people happened across it, I only stumbled upon it by accident searching something unrelated. So long story short, considering the nearly mint condition and the rarity of the J model, I got a pretty damn good deal.

I don’t know what it is about this model that appeals to me so greatly. It’s obviously derivative of Sinn, but I feel it has a certain unique look and build about it compared to every other Seiko. It’s a large, chunky watch that wears very well despite its size, and has a very solid bracelet. One particular detail is that the chapter ring is sloped at a 45* angle which helps reduce the diameter of the central portion of the dial. A small detail, but something that I think makes the look of the watch even more appealing.

This is truly one of my favorite watches. Always fun to wear and look at, this time I won’t be making the same mistake twice and the Spork will have a permanent seat in my watch safe.
SaoGage
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Recaptured one of my favorite all time discontinued Seik

Postby Racer-X » January 27th 2018, 9:00am

In before foggy says he gave his away (to AJC I believe). Nice grab, always fun to find those ones you wanted back, and a goofed up ebay listing to boot. Very cool.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » January 27th 2018, 9:22am

I practically gave mine awa.........^^^^^^^^^^^^
..................................................Oh - fuck!
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » January 27th 2018, 9:24am

Hate flip regret. Love that you were able to catch such a good rap. Looks great.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby SaoGage » January 27th 2018, 9:38am

foghorn wrote:I practically gave mine awa.........^^^^^^^^^^^^
..................................................Oh - fuck!

This is why Lords kick ass, though.
SaoGage
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Your New Watch