It's a Mod Mod Mod Mod World

It's a Mod Mod Mod Mod World

Postby nimbleboy » September 28th 2017, 5:52pm

Once, many years ago, I got home after having a few and flipped on my teevee. Short story shorter, I now own the full Pee-wee's Playhouse series on VHS.

Much more recently, I came home after a couple and looked at watch stuff on my eyemac. Short story about to get a bit longer.

I saw this watch when it first came out, but I didn't have the cash at the time and it sold out quickly, if I remember correctly. Then I forgot about it until the other evening.

Even with a little whiskey in my blood, I knew that I was paying for some guy named Todd Snyder's name on this watch. And that 138 is more than plenty of dollars for a Timex. But I was not to be deterred. I'm not going to start being responsible with my money just yet.

I got it in the mail today and I think it's pretty damned cool. It's called The Mod Watch, which has plenty of appeal for me as a fan of the mod and neo-mod bands- and the style that accompanies them.

It features what I'm sure is the finest in Filipino movements. It came with a NATO strap, which unlike some of you, I don't find totally ghey. But, perhaps inspired by a recent thread here (or somewhere) about grab and go watches, or perhaps inspired by pairing the two brands of watch-stuff commercials I remember from my youth, I bought a Twist-O-Flex for it. So I learned how to disassemble and reassemble that band to make it fit. I may not be completely sold on it yet, but after that hassle, I'm not about to take it off now. (Also, I suspect I may have taken one or two too many links out, but that's a problem for another evening.)

I'm already starting to wonder about it, though. The second hand lands on the second markers some of the time. I'm a little bit picky about stuff like that, so we'll see how that goes...

Anyway, here are some pics.

Is it safe?
nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS

Re: It's a Mod Mod Mod Mod World

Postby conjurer » September 28th 2017, 6:17pm

Ain't nothin' wrong with that one! Sharp colourways, and, it's on a Twist-o-Flex!!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » September 29th 2017, 4:21am

Timex/Snyder have some great collaborations.
Looks great on the Speidel. Just like old times.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby relaxer7 » September 29th 2017, 7:00am

Looks the dogs danglies! Well done sir.
relaxer7
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » September 29th 2017, 7:07am

The whiskey induced purchase was good to you. Cool watch.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AntFarm » September 29th 2017, 2:45pm

I like it. Nice grab
AntFarm
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mortuus » September 29th 2017, 3:17pm

I love that watch! As Conjummer points out, the colors are awesome together, be they on the tweeeest-O-flex (Peter Lorre once did a Twist-O-Flex commercial on TV, and that's exactly what it sounded like!) or a NATO (or a Zulu, for that matter; don't listen to the ghey-bashing faygola's). As long as Timex's guy doesn't develop Jason Taylor's knack for mixing totally dissonant colors and goofy effects, it looks like he's going to be worth the price of admission if he keeps up this kind of designing. I like it...

As to the exact landing of the seconds hand @TDC per click, it's a TIMEX; why sweat it? It looks terrific! Enjoy the fugg outta it, because that's what it's for! Thanks for the cool post... ;)
"(G)low-in-the-dark mushroom-headed yogurt slingers, by golly!" - AJC
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Your New Watch