Longines Legend Diver

Re: Longines Legend Diver

Postby relaxer7 » August 25th 2017, 6:32am

Wow! Thanks for all the positive vibes gents.

I must admit I'm surprised at how much I like the thing - it's been strapped on for a couple of weeks now and that's unheard of for me. Maybe I'm cured? Ha!

I've looked at the LLD many a time but have always thought nah... let's move on. I used to think it was too light, too delicate looking and really wasn't fussed on the thin pressed hand set.

Anyway, as my hols were coming up and I had some spare cash burning a hole in the ol sky rocket (pocket) I started looking for something that I could swim and snorkel with, something that would suit different straps so I could wear it to dinner of an evening and something that would keep the sand out on the beach.

This badboy popped up over on a UK forum and at less than £750 I thought sod it, it ticks all the boxes and I just can't lose money at that price. Let's get it bought.

Once I changed the strap from the original sailcloth I was in love, the relative lightness is perfect for a Perlon strap and the thin pressed hands work so well to compliment the vintage throwback style it was an instant keeper. The leather nato just dresses it down nicely and a brown croc deployant works great to dress it up with. Oh and as for being delicate - nope - that domed crystal is a tough bit of glass. Top marks from me and the definitive Longines in my modest opinion.
relaxer7
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Longines Legend Diver

Postby koimaster » August 25th 2017, 9:49am

I am glad you are pleased with it. It is one of the few divers out there that just fills in so many gaps missing on others. The price for that watch was a very good one. I am envious.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Previous

Return to Your New Watch