My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby abduksion » August 9th 2017, 1:35pm

I know I've said it before I was never a Deep Blue fan but after receiving it I may need to
change my mind. I had no idea it was a Limited Edition got 112/2000 just curious are all DB's
limited editions? Maybe its because mine is the second generation and as a wave pattern on the dial?

Image
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7143
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby PiningforElgin » August 9th 2017, 1:56pm

I kind of like it. The only negative for me personally is the minute hand is little bit too large
User avatar
PiningforElgin
Member
 
Posts: 202
Joined: July 2nd 2017, 11:41am

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby abduksion » August 9th 2017, 4:08pm

I always thought DB only made one 3000m diver? Turns out they made two
different models was never aware till now.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7143
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby artman » August 9th 2017, 6:54pm

I dig the wave pattern on the dial!
User avatar
artman
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1386
Joined: February 8th 2015, 5:42pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby jaw » August 9th 2017, 7:00pm

I've always liked my DM3K but it's too big for me now. Also entertained the notion of downsizing it but never did and probably won't. PM if interested :lol:
User avatar
jaw
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: July 22nd 2010, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby abduksion » August 9th 2017, 7:21pm

jaw wrote:I've always liked my DM3K but it's too big for me now. Also entertained the notion of downsizing it but never did and probably won't. PM if interested :lol:


Mine is 45mm got it off Ebay for under $500. I believe the one you have is 50mm?
45MM for me is a good size for a diver.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7143
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby jaw » August 9th 2017, 7:23pm

abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:I've always liked my DM3K but it's too big for me now. Also entertained the notion of downsizing it but never did and probably won't. PM if interested :lol:


Mine is 45mm got it off Ebay for under $500. I believe the one you have is 50mm?
45MM for me is a good size for a diver.


Yep 50+
User avatar
jaw
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: July 22nd 2010, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby abduksion » August 9th 2017, 8:43pm

jaw wrote:
abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:I've always liked my DM3K but it's too big for me now. Also entertained the notion of downsizing it but never did and probably won't. PM if interested :lol:


Mine is 45mm got it off Ebay for under $500. I believe the one you have is 50mm?
45MM for me is a good size for a diver.


Yep 50+


If I may ask was it like a 50mm Nixon or more like a 50mm Breitling?
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7143
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby jaw » August 9th 2017, 9:09pm

abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:
abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:I've always liked my DM3K but it's too big for me now. Also entertained the notion of downsizing it but never did and probably won't. PM if interested :lol:


Mine is 45mm got it off Ebay for under $500. I believe the one you have is 50mm?
45MM for me is a good size for a diver.


Yep 50+


If I may ask was it like a 50mm Nixon or more like a 50mm Breitling?


It's 52mm without crown.
Wears like a 60mm Invicta.
I don't know of a 50mm Breitling.
User avatar
jaw
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: July 22nd 2010, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby abduksion » August 9th 2017, 9:41pm

jaw wrote:
abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:
abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:I've always liked my DM3K but it's too big for me now. Also entertained the notion of downsizing it but never did and probably won't. PM if interested :lol:


Mine is 45mm got it off Ebay for under $500. I believe the one you have is 50mm?
45MM for me is a good size for a diver.


Yep 50+


If I may ask was it like a 50mm Nixon or more like a 50mm Breitling?


It's 52mm without crown.
Wears like a 60mm Invicta.
I don't know of a 50mm Breitling.


I own a RD but even I think 60mm is pushing it. I thought there were alot of 50mm Breitling's?
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7143
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby jaw » August 9th 2017, 9:47pm

abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:
abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:
abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:I've always liked my DM3K but it's too big for me now. Also entertained the notion of downsizing it but never did and probably won't. PM if interested :lol:


Mine is 45mm got it off Ebay for under $500. I believe the one you have is 50mm?
45MM for me is a good size for a diver.


Yep 50+


If I may ask was it like a 50mm Nixon or more like a 50mm Breitling?


It's 52mm without crown.
Wears like a 60mm Invicta.
I don't know of a 50mm Breitling.


I own a RD but even I think 60mm is pushing it. I thought there were alot of 50mm Breitling's?


48mm is tops AFAIK.
User avatar
jaw
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: July 22nd 2010, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby abduksion » August 10th 2017, 8:30am

jaw wrote:
abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:
abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:
abduksion wrote:
jaw wrote:I've always liked my DM3K but it's too big for me now. Also entertained the notion of downsizing it but never did and probably won't. PM if interested :lol:


Mine is 45mm got it off Ebay for under $500. I believe the one you have is 50mm?
45MM for me is a good size for a diver.


Yep 50+


If I may ask was it like a 50mm Nixon or more like a 50mm Breitling?


It's 52mm without crown.
Wears like a 60mm Invicta.
I don't know of a 50mm Breitling.


I own a RD but even I think 60mm is pushing it. I thought there were alot of 50mm Breitling's?


48mm is tops AFAIK.


Maybe your right but I could of sworn there were a few 50mm Breitling's?
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
Image
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7143
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby foghorn » August 10th 2017, 8:53am

Some of the Emergency line are 50-ish mm
Image

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 14606
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby conjurer » August 10th 2017, 9:46am

Lube the goat!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 23526
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: My first Deep Blue Depth Star 3000m

Postby jaw » August 10th 2017, 10:14am

foghorn wrote:Some of the Emergency line are 50-ish mm

Ah...51mm for the new EmergencyII and Night Mission models. :3
User avatar
jaw
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: July 22nd 2010, 10:00pm


Return to Your New Watch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jb182 and 8 guests