Just in. Flame suit on. Green is my new blue.

Re: Just in. Flame suit on. Green is my new blue.

Postby Mortuus » July 8th 2017, 1:00am

PiningforElgin wrote:Thank you for the detailed explanation, Mort.

So it looks like, DB is more like a one-man operation, where this dude would actually write nasty letters to small-time customers? Interesting to me since I've never seen a watch company working that way. (except for a German company where one woman assembles all their watches - the name escapes me, and she does not have the bad reputation DB may have).

Speaking about the 7750, after a friendly chat with a few employees in my local Tissot AD, i learned about ETA's C01 movement which is to be a more affordable chrono than 7750 and they are put into the slightly cheaper Tissot automatic chronos. Not sure if Swatch sells that movement to third parties. If so, it's well within plausible scenario it could end up in an Invicter in the future

You're welcome, Piney...

That's very interesting info about the C01, and it will indeed be even moreso should they end up going into Invicter wartches. I have a very nice Swatch automatic chronograph, as sold to me by our very own Foggy, and it contains a less expensive caliber movement than the 7750. It's a fun watch to wear, and I always get a kick out of telling people about it when they ask what an old fogy like me is doing with a Swatch on his wrist. And I often wonder if that's why Foggy the fogy sold it to me.
8-)
"The trouble with internet quotes is that they're very difficult to prove as having actually been said by that person." - Abraham Lincoln
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby artman » July 8th 2017, 4:51am

I like that greenie a lot. Heckuva bargain too. Winner!
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby PiningforElgin » July 8th 2017, 7:40am

Mortuus wrote:
PiningforElgin wrote:Thank you for the detailed explanation, Mort.

So it looks like, DB is more like a one-man operation, where this dude would actually write nasty letters to small-time customers? Interesting to me since I've never seen a watch company working that way. (except for a German company where one woman assembles all their watches - the name escapes me, and she does not have the bad reputation DB may have).

Speaking about the 7750, after a friendly chat with a few employees in my local Tissot AD, i learned about ETA's C01 movement which is to be a more affordable chrono than 7750 and they are put into the slightly cheaper Tissot automatic chronos. Not sure if Swatch sells that movement to third parties. If so, it's well within plausible scenario it could end up in an Invicter in the future

You're welcome, Piney...

That's very interesting info about the C01, and it will indeed be even moreso should they end up going into Invicter wartches. I have a very nice Swatch automatic chronograph, as sold to me by our very own Foggy, and it contains a less expensive caliber movement than the 7750. It's a fun watch to wear, and I always get a kick out of telling people about it when they ask what an old fogy like me is doing with a Swatch on his wrist. And I often wonder if that's why Foggy the fogy sold it to me.
8-)

That's the one, Swatch auto chrono uses the same movement C01 they are putting in non-7750 Tissots. Just found that it was old news (they came up in like 2009 but I was oblivious about it until the conversation at the store). For all those years it looks like there hasn't been really non Swatch brands using it
PiningforElgin

Postby Casimm » July 8th 2017, 9:32am

I like it, the color too.
Casimm
Watchlord WIS

Previous

Return to Your New Watch