Dan Henry Trifecta

Dan Henry Trifecta

Postby foghorn » March 24th 2017, 1:37pm

First I got this to see what all the fuss was about. I was impressed and still can't believe the quality, Especially considering the price.

I was impressed enough to give it another go since I also like the 1970 model. Same result. Dan henry knows what he's doing. It helps that he's a watch guy with an extensive vintage collection and not some skinny jeaned neck bearded jamoke who is looking for donations for a new idea that will set the watch community ablaze.

Now I'm hooked. I just got the 1939 silver dial. It'll be my last until another model comes out. There are 2 (1947 and 1968) that I'm sure are great but just not my style. It's at ther p[oint now that when I open the canvas/leather watch roll and look at the watch I have to suppress a laugh (kind of a "are you fucking shittin' me"? reasction to how well done these watches are)
The black dial 1939,with an incredibly detailed dial, was tempting but just too busy for me. Even this one seemed a bit busy with a tachy and telemeter scale, but the vintage vibe sucked me in. Again.

Quick and filthys

The case back is engraved with some conversion scale that are totally useless but an example of the detail on these watches. This is what it looks like without glasses.

Dan Henry is the shiznit for real.
Last edited by foghorn on March 24th 2017, 3:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Re: Dan Henry Trifecta

Postby jaw » March 24th 2017, 1:43pm

jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby Racer-X » March 24th 2017, 1:45pm

I'm a fan - that 1963 may be first for me too.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » March 24th 2017, 1:48pm

It wasn't easy. I had to go to a therapist before pulling the trigger.

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » March 24th 2017, 3:24pm

Dan Henry seems to have their shit together.

Now if only they could figure out that some folks like nice bracelets with solid end links, I might give one a go.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » March 24th 2017, 4:10pm

Please show the caseback on the 1970 if you could. It's so surprisingly cool.
Watch Country of Origin: Final assembly changed to China, effective 8-9-2016 - Invicta: The watch industry's eternal punchline
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby themadhungarian » March 24th 2017, 5:12pm

Are you trolling us? He slapped some Seiko movements into the same tired designs Oris and everyone else is doing. If I see another internal, rotating bezel I'm going to start breaking things.
The fuck outta here. Not being on Kickstarter doesn't make these awesome anymore than having a Kickstarter campaign means a company knows nothing about watches.
themadhungarian
Banned

Postby themadhungarian » March 24th 2017, 5:13pm

biglove wrote:Dan Henry seems to have their shit together.

Now if only they could figure out that some folks like nice bracelets with solid end links, I might give one a go.

It would also help if he came anywhere close to innovation in design or movements.
themadhungarian
Banned

Postby jason_recliner » March 24th 2017, 5:19pm

themadhungarian wrote:Are you trolling us? He slapped some Seiko movements into the same tired designs Oris and everyone else is doing. If I see another internal, rotating bezel I'm going to start breaking things.
The fuck outta here. Not being on Kickstarter doesn't make these awesome anymore than having a Kickstarter campaign means a company knows nothing about watches.

You're probably not going to like Gustav Klaus, then :???:
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby themadhungarian » March 24th 2017, 5:23pm

jason_recliner wrote:
themadhungarian wrote:Are you trolling us? He slapped some Seiko movements into the same tired designs Oris and everyone else is doing. If I see another internal, rotating bezel I'm going to start breaking things.

You're probably bot going to like Gustav Klaus, then :???:

I admit I have no clue what you're referring to, but I am truly baffled by Foggy's complete ball gargling of this brand.
themadhungarian
Banned

Postby jason_recliner » March 24th 2017, 5:25pm

themadhungarian wrote:
jason_recliner wrote:

You're probably not going to like Gustav Klaus, then :???:

I admit I have no clue what you're referring to, but I am truly baffled by Foggy's complete ball gargling of this brand.

viewtopic.php?p=384904#p384904
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » March 24th 2017, 8:36pm

I like 'em! They're cheap, and foggy says they're well made, which is good enough for me.

Henceforth, I wish to be addressed as Gustav Henry.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT

Postby NorthCountry » March 24th 2017, 8:44pm

Dang it, if Foggy likes it that is good enough for me. I've no time to divine the reasoning of why anyone likes what they do. I do trust his knowledge of determining whether or not he believes Dan Henry is a decent watch or not.
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » March 25th 2017, 3:10am

Dan Henry watches make my balls gargle and anyone who doesn't like them is a dick.

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby themadhungarian » March 25th 2017, 5:23am

foghorn wrote:Dan Henry watches make my balls gargle and anyone who doesn't like them is a dick.

Of course I'm a dick! Everyone knows it. Beside the point.

I'm calling you out on your ceaseless lambasting of watches from Kickstarter (only one of which I found interesting enough to back) and copies and almost anything not Swiss, while completely ignoring your own hypocrisy with this brand.

Made in China, with Chinese cases and Seiko movements made in Indonesia.

I actually like the design despite the now completely over-employed internal bezel and compressor case which only IWC can claim as anywhere near original. I may even buy one. I find your lack of integrity in acknowledging this brand's obvious shortcomings disturbing.

Anthony
themadhungarian
Banned

Postby conjurer » March 25th 2017, 6:00am

themadhungarian wrote:
foghorn wrote:Dan Henry watches make my balls gargle and anyone who doesn't like them is a dick.

I'm calling you out on your ceaseless lambasting of watches from Kickstarter (only one of which I found interesting enough to back) and copies and almost anything not Swiss, while completely ignoring your own hypocrisy with this brand.

I actually like the design despite the now completely over-employed internal bezel and compressor case which only IWC can claim as anywhere near original. I may even buy one. I find your lack of integrity in acknowledging this brand's obvious shortcomings disturbing.

Anthony

These are strong and intemperate words, Anthony. Foggy's integrity is above reproach here. Also, bringing this up in what is a "My New Watch" thread is both tasteless and and unheard of. While I know you're a guy who is unlikely to back down and apologize, I think you should very much consider backing down and apologizing.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT

Postby themadhungarian » March 25th 2017, 6:13am

conjurer wrote:
themadhungarian wrote:

Anthony

These are strong and intemperate words, Anthony. Foggy's integrity is above reproach here. Also, bringing this up in what is a "My New Watch" thread is both tasteless and and unheard of. While I know you're a guy who is unlikely to back down and apologize, I think you should very much consider backing down and apologizing.

Ok.

Foghorn. I apologize. It was indeed tasteless for me to insult your new watches here. Please forgive me.

Anthony
themadhungarian
Banned

Postby foghorn » March 25th 2017, 7:26am

Calling anyone who hates DH watches a dick was in jest. It's a forum inside joke that started when , I believe Conjurer referred to anyone owning a Seiko Monster being a dick.With that being said

If the shoe fits.

Dan Henry rocks.

Garglegarglegargle

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby themadhungarian » March 25th 2017, 10:03am

So your reply to my apology is an insult?

Got it
themadhungarian
Banned

Postby Mark1 » March 25th 2017, 10:33am

I like the first one, the others not as much. Therefore I had yet to comment in this thread. Its not that anyone is wrong here. Personally, if I don't care for someone's watch I don't say anything. It's hard enough for me to justify my own tastes at times, let alone try and dissect the tastes of others. I reserve that respect for forum members here, especially in the my new watch forum, of course outsiders are subject to my unfettered opinion.
Well, welcome to the real world, my delicate little Instagrammed snowflakes. Piers Morgan
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby biglove » March 25th 2017, 12:25pm

Foggy, contact that company and force them to make a decent bracelet option. Use your persuasive powers and such!
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » March 25th 2017, 12:32pm

biglove wrote:Foggy, contact that company and force them to make a decent bracelet option. Use your persuasive powers and such!

The 1963 would look good on a classy vintage Speidel Romunda😜

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » March 25th 2017, 1:08pm

foghorn wrote:
biglove wrote:Foggy, contact that company and force them to make a decent bracelet option. Use your persuasive powers and such!

Isn't that one of those that doubles as a hair remover?!
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » March 25th 2017, 1:21pm

themadhungarian wrote:

The only thing you got right here is the lambasting of the groveling vaping hipster kickstarting posers.
I got "copies" )Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT, Oris Diver 65 and non Swiss up the wazoo. I have German watches and even real Chinese watches not to mention many Japanese watches. Also an array of "worldly" watches like Fossil, Timex, Bulova a Bombfrog with a crappy Seiko movement and a couple of Shifuckingnolas.

No problems with non-Swiss or "copies.
Just horological beggers looking for backing for a watch that may,or may not, ever exist.

Now I shall recuse myself from this wonderfully Ceciled thread and commence to ball gargling with my new Dan Henry 1939.

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby foghorn » March 25th 2017, 1:22pm

biglove wrote:
foghorn wrote:

Isn't that one of those that doubles as a hair remover?!

Depends on where you wear it.

foghorn
Founding Member

Next

Return to Your New Watch