Unplanned Valentines present.

Unplanned Valentines present.

Postby NorthCountry » February 12th 2017, 11:38am

Sometimes you just luck out. Thank you to my wife Selena.

After my wife and I have breakfast on Sunday morning it has become a ritual to hit the local TJMAXX for some deals possibly, but I prefer the people watching. Living in a border town is fun for that, we get a lot of folks from Quebec. Now, my wife loves Fossil watches. I have never really saw much for me in the brand except the Breaker dive watch, which of course they never have. I glanced through the selection available and thought I had found one that I liked. My wife finds me in the store in the mens section and tells me she thinks she found me one. The same one I was eyeballing. So she said happy Valentines day! Started the day with my Bulova but now the Fossil 54 sport chronograph.

On the wrist.

And here is her Fossil she picked up also.

NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Unplanned Valentines present.

Postby TemerityB » February 12th 2017, 12:07pm

It's spreading! Nice going; cohabitation does have its advantages sometimes. :wink:
Watch Country of Origin: Final assembly changed to China, effective 8-9-2016 - Invicta: The watch industry's eternal punchline

"I have several hundred Invicta watches and enjoy them all." - Dolt With A 55-Inch Reversible Belt
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » February 12th 2017, 12:14pm

Sharp looking dials, at I presume an exceptional price. Sweet gifts.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby hcharles » February 12th 2017, 12:31pm

Congratulations to you and the missus. Both are fine looking watches. Way to go North Country.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby NorthCountry » February 12th 2017, 12:37pm

Thanks guys, yes I agree Terms. A willing partner in all aspects. ;-)

50 percent off list, so yeah pretty decent price wise. They sell enough that you rarely see them moved to the clearance section. Sadly the higher end stuff must go to different stores. Many thanks again for your kind words.
NorthCountry
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » February 12th 2017, 1:29pm

His and her Valentines presents - how mooshy, and cool.
I can assure you that when a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." Dr. George Daniels
3Flushes
Watchlord WIS

Postby Hawk » February 12th 2017, 2:31pm

Nice. Tales like this persist and I may have to look into this cohabitation thing.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby bobbee » February 12th 2017, 3:13pm

Love that watch, and the fact your SO picked the same one you were ogling is just marvelous.
Congrats on both of your picks, the one on your wrist and the one by your side.
bobbee
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Your New Watch