Fossil Drifter CH3044P Chronograph

Fossil Drifter CH3044P Chronograph

Postby SynMike » January 8th 2017, 8:05pm

My wife got me this one for Christmas. We were shopping for the kids on Black Friday and she saw me looking at it.
She said we had to get it while it was at a low price with 60% off.

The appeal me on this one is the retro appearance. Panda look with nice cream dial that is very lightly metallic, with black subdials, raised applied index markers, finely printed index and chapter ring. I am pretty sure the crystal is acrylic, rounded edges. Build quality feels really nice with mostly brushed stainless case, just the finely bevelled edges are polished. Thick leather strap is soft enough to be comfortable without needing extended wear-in time, nice clasp. The chronograph is designed for non-wis: I have guys ask why the seconds hand on my chronographs are not running. This one puts chrono functions exclusively on the subdials - the main seconds had is central and is always running. Resetting the chrono is a bit crazy. When you press reset the chrono winds backwards all the way back down. The seconds hand winds backward at one revolution in 2 seconds. It keeps spinning backward over and over until the minute hand is wound back down to zero. I've had it for a couple of weeks and it seems to keep time within a second in that time.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Fossil Drifter CH3044P Chronograph

Postby artman » January 8th 2017, 8:13pm

2 cool watches and 1 not so good one that you'll eventually get a refund for. Not a bad day!
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jason_recliner » January 9th 2017, 12:47am

That actually looks really good. Spot on, even.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby robatsu » January 9th 2017, 1:07am

Just a day or so ago I was gushing about a reverse Panda chrono with uncluttered look and tonneau case.

Really sharp look, IMO. And I had been thinking how nice it would look on a brown strap.
robatsu
Master of Time

Postby SynMike » January 9th 2017, 1:13pm

That Movado has similar case shape to the Fossil. I like all the Datron series. That one is a model that I also wanted but could not afford when I saw it in Las Vegas (I think $3400? new), I think 5-6 years ago. I ended up finding the quartz model at a low price. It's black face, not panda, but I really like it. Actually, with the similar retro case shape I have ben planning to take some pictures of the Movado and Fossil side by side.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » January 9th 2017, 3:44pm

Quite the nice watch pickup. Looks sharp on the leather.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » January 9th 2017, 4:12pm

That Fossil's sharp. Dare I say, it gives me a chubby.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Your New Watch