Tick Talk Blog

Other forum links and links to many blogs and magazines

Tick Talk Blog

Postby koimaster » January 24th 2018, 10:22am

My name is Jordan Ficklin and I am a watchmaker. I often get asked how I became a watchmaker. At age 33 I am exceptionally young for watchmakers these days. The average age of watchmakers in the U.S.A. today is about 46, but many are well over 60. I believe, most are ready to retire and a few youngsters are filling the gap, but not enough.

I fix watches because it’s fun! Keep reading to find out more about me and how I became a watchmaker, and what life is like as a watchmaker.

I graduated from the Lititz Watch Technicum in 2006, competing the 3000 hour WOSTEP coursework and the additional LWT Coursework. I am an AWCI CW21 (Certified Watchmaker for the 21st Century), a member of the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors and a member of the board of directors of the American Watchmakers-Clockmakers Institute. I am the head watchmaker at Beauchamp Jewelers in Albuquerque, NM and I repair watches Monday-Friday.

If watches and watchmaking interest you, subscribe to my blog. To subscribe in a RSS reader (like Google Reader) click here –> Subscribe to this blog or to receive my posts in e-mail format each time I write one (several times a week) click here –>Subscribe to Tick Talk by Email

http://watchmakingblog.com/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to Blogs, Watch Magazines & other sites