Borealis Watch Company | Store

Sales by Dealer or Vendors only

Borealis Watch Company | Store

Postby koimaster » August 23rd 2016, 11:11am

Pre-order on some new watches. I just picked one version so others will vary.

414214515.jpg

IMPORTANT PRE-ORDER INFORMATION:
•THIS WATCH IS STILL NOT IN STOCK. DEPOSIT OF 50% IS NON REFUNDABLE AND IT IS MADE IN ORDER TO CONFIRM YOUR PRE-ORDER.
•EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE: FEBRUARY 2017 THOUGH DELAYS MAY OCCUR
•EXISTING SPECIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO SLIGHT CHANGES AFTER PROTOTYPE IS MADE. PROTOTYPE IS EXPECTED TO BE PRESENTED IN OCTOBER 2016.

The Borealis Cascais 300m Automatic Diver Watch is a vintage inspired diver watch manufactured by Borealis Watch Company complementing the family of Borealis vintage inspired diver watches.

It is powered by a Swiss Made STP1-11 automatic movement that features 26 jewels, 28'800 vibrations per hour, 4 Hz , hacking seconds and a power reserve of 44 hours. It is a very reliable, sturdy movement that proved to be an alternative to the Swiss Made ETA 2824-2. The movement has been reviewed by an independent source as can be found here.

The Borealis Cascais is a innovative diver watch featuring lume manufactured by RC Tritec with the strongest mixes available in market : Superluminova C3 X1 Lume (the latest and strongest lume manufactured by RC Tritec) or Super Lume BGW9 depending on version.

All watch models of the Cascais collection are also complimented by a lumed ceramic bezel, double domed sapphire glass, 316L stainless steel case and a high quality 316L stainless steel bracelet with a quick adjusting clasp.

Borealis Cascais Automatic Diver Watch Specifications:
•Case Size: 42mm x 49mm
•Screwed down crown
•Double Domed Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside
•120 clicks unidirectional glossy ceramic bezel with C3 X1 grade or Super Lume BGW9 lume applied to indexes
•Swiss Made STP1-11 Automatic Movement
•316L Stainless Steel Case
•Lug Width: 22.00 mm
•Water Resistance: 300 meters
•Viton gaskets on case back and tefzel gasket for glass
•Case height: 12.96 mm
•316L Stainless steel bracelet with precision adjustable buckle
•Swiss Made C3 X1 grade or Superluminous BGW9 Superluminova applied to dial, watch hands and ceramic bezel
•Cathedral hands or Pencil Hands depending on variant (hours, minute, seconds)
•Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid
•12 months warranty

http://www.borealiswatch.com/store/#!/B ... ort=normal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Borealis Watch Company | Store

Postby foghorn » August 23rd 2016, 12:55pm

•THIS WATCH IS STILL NOT IN STOCK. DEPOSIT OF 50% IS NON REFUNDABLE AND IT IS MADE IN ORDER TO CONFIRM YOUR PRE-ORDER.
•EXISTING SPECIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO SLIGHT CHANGES AFTER PROTOTYPE IS MADE. PROTOTYPE IS EXPECTED TO BE PRESENTED IN OCTOBER 2016.

3 strikes. NFW
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby conjurer » August 23rd 2016, 1:49pm

foghorn wrote:•THIS WATCH IS STILL NOT IN STOCK. DEPOSIT OF 50% IS NON REFUNDABLE AND IT IS MADE IN ORDER TO CONFIRM YOUR PRE-ORDER.

3 strikes. NFW

For once, I agree with the rewster.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby koimaster » August 23rd 2016, 3:06pm

SweetB purchased one back in 2011 and had no issues with the transaction.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby biglove » August 23rd 2016, 6:21pm

So if we apply this scenario to buying a home.

You get to see photos of what the home MAY look like. You have to put down 50% of the final price and that isn't refundable no matter what the house looks like when it is go time. Oh, and if the owner decides to not sell the house after all, you don't get squat.

But it's ok because the owner has done this for a few hundred other people and they were happy.

No thanks.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » August 23rd 2016, 8:44pm

koimaster wrote:SweetB purchased one back in 2011 and had no issues with the transaction.

I've got no issues with the watch--it looks OK to me. And as I have no experience with the manufacturer, I'm sure they're legit. I just can't bring myself to pay a non-refundable down payment on a watch (or, really, anything else) so far ahead ahead of time. To me, it's bad business--they are, in essence, asking the customer to pay the production costs, since a direct-to-customer price is usually a 50% markup. In general, I figure if a company is asking for something like this, there's a good chance that they won't be around to fill the order.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » August 23rd 2016, 9:00pm

Unprotected crown, non-refundable deposit, not even a prototype available to see?

Nope
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » August 23rd 2016, 9:07pm

The owner of this company worked for Prometheus, her and her partner. I'm not sure if they still do, but the companies order watch movements and such together for a cheaper deal.
They, like Prometheus, usually have a pre sale then a sale after the watch comes in. If the pre sale bothers you, but you like the watch, then just wait for the sale after. It isn't a bad company, not as developed as one would like to feel safe, but they do strive for great customer service.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Britboy » August 24th 2016, 7:54am

I sort of got lost after "The Borealis Cascais is a innovative diver watch"

Pray tell..
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Dealer Sales