Ebay Mesh Only $8

Straps, bracelets and parts

Ebay Mesh Only $8

Postby SynMike » July 2nd 2016, 8:08pm

I bought a couple of mesh bracelets on ebay each for about $8 shipped. I first bought the 20mm version and liked it enough to also then pick up the 22mm version. They are about 4mm thick. Ends of each "link are bent inward but not soldered closed, some potential for snags maybe? They have very workable fold over clasp with squeeze style buttons for release and safety clamp. $8 well spent.

I found it quite difficult to cut these to length. The end of the remaining links ended up a little bent up when I was done but I was able to straighten them out.

I can imagine that an $80 version would be better but these are pretty darn good.. In stores I have tried factory mesh bracelets on watches from major swiss brands. These ones don't match those. If I was looking for something for my Omega I would go upscale from this. But for $8 these are great, either for an affordable watch (the Jaragar below is a Chinese automatic I got on ebay for $17) or even as a trial to see what it looks like before committing to a more expensive one for a high end watch.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Ebay Mesh Only $8

Postby Mark1 » July 2nd 2016, 8:15pm

Looks like a good deal, are they long enough to fit an 8" wrist?
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby Racer-X » July 2nd 2016, 8:44pm

It's 8 bucks but for a bit more I prefer removable links. Certainly serviceable though and looks nice. I found the wjean or strapcode to be best for the money then Staib or Jürgen.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » July 2nd 2016, 9:34pm

Racer-X wrote:It's 8 bucks but for a bit more I prefer removable links. Certainly serviceable though and looks nice. I found the wjean or strapcode to be best for the money then Staib or Jürgen.

Have owned numerous wjean mesh bracelets and the Omega style removable links are unmatched. Sadly he is no longer selling last I checked.

Had I known he would disappear, I wouldn't have sold mine.
Last edited by biglove on July 3rd 2016, 7:22am, edited 1 time in total.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Racer-X » July 2nd 2016, 10:36pm

biglove wrote:Have owned numerous wjean mesh bracelets and the Omega style removable links are unmatched. Sadly he is no longer never selling last I checked.

He replied to someone on WUS and is still selling his stuff at strapboutique.com and on ebay as nato9boutique or can be reached at wjean28@gmail.com. No idea why he would ditch his ebay account everyone seemed to know.

Hi, busy with other projects

Still a watch enthusiast and can also be found here:

19mm Rubber Willard Chocolate Bar Strap for Seiko 6105 6217 150M Replace Waffle | eBay

http://www.strapboutique.com/

if there is anything you need / forum pricing, just let me know

cheers
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby svaglic » July 2nd 2016, 11:27pm

I have had Wyjean and from the guy in Austrailia, the 14.00 cheapies I got are just as good. I have the removable link ones, but a tailor fit with cutting them down is the only way I will go now. I order cheap from eBay on these,
then I order this and switch clasps out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290537103271?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Cheap, I know, but then I get a Z clasp that extends for a diver and all together it is under 30.00. Most set up that way are 80 to over a hundred.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby SynMike » July 4th 2016, 2:17pm

Mark1 wrote:Looks like a good deal, are they long enough to fit an 8" wrist?

Perhaps will fit an 8" wrist, but no more, depending on how tight you like it and size of watch. Probably not on a small watch. I have a 7-1/4 wrist and cut about 3/4" off in length. I like a fairly snug fit so watches don't move around.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » July 4th 2016, 3:00pm

Racer-X wrote:
biglove wrote:Have owned numerous wjean mesh bracelets and the Omega style removable links are unmatched. Sadly he is no longer never selling last I checked.

He replied to someone on WUS and is still selling his stuff at strapboutique.com and on ebay as nato9boutique or can be reached at wjean28@gmail.com. No idea why he would ditch his ebay account everyone seemed to know.

Hi, busy with other projects

Still a watch enthusiast and can also be found here:

19mm Rubber Willard Chocolate Bar Strap for Seiko 6105 6217 150M Replace Waffle | eBay

http://www.strapboutique.com/

if there is anything you need / forum pricing, just let me know

cheers

Many thanks, Russ.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Falstaff » July 24th 2016, 7:37am

Handsome. Lotta bang for $8.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff