Input please (bracelet purchase)

Straps, bracelets and parts

Input please (bracelet purchase)

Postby codguy » June 16th 2014, 10:02am

Looking to purchase a stainless bracelet for this 40mm ETA/DD Gevril Seacloud.

The stock 20mm bracelet was a pos and the Tegu (Taegu?) lizard strap fell apart at the seams yesterday.
Looking to find something in the $50-$80 range -----------> or less.

Found this one at you know where;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310984588685?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Anyone have experience with that ^ bracelet and/or other recommendations sans suggestions of tossing this wartch?

I had purchased a wjean mesh but did not like the look on it, not too keen on a lumpy watchadoo for this one either.

Dunno, simply groveling for input.

I apologize in advance for this lame thread....... any complaints will be swiftly followed up with a "what watch should I wear" thread.

codguy
ASSHAT

Re: Input please (bracelet purchase)

Postby biglove » June 16th 2014, 11:18am

Don't have any experience with the eBay bracelet brand you listed; but, would be interested in hearing your take on it if you choose to buy one. Am always looking for other bracelet options.

You mentioned you aren't keen on the watchadoo; but, have you thought about the highly polished Watchadoo? Is it as comfortable as the standard and the finish on it is quite impressive. Had one on my Kadloo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Watchadoo-20mm- ... 48677a80f9

If you want to try the highly polished, I just have it sitting in a box at the moment. Be glad to loan it to you for a trial wear?

Let me know.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby 3Flushes » June 16th 2014, 3:50pm

Even @ 40mm, the watch is chunky, so to speak- bold numbers and markers, knobs all knurled, and whatnot. Agree with you, mesh would suck, and anything meshy, like BOR. Something complementarily solid would look cool. I heard about about Yabokies from HF, and I think the one I bought on his tout is really well made and comfortable. Mine was 22 mm, but I think he makes 20's. He makes a 3 piece and a 5 piece link. Mostly for Seiko, but I think he has other end-links available.

Title says bracelet, but what about a water resistant full grain leather strap like Di Modell makes, or even a beefy canvas strap? They are all pretty much in your price range and might look good, too.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Airframer » June 16th 2014, 6:09pm

I'm going to agree with Flushes if you're open to something other than a bracelet. I think one 'o them Di-Model Chronissimos would look good:
Airframer
Senior Member & WIS

Postby AJC » June 16th 2014, 6:47pm

Word on the street is that you get the most for your money here.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby biglove » June 16th 2014, 8:02pm

AJC wrote:Word on the street is that you get the most for your money here.

Sarcasm?

Got one sent with a watch I bought. The damned think is shanktastical right out of the package. Not even worth the postage to send it back to the seller!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby jaw » June 16th 2014, 8:10pm

I'd second the DiModel as being worth a shot. They look good on almost anything.

I would also add that the angular and sandblasted links of the StrapCode Super Engineer II might have a unifying effect with the angled lugs and matte finished bezel of your Gevril.

Again, I say might. I've got a box full of aftermarket straps and bracelets that didn't quite work out.

Here's the brushed version on a similar bezel, not my watch/pic.

jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby codguy » June 26th 2014, 6:35am

Thanks much for the replies guys.
I decided to simply put the original bracelet (solid fitted end links, double butterfly clasp w/ safety latch) back on the watch for the time being.

That ^ StrapCode Super Engineer 2 is a great looking bracelet and will probably purchase one soon. Be a nice project to polish the second and fourth rows on it (Cape Cod cloth?) to better blend in with this particular watch that is both polished and brushed.

I apologize in advance for the thread bump.

codguy
ASSHAT

Return to Watch Straps