The new DD Speedway is here, go get em

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements

Re: The new DD Speedway is here, go get em

Postby Watch Noob » February 12th 2011, 9:28am

Well you know that Muscatel Mikey won't let this one go unanswered. It's nice to see that he is consistent in calling his Members stupid and ignorant:

Today, 11:16 AM
meijin
WatchGeeks Owner
True WatchGeek Join Date: Feb 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
the eta 2892 with chronograph module is a movement that is inherently flawed. the 2892 alone is a nice movement but it is not robust or powerful enough to support a chronograph module. hence a myriad of problems ensue. the daytona movement although a rolex in house movement was inspired by the zenith el primero arguably the finest automatic chronograph movement ever made. if you placed these 2 movements side by side i believe that even an untrained eye would be able to determine which one was high grade and which one was marginal.

Nope, sorry, gotta call complete and total BS on this one.

First of all, look at a partial list of the companies that have used the exact ETA 2892 combined with the Dubois Depraz 2021 combo:

Girard Perregaux
Hublot
Uhrwerk
Omega
Paul Picot
Audemars Piguet

Now, what you want us all to believe is that the above companies (and many others) have built a watch with the customized movement knowing beforehand that they were building a sub-par movement with inherent problems? Really? That is what you want to go with? You really think that is even remotely possible? So if that is the case, then show me proof where people with that issue have reported anything. I mean, with all of the companies using this exact same combo, there should be some proof some place of this other than your one issue. Search the web and see what folks have to say about their watches with this movement in it. It just does not hold water.

And then there is the referring to the ETA 2892 as "marginal" as far as a movement goes. That is, to be blunt and honest, just stupid and ignorant. The ETA 2892 is widely recognized as being one of the best Swiss 3 hand automatic movements made with a history and track record dating back to 1975 when it was first released.

Facts rule the day, not anecdotal evidence.

Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby Guest » February 12th 2011, 9:51am

Any spring driven movement can be modified to increase it's energy output. All it takes is a slightly stronger set of springs and perhaps some stronger escapement and other key parts to support the increased load. The Eta 2890 and the 2820 series of movements can and have been modified like this for decades. Whether Invicta is using authorized Eta movements and having them properly modified remains to be seen. I'll sit on the sidelines and watch for now. Caveat emptor.

Postby Bigjimzlll » February 12th 2011, 9:54am

The key is they "can" be modified. With Invicta they probably just bolt on the 2021 module and call it good. The same way they throw giant hands on whimpy movements.
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mark » February 12th 2011, 9:55am

These loons who are buying this watch HAVE NO SUPPORT once purchased as shown by past practice of Invicta. Everyone of the little critters deserves to get it up the poop shoot! And they will!
Mark

Postby bigedsurf » February 12th 2011, 10:30am

go fuck yourself mongo.......
time flies.........
bigedsurf
WIS - Retired

Postby eddiea » February 12th 2011, 11:12am

Let's dissect this,
Starting by saying that the OP comments (mbgalg) is both, off-basis and basically, entirely geek shit...
The ETA 2892 is a an extraordinarily good movement by itself but also widely use as a tractor for chrono modules piggybacking( e.g. the DD modules)...both robust and accurate, it has been compared with the mighty Rolex 3135..many times.
So, when Muscatel Mikey said "Nope, sorry, gotta call complete and total BS on this one." he is absolutely correct...what Mikey omits however, is who is assembling the watches, Invictas dismal QA and lack of any decent craftsmanship will fuck-up the best movement in no time (just like has happen in the past with both chrono modules like DD and 7750's ) , another question I ask myself is, are those real 2892 or Chinese clones?....with Invictas lack of total credibility and ethics these days, is anyones guess.

Some facts on the 2892 here....
http://www.chronometrie.com/eta2892/eta2892.html
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Guest » February 12th 2011, 12:20pm

I have to agree based on my own experience. I own several Philip models with various 2890 series movements in them. They are exceptional. I also picked up one of the Pre-2008 Invicta Reserve Speedway auto/chronos with an Eta 2894 in it. The watch has not varied from +2 seconds per day since I first got it. Proof enough for me that Invicta once knew enough to choose good componants for their better models. Those days are so over.

Postby Watch Noob » February 12th 2011, 8:04pm

The presentation is on right now guys. Tune in, the BS is flowing like mad already. Image
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby robert516 » February 12th 2011, 8:17pm

Ooooh you get one of those fake pelican cases ... imagine having two fuck ups offered at the same time. This must be the best of 2010.
robert516
Senior Member & WIS

Postby robert516 » February 12th 2011, 8:18pm

Geeks will be geeks...silvertone sold out.
robert516
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Watch Noob » February 12th 2011, 8:23pm

Jaws and Lumpy actually said Invicta and Grail like 5 times during the presentation, lol. All BS aside, no one associates Invicta with Grail no matter how you slice it.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby TemerityB » February 12th 2011, 8:30pm

Hey, Slappy - come and get yo' POS!

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=J400796&CIID=-11279&ICID=HS1-_-TTV-_-PopImage

I cannot WAIT for the story behind this one to actually come out - and, of course, the prerequisite WG complaints when it turns out to be bad, PLUS the upcoming bannings. The beat goes on!
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Guest » February 13th 2011, 6:12am

There's a poll on WG.

Looks like most do not want.

Postby Seattle » February 13th 2011, 7:49am

Now we sit back and watch the fireworks...
Anyone want to venture a guess on what will be the common failure?

Crown falls off
Bracelet comes apart
Movement Stops
Hands fall off
Hands do not line up
Coating defective
Price drops 50% in a few weeks

Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Postby sandoz » February 13th 2011, 11:13am

A allegedly genuine DD/2892 is encased (probably incorrectly) in a essentially worthless speedway pos. So at best the customer is paying $800 for a movement of dubious origin and pedigree. When the shit hits the fan as it surely will, mongo and jaws, as before, will say they only read the script that eyal provides.
Too funny.
sandoz

Postby eddiea » February 13th 2011, 11:23am

robert516 wrote:Geeks will be geeks...silvertone sold out.

Fear not , sold out's at the Shop appears to have a pesky way to get back in stock, a day later.
eddiea

Postby Datsun240Z71 » February 13th 2011, 11:25am

Watched a few minutes of Daniel Green and Davis' presentation.

In a period of about two minutes, Davis wowed the audience with his complete collection of cliches:
"timepiece"
"bonded at the molecular level" (referring to the IP plating)
"dimly lit environment" (referring to the tritnite)
"if you will" (comparing the watch to those of Omega, Brietling, GP, AP. etc. using the same movement)

He needs some new material.

Randy in Nashville
Datsun240Z71
Watchlord WIS

Postby Guest » February 13th 2011, 11:34am

Datsun240Z71 wrote:Watched a few minutes of Daniel Green and Davis' presentation.

In a period of about two minutes, Davis wowed the audience with his complete collection of cliches:
"timepiece"
"if you will" (comparing the watch to those of Omega, Brietling, GP, AP. etc. using the same movement)

LOL, you forgot "stepped bezel design". I have heard this used on pretty much every watch described by the karate kid.

Postby bigedsurf » February 13th 2011, 12:28pm

he's a cue-card reading, cheeto's eating, lying,cheating, maggot.............
time flies.........
bigedsurf
WIS - Retired

Postby Guest » February 13th 2011, 12:49pm

I saw a few minutes when they were presenting the (65mm???) Arsenal in gold tone. Lumpy said "if someone asks you if it's Gold say yes because it technical is."

Right, you are the manager at the Tire Barn and you're wearing a 65mm solid gold watch. Sure.

Postby jaw » February 13th 2011, 1:54pm

Watchnublet wrote:
Datsun240Z71 wrote:Watched a few minutes of Daniel Green and Davis' presentation.

"timepiece"

LOL, you forgot "stepped bezel design". I have heard this used on pretty much every watch described by the karate kid.

incomplete without...Supported Scissor Style Safety Clasp (on there, in that)

He thinks rattling off these phrases makes him sound knowledgeable and intelligent.
We know better.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mark » February 13th 2011, 1:56pm

MOP spew

No rips veins tears cracks bumps.

Mark

Postby Falstaff » February 13th 2011, 2:01pm

"timepiece"

As does young Dan'l:
"Brilliant! - The "Black Label" of Invicta - Brilliant! - 7750? that's the Wobble! - The Reserve is the most prestigious Invicta line - Brilliant! - I have tiny wrists, but I love the big wot-chez - Brilliant!" He does, however, seem to take a certain perverse smirky (think PeeWee Herman) sort of pride in asking Lumpy precisely the wrong questions at the wrong time.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Watch Noob » February 13th 2011, 2:05pm

Seattle wrote:Now we sit back and watch the fireworks...
Anyone want to venture a guess on what will be the common failure?

Crown falls off
Bracelet comes apart
Movement Stops
Hands fall off
Hands do not line up
Coating defective
Price drops 50% in a few weeks

I'll go with hands do not line up and wager it all. Reason being is that I watched this morning with one of the female Hosts and Muscatel Mikey. She was showing the watch chrono function up close. When she hit the 2nd pusher to reset the chrono hand it promptly snapped back 4 seconds short of 0. lmao, perfect Invicta quality we've all come to expect. The look on MD's face was priceless, I know he was thinking, "OH Shit, not again".
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby eddiea » February 13th 2011, 4:47pm

Shit tend to happen to Invicta, isn't it a shame?.......
eddiea

PreviousNext

Return to Invicta controversies