The Elusive Gibeon

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements

The Elusive Gibeon

Postby Seattle » December 26th 2010, 5:23am

I noticed recently that there are no references to the term Gibeon associated with any of the "Invicta Meteorite Watches" (unless I missed it)? No longer in the title, i.e., Invicta Reserve Men's Pro Diver COSC Gibeon Meteorite Swiss Automatic Watch - J177944 (old, sold out listing) or that long paragraph at the bottom of the listings explaining and fawning over the "fact" that it is genuine Gibeon. It seems that at one time a lot emphasis was made that all of their so called meteorite dials as Gibeon, and rightly so. Why not advertise the shit out of it, if in fact it is true?
Now they just say genuine meteorite, etc. Could this mean that they are backing way off in fear that someone may actually have the dials independently tested? Now who would do something like that?? Sorry, just my attempt to be Koi...tee hee.
Seriously, maybe everything is now (or always has been) inexpensive Arizona meteorite?
Has anyone recently heard mongo or chubby reference, suggest or outright say that the meteorite is Gibeon on TV?
Just seems strange not to mention such an exclusive characteristic that other reputable brands charge thousands of dollars for.
Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The Elusive Gibeon

Postby betterskills » December 26th 2010, 5:35am

I've noticed that as well. Wonder if the 1 ton chunk that was brought to the states illegally has been the source?
betterskills
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Seattle » December 26th 2010, 5:38am

A very good point BS....wish we could verify, that would make for some very interesting blogging!

betterskills wrote:I've noticed that as well. Wonder if the 1 ton chunk that was brought to the states illegally has been the source?
Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Horse Feathers » December 26th 2010, 6:46am

It may be coincidental but I suspect they may be practicing a bit of self control since they were outed on the Sandstone. With that said, they will probably start up again in short time

On a side note I see they reintroduced a new version of the 12 slot diver case (with a less rounded design)

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT

Postby Falstaff » December 26th 2010, 7:33am

12:00am - 2:00am 12/26 Invicta show with Mikey and the lil' Brit. Lots of Mikey references to Gibeon, Namibia, exclusivity, etc. in reference to 7751 equipped whatever as well as a quartz model whatever. No restraint noted.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Seattle » December 26th 2010, 7:48am

Looks like things are back on track......LOL

Falstaff wrote:12:00am - 2:00am 12/26 Invicta show with Mikey and the lil' Brit. Lots of Mikey references to Gibeon, Namibia, exclusivity, etc. in reference to 7751 equipped whatever as well as a quartz model whatever. No restraint noted.
Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Postby eddiea » December 26th 2010, 8:54am

Falstaff wrote:12:00am - 2:00am 12/26 Invicta show with Mikey and the lil' Brit. Lots of Mikey references to Gibeon, Namibia, exclusivity, etc. in reference to 7751 equipped whatever as well as a quartz model whatever. No restraint noted.

Indeed I saw a few minutes and plenty of references to the Gibeon, Namibia and exclusivity including a statement by Lumpy about the V 7751 inside the SANIV, been better in his opinion that the movement fitted to the other company who uses the meteorite in quantity (in references to Rolex) thought that was stupid, to the point of been comical.
Also plenty of references to the Sandstone dial (calling it Sandstone but giving no futher details) which is the value of the day, today...
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby dude » December 26th 2010, 10:54am

I noted things were getting pretty sketchy when the Knuckle-Heads started to colour the meteor dials. I mean, why the hell would you do that????
dude
Senior Member & WIS

Postby waynebaker06 » December 26th 2010, 11:34am

dude wrote:I noted things were getting pretty sketchy when the Knuckle-Heads started to colour the meteor dials. I mean, why the hell would you do that????

Exactly, and they may be preparing for the next Watchlord attack.
waynebaker06
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark1 » December 26th 2010, 12:03pm

dude wrote:I noted things were getting pretty sketchy when the Knuckle-Heads started to colour the meteor dials. I mean, why the hell would you do that????

Gibeon meteorite is approximately 91% iron. They will rust if exposed to moisture when cut. I suspect that even the non coloured ones have some type of sealant appplied. Maybe the coloured ones are coated to cover up rust, as I believe Boscoe initially stated.

See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby dude » December 26th 2010, 4:10pm

Mark1 wrote:

Gibeon meteorite is approximately 91% iron. They will rust if exposed to moisture when cut. I suspect that even the non coloured ones have some type of sealant appplied. Maybe the coloured ones are coated to cover up rust, as I believe Boscoe initially stated.

I'd buy that for sure. Nothing is beyond possible with that group . . .
dude
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 2010gt » December 26th 2010, 4:25pm

Meteorite, schmeteorite. It's all about how it looks OTW. Paint those bitches neon green.....the green always sells out first!!! Right?
2010gt

Postby Falstaff » December 27th 2010, 7:56am

eddiea wrote:

Indeed I saw a few minutes and plenty of references to the Gibeon, Namibia and exclusivity including a statement by Lumpy about the V 7751 inside the SANIV, been better in his opinion that the movement fitted to the other company who uses the meteorite in quantity (in references to Rolex) thought that was stupid, to the point of been comical.
Also plenty of references to the Sandstone dial (calling it Sandstone but giving no futher details) which is the value of the day, today...

Mikey (triumphantly), "Why, the other company's watch that uses Gibeon meteorite would fit inside this [Invicta model]!"
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby boscoe » December 27th 2010, 8:16am

True Mikey, but that other watch will be around when your Invicta has been recycled for its plastic, tin, brass and Chinese steel content.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Guest » December 27th 2010, 4:46pm

Maybe they should paint all the Sandstone... and the diamond accents black as well... that way you can't what ANY of that shit looks like!

Tell you what: I had a Rolex with a Meteorite dial... just sold it a month ago... and the dial on my Rolex was head & shoulders above the crap I've seen on Invictim dials...

Postby koimaster » February 18th 2017, 1:23pm

:D

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to Invicta controversies