“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Russian Diver docs

Postby eddiea » October 6th 2010, 5:20pm

Read this yet again ... funny how Jimbo and the usual tools, are purposely overlooking the fact the the Lalo family, had nothing to do with Invicta in 1959 and that make the rest of the story bogus by default... I'll call it, a made believe tale for the intellectually challenged.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby koimaster » December 8th 2010, 9:50am

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby boscoe » December 27th 2010, 7:36am

I love it. Igor Lalo lies and Jimblo unwraps his lips from the Lalo dipstick long enough to swear to it.
This claim is ridiculous on its face, particularly at the height of the Cold War in 1959.
Igor Lalo and his corn-holed buttboi aren't old enough to know what the prevailing politics were then inside and outside of Russia.
Soviet Navy officers who organized spending hard currency on Swiss watches would have been executed/sent to the gulags. It was a national pride thing - a Swiss watch would be basically admitting Soviet military gear (which was a huge source of income for the government) was crap. The West would use it as propaganda - Red Navy divers using Swiss watches.
And in those days, Soviet Navy officers' contacts with the West were closely monitored by the KGB/NKVD. Do you think they'd write to Invicta? And why pick Invicta instead of Blancpain/Rolex etc. something more prestigious? It would have all had to be organized by a Soviet military attache in the West.
Think about it.
Lalo is a lying sack of shit and Skelton's review was written by an ignorant ass-kisser.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Guest » June 18th 2011, 12:42pm

Here's some back pedaling cover I's ass BS that was on FB the other day...

Has anybody ever found or even seen a vintage 59 invicta Russian diver? I don't mean the vintage style I mean the actual thing, I can find 60s-70s made from Russian company but not the original invicta Russian diverMonday at 5:18pm via Facebook for Windows Phone

Jon - Zlatoust would be that Russian co I couldn't remember
Monday at 9:35pm

Invicta Watch - Jon, as our collection copy states, the Russian Diver was inspired by a watch commissioned by the Russian Naval Fleet in 1959, not that we made that watch then. We never claimed to make the original model...but good luck with your hunt, it would make for an incredible addition to any collection.
Monday at 10:12pm
--------

Reading JS' BS in the orig post top, having seen the BS from Lalo & JS about having 2 of the "originals" from Grandma Lalo and now the claim on FB on 6/13/11 they had nothing to do with the original...did someone finally tell the truth....hell, they wouldn't know...

My eyes are open now...that fucking kool-aid burns like a mother ...

Postby DBCooper » June 18th 2011, 1:49pm

Nice catch chasntime!
Last edited by Anonymous on June 18th 2011, 2:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
DBCooper
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark1 » June 18th 2011, 2:24pm

That is very interesting. I was always under the impression that Invicta made the watches themselves under the watchful eye of Granny Lalo. Remarkable, in that this may be a long perpetuated lie they have admitted to. I can't recall them ever really owning up to any of their BS before. Now saved here in perpetuity, thanks for posting it.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby koimaster » June 18th 2011, 3:00pm

They have not owned up to anything. They are simply stating that they had nothing to do with the original Russian watch. The claim has always been that they made a SWISS MADE version of the original Russian watch.

From there the story changes several times to who they were made for, why they were made and where they are today. The story also includes granny lalo having been on the orignal design team, having kept one of the originals which she gave to the annointed one etc.

I and others over the years have asked to to provide invoices, letters between the Russians and Invicta or, designs, anything at all. The golden one brought in an original RD made by Zauloust and claimed it was the Invicta version. He was laughed at by every one with a brain.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby ocean » June 18th 2011, 3:38pm

They keep changing their anwser to the same question. They B.S. you to death by doing this trying to make it go away
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » May 25th 2012, 6:15am

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby poot74 » May 25th 2012, 6:48am

Last week or so...Mongo said during a presentation that Inshita didn't create the Russian Diver but came out with their interpretation...nothing about Grandma Lalo...
poot74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » May 25th 2012, 6:59am

poot74 wrote:Last week or so...Mongo said during a presentation that Inshita didn't create the Russian Diver but came out with their interpretation...nothing about Grandma Lalo...

that is a change. I wonder how long that will last. Still waiting on the Swiss factories.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby BigCheez » May 25th 2012, 7:07am

koimaster wrote:
poot74 wrote:Last week or so...Mongo said during a presentation that Inshita didn't create the Russian Diver but came out with their interpretation...nothing about Grandma Lalo...

that is a change. I wonder how long that will last. Still waiting on the Swiss factories.

If that's the new "company line", it's yet another change imposed upon Invicta (and Davis in particular), by this site, and especially yourself, Koimaster. Image
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » May 25th 2012, 8:17am

BigCheez wrote:
koimaster wrote:

If that's the new "company line", it's yet another change imposed upon Invicta (and Davis in particular), by this site, and especially yourself, Koimaster. Image

I have to say that a lot of people have over the course of years have helped through their own research disprove the claims made on this topic and many others. Invicta is an easy target because they lie so poorly.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby koimaster » February 20th 2013, 9:12pm

1946-2006