Invicta purchases Glycine -updated - yes it is true

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements

Re: Invicta purchases Glycine -updated - yes it is true

Postby koimaster » August 11th 2016, 4:51pm

artman wrote:
SN13 wrote:
artman wrote:Last night the authorized Glycine dealer put all of their Glycines in the clearance rack marked 50% off! I'm waiting until they're at least 70% off.

Where? :D

Guam Premium Outlets. Coming from Bellingham, Take the I5 south to Tacoma. Switch to the 405 west to Bremerton. It's just a few more miles from there. Can't miss it.

A few sites on line including the official Glycine sale site in the US are also cutting prices by 50%.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Tzimisces » August 11th 2016, 5:04pm

koimaster wrote:
artman wrote:
SN13 wrote:
artman wrote:Last night the authorized Glycine dealer put all of their Glycines in the clearance rack marked 50% off! I'm waiting until they're at least 70% off.

Guam Premium Outlets. Coming from Bellingham, Take the I5 south to Tacoma. Switch to the 405 west to Bremerton. It's just a few more miles from there. Can't miss it.

A few sites on line including the official Glycine sale site in the US are also cutting prices by 50%.

I guess that answers the question about whether they will go up in value.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » August 11th 2016, 7:39pm

koimaster wrote:
artman wrote:
SN13 wrote:

Link goodness?

Iguana sell, Spain AD, hasn't budged in prices listed.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby tiktok » August 11th 2016, 8:33pm

I'm an idjit and deserve to have had my Combat Sub beat me in mortal kombat.
Last edited by tiktok on August 11th 2016, 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » August 11th 2016, 8:35pm

tiktok wrote:All Combat Subs under $400.

http://www.saltzmans-watches.com/c48/Combat.htm

Really? I must be missing something; they all look like they're over a grand to me.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby tiktok » August 11th 2016, 8:47pm

I'm an idiot, the price off is around $400, still way above Klepsoo and Iguana Sell on any given day.

TemerityB wrote:

Really? I must be missing something; they all look like they're over a grand to me.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » August 11th 2016, 8:53pm

tiktok wrote:I'm an idiot, the price off is around $400, still way above Klepsoo and Iguana Sell on any given day.

TemerityB wrote:

Wow -- you bring up something I've always wanted to know: Is Klepsoo trustworthy? I've seen a lot of good deals there over the years, but the site always kind of scared me since, well, I still don't know much about it. Have you ever traded there?
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » August 11th 2016, 9:01pm

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby conjurer » August 11th 2016, 9:05pm

My guess would be that all ADs will start slashing prices pretty soon; they'll want to get out from under any of their remaining stock before Invicta starts fucking up the brand.

What T said earlier is very true. There ain't a brand that the IWG has gotten its talons into that hasn't slid into mediocrity or worse. Technomarine is the perfect example--not that it was ever high horology, but it was a pretty successful fashion brand in its day. Naturally, its day is well past, which is why Eyal bought it. Grandmama Lalo might have swallered plenty of Roosin seamen, but she didn't raise no idgits. Eyal is something of a genius with this shit--he won't pay top dollar, but swoops in when a brand is failing, trades on what remains of the name, makes a boatload of money, buys a new cabin cruiser to dock at the Pony Farm, and then turns the brand into some new fucking Nvicter Black Label line that finally dies and slow and dusty death.

In a way, it's like the Mafia taking over a failing business and then busting it out, just with a Panamanian twist.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » August 11th 2016, 9:09pm

Never bought there but certainly have seen dozens of positive posts about Klepsoo over a period of some years. Somehow Italian ADs seem to get killer pricing

TemerityB wrote:
tiktok wrote:I'm an idiot, the price off is around $400, still way above Klepsoo and Iguana Sell on any given day.

TemerityB wrote:

Wow -- you bring up something I've always wanted to know: Is Klepsoo trustworthy? I've seen a lot of good deals there over the years, but the site always kind of scared me since, well, I still don't know much about it. Have you ever traded there?
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mortuus » August 11th 2016, 9:13pm

I dunno...I always worry about klepsoomaniacs trying to steal my money. :?

Gunter. Globen. Glaussen. Glieben.
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby artman » August 11th 2016, 9:13pm

When the blue 2 tone hits $250 locally I'll bite.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mortuus » August 11th 2016, 9:19pm

conjurer wrote:My guess would be that all ADs will start slashing prices pretty soon; they'll want to get out from under any of their remaining stock before Invicta starts fucking up the brand.

What T said earlier is very true. There ain't a brand that the IWG has gotten its talons into that hasn't slid into mediocrity or worse. Technomarine is the perfect example--not that it was ever high horology, but it was a pretty successful fashion brand in its day. Naturally, its day is well past, which is why Eyal bought it. Grandmama Lalo might have swallered plenty of Roosin seamen, but she didn't raise no idgits. Eyal is something of a genius with this shit--he won't pay top dollar, but swoops in when a brand is failing, trades on what remains of the name, makes a boatload of money, buys a new cabin cruiser to dock at the Pony Farm, and then turns the brand into some new fucking Nvicter Black Label line that finally dies and slow and dusty death.

In a way, it's like the Mafia taking over a failing business and then busting it out, just with a Panamanian twist.

Excellent summation.

The only thing I'd add: "Invicta has stated that they will leave Glycine as it is." And, as we know, Invicta is a scrupulously honest organization. Even Jumbloat still loves them...oh, wait. :?

Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby ericf4 » August 12th 2016, 6:54am

i have always liked glycine, but only ever owned 1. This is terrible that they will now become part of invicta.....lol....there goes the neighborhood.
ericf4
Founding Member

Postby Falstaff » August 12th 2016, 3:24pm

ep
TemerityB wrote:

TemerityB wrote:

Have done a couple of Klepsoo purchases: lousy communication, slow shipping, but the watches arrived in fine shape - new in factory boxes with all paperwork - without any post-sale issues of identity theft, bogus charges or ransom demands from displaced Albanians.

Btw, I'm keeping my "golden eye" combat sub - fuck invicter and the misbegotten Panamanian they rode in on.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » August 12th 2016, 5:58pm

Falstaff wrote:

Btw, I'm keeping my "golden eye" combat sub - fuck invicter and the misbegotten Panamanian they rode in on.

Say it, brother.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Mortuus » August 12th 2016, 6:02pm

TemerityB wrote:
Falstaff wrote:

Say it, brother.

ZACKLY the juan I want, two...

Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby abduksion » August 12th 2016, 6:10pm

If Nvicter does nothing to the brand would you guys still consider them? I was reading the August 2016 issue
of Watch Time and came across Citizen's purchase of Frederique Constant who were bought this past (May) turns out Citizen
will keep the founders on board for at least 5 yrs and the only reason why they sold it was because their
kids didn't want to inherit the business. So there's a 50/50 chance Nvicter may keep the original watchmakers
and designers on board. Of course this is Nvicter and you can't believe a word Eyal Lalow says.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby Mortuus » August 12th 2016, 6:23pm

abduksion wrote:If Nvicter does nothing to the brand would you guys still consider them? I was reading the August 2016 issue
of Watch Time and came across Citizen's purchase of Frederique Constant who were bought this past (May) turns out Citizen
will keep the founders on board for at least 5 yrs and the only reason why they sold it was because their
kids didn't want to inherit the business. So there's a 50/50 chance Nvicter may keep the original watchmakers
and designers on board. Of course this is Nvicter and you can't believe a word Eyal Lalow says.

I think you've answered your own question with that last sentence above, Kev. ;)

For me, the answer would be somewhere between maybe and perhaps. I still occasionally buy the odd 40MM pro-diver (with SW-200) that Invicta puts out from time to time (with some pretty damned sharp dial colors, I must admit), so I won't rule out the purchase of a "Glyvicta" if the pieces-parts are all there and the quality is on par with the originals.

However, having said that, please allow me to add this in closing: I know Citizen. Citizen is a friend of mine. And Invicta is no Citizen. 8-)

Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » August 12th 2016, 6:26pm

Check out the second line in this brief Reuters stocks report. If that doesn't scream "Lawler LaDingo," I don't know what does.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSFWN1AR13Y
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby artman » August 12th 2016, 6:52pm

Hahaha "glyvicta"! That made me laugh threw my nose.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby abduksion » August 12th 2016, 7:23pm

Mortuus wrote:
abduksion wrote:If Nvicter does nothing to the brand would you guys still consider them? I was reading the August 2016 issue

I think you've answered your own question with that last sentence above, Kev. ;)

For me, the answer would be somewhere between maybe and perhaps. I still occasionally buy the odd 40MM pro-diver (with SW-200) that Invicta puts out from time to time (with some pretty damned sharp dial colors, I must admit), so I won't rule out the purchase of a "Glyvicta" if the pieces-parts are all there and the quality is on par with the originals.

However, having said that, please allow me to add this in closing: I know Citizen. Citizen is a friend of mine. And Invicta is no Citizen. 8-)

I agree Citizen is no Nvicter have a few I tried selling them a few months back on here just couldn't
do it well not now anyways when the time comes I will. Even my grandfather was buried with one
that I gave to him back in 13/14? It was the BM6400 great field watch with excellent lume he wasn't
a very thankful man but he needed a watch and I thought why not give one to him. I may even buy it
again someday.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
abduksion

Postby Bigjimzlll » August 13th 2016, 3:37am

Sub-aqua-Glycine , Bolted Glycine , The Glycine Russian diver.........and a real winner would be The Glycine Sea Vulture.....
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby Wasp » August 13th 2016, 3:48am

inviker will have the Glycine shop produce some of the inviker line. I am so looking forward to that sales pitch.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby ocean » August 13th 2016, 7:43am

Wow, check in and see this. This has to be a joke but as others have stated they are blowing them out the fucking door 55% off and was told to hold off a couple of weeks till they drop them to 75% off.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

PreviousNext

Return to Invicta controversies