About 9937 bezel insert + crown

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 8:54pm

Anesthetist? That's a nurse you know. You mean anesthesiologist? I thought about it.Actually ranks among the highest paying physicians next to radiologist and plastic surgeon. In private practice I can procure 300 / hr. So in other words I put you to sleep! It was ALMOST cool until you fucked up with the wrong word. Anesthetist. Yeah, almost cool.
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » October 16th 2014, 9:47pm

Halcion1 wrote:Anesthetist? That's a nurse you know. You mean anesthesiologist? I thought about it.Actually ranks among the highest paying physicians next to radiologist and plastic surgeon. In private practice I can procure 300 / hr. So in other words I put you to sleep! It was ALMOST cool until you fucked up with the wrong word. Anesthetist. Yeah, almost cool.

Two MDs are riding in the elevator. The Psychiatrist says, "I had a helluva' day. Damn near had to touch a patient!"

The Anesthesiologist replies, "Hell, I know what you mean. Almost had to talk to a patient today!"

Ba-da-bing!

Hidey-Ho and welcome, btw!

Maybe you can give me some insight into my obsession with discussing poo? A select here find it amusing. The majority, not so much. It was not there when I started nursing 24 years ago. I think all those years in ICU made my sense of humor a bit cutting edge.

What does a good shrink charge/hr for an Internet consultation these days!?

;)

Welcome.

Would love to see some collection pics and hear about your goals, how you got into watches, etc.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby 3Flushes » October 16th 2014, 10:08pm

Halcion1 wrote:Anesthetist? That's a nurse you know. You mean anesthesiologist? I thought about it.Actually ranks among the highest paying physicians next to radiologist and plastic surgeon. In private practice I can procure 300 / hr. So in other words I put you to sleep! It was ALMOST cool until you fucked up with the wrong word. Anesthetist. Yeah, almost cool.

Dammit! I did mean I thought you were an Anesthesiologist. My sincere apologies. It's just that you reminded me a little bit of someone here a while back who was a nurse.

At any rate, your take on Invicta's quality is interesting. Have you found the same to be true regarding other products? Have you dumped a BMW for a Jetta, or a Kia? Shed a Shun for a Ginsu? ShamWow for Marathon and so forth?

Anyway, I don't care what kind of watch you like. I have two Invicters myself from the olden better days and one marked Swiss that turned out to be Swasian - I keep it as it's one of the first models that foretold the future. I was hoping that since the movement was a sham, that the value would go way up on it as with the Panerai Brooklyn Bridge, but it hasn't budged a nickel. I've decided to dump it and I'm now only hoping to be made whole.

It's the Dragon Lupah on crocagator (not good crocagator either, apparently nostrils, eyelids and cuticles, although it's nicely stitched and has stayed supple with no care whatsoever - perhaps it's fake) with the Asian Ronda, which seems to have kept good time and functioned well- I like the flying for 30 seconds 1/10th second hand- the only 3 or 4 times I've worn it so as to keep it minty for the aforementioned unrealized anticipated increase in value. I'm in it for only $429. PM me if you have any interest or watch for it on WUS.
Last edited by 3Flushes on October 17th 2014, 5:58am, edited 2 times in total.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » October 16th 2014, 10:21pm

Since Big Loaf opened the door to Dr. Hale's Expert Advice concerning his unhealthy and slighly Republican interest in scatology, I thought I'd ask for the good shrink's advice about a dream I had the other night.

I dreamt that I had died and gone to Heaven--an unlikely event indeed--and Heaven was a big white room with clocks ticking on every space on the walls. Under each clock was a brass plate with the name of a member here. I looked around and there was a plate that said FOGHORN, and another that said BOSCOE, etc. There was also a plate that said MORTUUS, but there was no clock over it.

Then God entered, and he said, "Welcome, Conjubator, you have died, and this is Heaven." And I said, "Wow, that's cool. I never thought I'd get here!"

Then God said, "You must have some questions for Me."

I said, "Well, what do these clocks mean?"

And He said, "That's how we keep track of things. Each time a member's clock's minute hand goes around once, it means that person's jerked off."

I said, "Interesting. But, where's Mortuus's clock?"

And God said, "Oh, we keep it in the other room. We use it as a fan."
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » October 16th 2014, 10:39pm

conjurer wrote:Since Big Loaf opened the door to Dr. Hale's Expert Advice concerning his unhealthy and slighly Republican interest in scatology, I thought I'd ask for the good shrink's advice about a dream I had the other night.

I dreamt that I had died and gone to Heaven--an unlikely event indeed--and Heaven was a big white room with clocks ticking on every space on the walls. Under each clock was a brass plate with the name of a member here. I looked around and there was a plate that said FOGHORN, and another that said BOSCOE, etc. There was also a plate that said MORTUUS, but there was no clock over it.

Then God entered, and he said, "Welcome, Conjubator, you have died, and this is Heaven." And I said, "Wow, that's cool. I never thought I'd get here!"

Then God said, "You must have some questions for Me."

I said, "Well, what do these clocks mean?"

And He said, "That's how we keep track of things. Each time a member's clock's minute hand goes around once, it means that person's jerked off."

I said, "Interesting. But, where's Mortuus's clock?"

And God said, "Oh, we keep it in the other room. We use it as a fan."

Oldie but goody.

At 15 they could have used my fan to produce power for Vegas. Nowadays, not so much.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 10:40pm

okay, gentlemen ..i actually have a genuine question....what are the variances on the sw200 ? my invicta appears to be gaining time ..also does anyone have an opinion on the iphone app. WAtCHTRACKER to determine accuracy ? watch manufacturers are strange..raymond weil, for example allows up to plus 20spd ....
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby gerdson » October 16th 2014, 10:45pm

I dreamt that I had died and gone to Heaven--an unlikely event indeed--and...

:chump:

The last big talking newbie didn't last very long, btw. So far I have not read anything exciting from You, Dr. Sleep Pill.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
gerdson
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » October 16th 2014, 10:47pm

Halcion1 wrote:okay, gentlemen ..i actually have a genuine question....what are the variances on the sw200 ? my invicta appears to be gaining time ..also does anyone have an opinion on the iphone app. WAtCHTRACKER to determine accuracy ? watch manufacturers are strange..raymond weil, for example allows up to plus 20spd ....

I don't know about Sellita. The ETA 2824, upon which the SW200 was based, has a +/-12 seconds per day on the base grade movement. I'd imagine that the SW200 is maybe as good as that, although likely worse.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 10:49pm

also the little lume marker at the 12 o clock position on the bezel isnt really encased in anything but rather just sits there..are these little dots stuck on well ? no sarcasm please, i need to know more about invicta other than the usual prattle
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 10:58pm

@gerdson......that is because i really don't have anything interesting to post. years ago i sold all of my high end watches while finishing school. now i have this Invicta that looks quite sturdy but i have read a lot of crap about them..i DETEST the thought of paying a lot for a watch again..i set a limit of 20k. i have two children in boarding school and a fucking ex wife who is money hungry...i do not know whether i should get back into this racket or not is the point' although you guys are a bunch of assholes, i do think maybe you know your stuff.
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » October 16th 2014, 11:00pm

Halcion1 wrote:also the little lume marker at the 12 o clock position on the bezel isnt really encased in anything but rather just sits there..are these little dots stuck on well ? no sarcasm please, i need to know more about invicta other than the usual prattle

Anything that Invicter "sticks on" their watches is not likely to stay there.

All sarcasm aside, here's the scoop on the 9937. It's labeled on the dial as "Swiss Movement," which pretty much means it's made somewhere in China, possibly by a manufacturer who's knocking off the Rolex Submariner. It's impossible to tell, really, since Invicta continuously lies about where their products are made. Given that there are more than a thousand different Invicta designs for sale at any given moment, it's highly unlikely that they actually "make" any of their different watches. More likely they farm out production to any of the hundreds of Chinese manufacturers (and Swiss too) who will run up a bunch of different watches for a catalogue manufacturer.

Indeed, since Invicta is so opaque about where they make their watches, it's likely that one run of 9937s may well be made by one manufacturer, and another run made by another. Because of this, and because Invicta's CS and QC is so miserably fucking horrible, it's possible to get one 9937 that's perfectly fine and will run well for years, while another is a piece of shit and will fall apart in months.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » October 16th 2014, 11:04pm

Halcion1 wrote:@gerdson......that is because i really don't have anything interesting to post. years ago i sold all of my high end watches while finishing school. now i have this Invicta that looks quite sturdy but i have read a lot of crap about them..i DETEST the thought of paying a lot for a watch again..i set a limit of 20k. i have two children in boarding school and a fucking ex wife who is money hungry...i do not know whether i should get back into this racket or not is the point' although you guys are a bunch of assholes, i do think maybe you know your stuff.

Invest all you can in Invicta. If you are lucky enough to get a limited edition with a missing I in Invicta on the dial, it will surely go up in value.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 11:04pm

i see. thank you, conjurer
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby gerdson » October 16th 2014, 11:07pm

Halcion1 wrote:also the little lume marker at the 12 o clock position on the bezel isnt really encased in anything but rather just sits there..are these little dots stuck on well ? no sarcasm please, i need to know more about invicta other than the usual prattle...

No, they are not, but that is not a problem of Invicta alone. About the movement variances: The production quality of ETA is so high, that many standard grade movements will practically run with chronometer precision or at least come close to it. I haven't heard anything bad about Selitta either. But it will always depend on the accurateness of the watch manufacturer during assembly, and what they do in order to regulate them properly. It seems the two words, Invicta. And quality - can't go together in one sentence. But to me that is only hearsay, and spending more than two years in this here company has certainly biased my mind about Invicta.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

gerdson
Master of Time

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 11:12pm

thank you, gerdson. i guess i will be looking around at Omegas, although i'd hoped for something a little better ....everyone has a fucking omega ..i am trying to justify how to spend thousands on a watch again .........i am thinking maybe ETERNA or ZENITH.....i have been out of practice for a long time..
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » October 16th 2014, 11:15pm

gerdson wrote:
Halcion1 wrote:also the little lume marker at the 12 o clock position on the bezel isnt really encased in anything but rather just sits there..are these little dots stuck on well ? no sarcasm please, i need to know more about invicta other than the usual prattle...

No, they are not, but that is not a problem of Invicta alone. About the movement variances: The production quality of ETA is so high, that many standard grade movements will practically run with chronometer precision or at least come close to it. I haven't heard anything bad about Selitta either. But it will always depend on the accurateness of the watch manufacturer during assembly, and what they do in order to regulate them properly. It seems the two words, Invicta. And quality - can't go together in one sentence. But to me that is only hearsay, and spending more than two years in this here company has certainly biased my mind about Invicta.

Quite so, and well said, Gerdy. I myself have seen at least two different Japanese automatic movements regulated so well that they were well above COSC specs. One, the Juisko I recently reviewed, was running about +2-3 seconds a day on a Seiko NH-36 movement, the other, a Deep Blue (!) with a Miyota 8215 movement, sent back to DB after purchase that was running, astonishingly, within a second per day. On the other hand, an ETA 2824-2 (base grade) can run anywhere in ETA's spec--indeed, I've owned 2824s that run like shit, while others can run very accurately.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby gerdson » October 16th 2014, 11:15pm

Look at IWC, but a vintage one.
Ardnut since 1989

-- conjurer

gerdson
Master of Time

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 11:19pm

I never thought about IWC honestly .......is ORIS any good ? A friend of mine , well another doc suggested A.Lange & Sohne........the first watch i look at was 142k..yea, i dont see that happening ..i want a watch that my great grandchildren will , with proper care, treasure.
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » October 16th 2014, 11:23pm

Halcion1 wrote:I never thought about IWC honestly .......is ORIS any good ? A friend of mine , well another doc suggested A.Lange & Sohne........the first watch i look at was 142k..yea, i dont see that happening ..i want a watch that my great grandchildren will , with proper care, treasure.

Oris and IWC (at least the newer ones) both use primarily ETA movements. If you're looking for a fine watch for around five grand (or so) check out the Grand Seikos with Spring-Drive movements. Absurdly accurate, beautifully made, and the sort of thing you could absolutely hand down to the next generation--although the maintenance costs will ramp up the price over time to your twenty grand.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » October 16th 2014, 11:24pm

Halcion1 wrote:I talk all day long and I get a little verbose that's all.

There's that insight again. There seems to be cause for hope
I honestly couldn't care less if anyone is impressed or not .

Yes you do, or you wouldn't have said it. I'll take behaviour over words every time

I wouldn't really expect a group of guys who have spent so much time on a seemingly meaningless forum to understand the rigors involved with intense education , or extremely hard work trying to heal the human mind anyway.

You are digging yourself a hole. You'd do well to get to know people before you judge them.

As I stated way way back I came to this forum out of sheer curiosity and so it turns out I am amused ..in a sense. Also , it's nice so many are sporting post grad degrees. You'd never know it actually . And today , a graduate degree is held by just about everyone . It's middle of the road . And as far as life experience goes, it's useful but doesn't quite pay the bills does it . Anyway, thank you for recognizing my INSIGHT .....compensating lol you do have a sense of humor .

You know that multiple responses to the one issue tends to confirm its a thing for you.

I suggest less with the ego and more with the watch pics.

Have fun Hal 8-)
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 11:36pm

@bedlam ..please do not shrink me or come off as some half assed genius with your personality profiling ok......i really do not care what anyone thinks..i entered this forum very pleasantly and yes, became defensive . you guys have an unblemished reputation for making people feel like shit ok....therefore i felt compelled to establish a few things, i.e. education, occupation,monetary position, etc..not because of my ego, but rather to just let you guys know i am at least as well educated and financially capable as you lot....i have never, ever observed such a group of grown fucking men who behave so badly ..there is no need for everyone to act so fucking ABOVE IT ALL..i re acted poorly to bad behaviour, i will concede to that....but jesus have a little couth.......i don't have any pics other than this invicta ....i said that..i am getting into this again......maybe.. i was looking for advice that's all and before i could get started you HALF WITS began this attack....so that having been said,,,,fucking drop it..because pal, i am not going anywhere..
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jaw » October 16th 2014, 11:39pm

Halcion1 wrote:also the little lume marker at the 12 o clock position on the bezel isnt really encased in anything but rather just sits there..are these little dots stuck on well ? no sarcasm please, i need to know more about invicta other than the usual prattle

That dot is aka lume pip, bezel pip or some combination thereof.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 11:42pm

thank you, conjurer for the advice...i have actually heard great things about GRAND SEIKO ....i am not quite sure what a spring drive movement is, but i will google it.......i have also heard that the valjoux 7750, 7753, 7733 are good movements, but i don't know ..
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 11:43pm

thanx, jaw, for that clarification ..i felt ignorant calling it a dot..lol....lume pip sounds much better.. :D
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » October 16th 2014, 11:45pm

Dang, Doctor Haile, you need to lighten the fuck up. Seriously, if you have twenty grand to spend on a watch (which I greatly doubt) you could always walk into a high-end, big-titted jewelers and write a check for a Patek Calatrava, which start--surprisingly--at your budget. You'll walk out with arguably the finest watch available for your budget in the world; you could wear it forever, with maintanence cycles that would be ruinously expensive, and hand it down to your great-great-great-great-grandkids. It would impress all your friends and the nurses you want to fuck. And, the best part, you wouldn't have to put up with us peon assholes!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

PreviousNext

Return to Invicta controversies