About 9937 bezel insert + crown

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Mark1 » October 23rd 2014, 12:22pm

foghorn wrote:well sayd conjorer

plus wUn
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby eddiea » October 23rd 2014, 12:24pm

biglove wrote:
eddiea wrote:
biglove wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, WL at large, Dr. Hal is NO troll!

And the rationale for that conclusive statement is?

There is an expectation by some here that to be accepted here is some high honor or one must pass their "testing." Like a fraternity. And in some ways that is not a compliment in the least. It gets old.

Dunno, maybe...
Personally I rarely post in these kind of threads , have no expectactions other than talk watches without caring who you are.
I worked healthcare for the past 27 years, being an MD not necessarily exempt someone from being an idiot, an asshole, a nerd, a prima donna, a back stabber, a criminal...or a troll.
So far, not impressed with the dude, then again ...it makes no difference to me, as long as he/she comes here to talk about watches
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » October 23rd 2014, 12:26pm

One day I'm going to pour gasoline over all you fuckers and set you on fire.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » October 23rd 2014, 12:47pm

eddiea wrote:So far, not impressed with the dude, then again ...it makes no difference to me, as long as he/she comes here to talk about watches

Agree with Eddie, not impressed at all. Should he give a shit I'm not impressed?

I just find it funny that he mocked other's syntax, grammar, and sentence structure, and then follows it up with a bunch of unintelligible posts. Is he a troll? WGAF. He should just stop being a butt-munch.
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby Tzimisces » October 23rd 2014, 1:55pm

His response to a slowpo-type welcome was to administer a horshak test. That frightens me, if he is a head shrink. I would have expected a straight jacket and shock therapy at minimum.

Biglove has a crush, not that there's anything wrong with that.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 23rd 2014, 1:59pm

For those of you who are willing to give me a chance thank you so much . God only knows I've asked for a lot of this . If you cave to pressure that's fine too . I'm not leaving this forum for anything . I actually get off on the abuse . I have had patients call me things I wouldn't even repeat in this snake pit . I've had my life threatened by guys so ill that it's genuinely scary. So, carry on if you will . Also , when eddia and iwasbanned post , am I the only one who hears dueling banjos in my head ?
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 23rd 2014, 2:15pm

And as for Tzimisces ... He rather reminds me of a family pet . Biglove has a crush ha? You guys are fucking pathetic . He is obviously extremely intelligent and I would imagine an excellent caregiver . And I am not just saying that . He, too, will probably re join you band of merry men and continue the witch hunt , but that's fine , my little voice tells me he's still a good guy . At least conjurer , Mortuus , foghorn , and biglove make an effort . The rest of you are just too cool . Lol. Cool , yea that's it !!
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby catnap » October 23rd 2014, 2:27pm

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.
catnap
Watchlord WIS

Postby Kahuna74 » October 23rd 2014, 2:29pm

Halcion1 wrote:And as for Tzimisces ... He rather reminds me of a family pet . Biglove has a crush ha? You guys are fucking pathetic . He is obviously extremely intelligent and I would imagine an excellent caregiver . And I am not just saying that . He, too, will probably re join you band of merry men and continue the witch hunt , but that's fine , my little voice tells me he's still a good guy . At least conjurer , Mortuus , foghorn , and biglove make an effort . The rest of you are just too cool . Lol. Cool , yea that's it !!

So we should make an effort for you? Still have not seen your intro post, that's right, you never did one. You are to lazy to look up information that is easily available here and instead ask us to look it up for you. Sounds like a Doctor to me, let the staff do the hard work, and you kick back. I hope you do stick around. Those are some beautiful watches you have there in your collection, O wait, we still have not seen any. Maybe you can have one of your staff post some pictures for us. Carry on.
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby iwasbanned » October 23rd 2014, 3:23pm

Hal, have you bought the $20k watch yet?

Has your Invicter settled to better than Rolex timekeeping yet?
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby biglove » October 23rd 2014, 4:07pm

I have a soft spot for educated folks, folks in healthcare, retired/former military.

Not a man crush in any way. Just trying to give the guy a chance!

I know there has been a history of some serious troll attacks here but from the looks of things most of that stuff settled down well before I got here. Seems that some are still in hyper-alert And stuck at DEFCON 1-2 when the DEFCON level should be seen as 4-5 at this point!

Halcion1 wrote:And as for Tzimisces ... He rather reminds me of a family pet . Biglove has a crush ha? You guys are fucking pathetic . He is obviously extremely intelligent and I would imagine an excellent caregiver . And I am not just saying that . He, too, will probably re join you band of merry men and continue the witch hunt , but that's fine , my little voice tells me he's still a good guy . At least conjurer , Mortuus , foghorn , and biglove make an effort . The rest of you are just too cool . Lol. Cool , yea that's it !!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Tzimisces » October 23rd 2014, 4:14pm

“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Bigjimzlll » October 23rd 2014, 4:48pm

I think we should give him a pass. Let's not forget he is freshly sober, under 1 year and by his own admissions modern medicine can not even diagnose if he has a problem...emotionally or mentally.

It's kind of scary to think he is able to prescribe and treat the general population.... any way's please consider the troll bashing, until he settles down a little.
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby fatman » October 23rd 2014, 5:28pm

HF
fatman
ASSHAT

Postby Mortuus » October 23rd 2014, 5:58pm

conjurer wrote:
Mortuus wrote:
Halcion1 wrote:What is a MAROON ? I don't think I have ever been called that before. And no, my friends call me by my first name, which is not shirley.

That was Bugs-Bunny-ese for 'moron.' He'd always say, "Heh, heh, what uh maroon," and start walking away, usually into an electric fence or, more commonly, right into the path of a sledge hammer being carried by the self-same, aforementioned maroon...

I call bullshit! Bugs Bunny never got fucked up. He did the fucking up. Bugs Bunny was the original gangsta of cartoon rabbits. If the Hays Office would have allowed it, he would have butt-fucked Elmer Fudd dry.

I call piffle on ALL of THAT, sir. Piffle, PIFFLE, PIFFLE! AND, might I add, DOUBLE PIFFLE! :|
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » October 23rd 2014, 6:02pm

fatman wrote:Image

Finally, a watch in this thread.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Kahuna74 » October 23rd 2014, 7:04pm

Bigjimzlll wrote:I think we should give him a pass. Let's not forget he is freshly sober, under 1 year and by his own admissions modern medicine can not even diagnose if he has a problem...emotionally or mentally.

It's kind of scary to think he is able to prescribe and treat the general population.... any way's please consider the troll bashing, until he settles down a little.

Good point Jim. I just feel like in his own way, we are getting a 'fuck you' from him. I don't think he has posted anything else, not one watch photo. Then again maybe because he is a Doctor, he feels he does not have to follow any kind of protocol. Maybe he is waiting for us to give him a kickback like the big pharmaceutical companies do, before he posts anything of importance. BL if he is not a Troll he sure is acting some what like one. I am willing to set back and watch as I often do,,,
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 23rd 2014, 8:16pm

My modest collection. I am looking for the Seiko.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mortuus » October 23rd 2014, 9:01pm

Halcion1 wrote:My modest collection. I am looking for the Seiko.

Cool stuff, Doc H. Conj will make another 'old joke' at the expense of my waning eyesight, but what brand are the two watches on either side of the Invicta? The one on the left looks like a vintage model, and I really like its lines. The gold one looks cool, as well, but I just can't read the name. Nonetheless, we're making progress in the pix dept. here. ;)
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Halcion1 » October 23rd 2014, 9:07pm

Thank you Mortuus. I kept trying to upload each watch but it kept saying file too large. The one to the left of the invicter is a 1974 Timex auto with pie pan face. I love old Timex watches and most I looked at were over 200 dollars and in rough shape. This is in excellent condition and I paid 23 for it. The one on the right is a discontinued Belair ultra thin. I think it was 500. I'll try to post better pics.
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » October 23rd 2014, 9:16pm

biglove wrote:
Halcion1 wrote:And I almost forgot to mention. Thank you for the welcome. Nursing is an honorable profession. The mother of my two beautiful children is an RN. NURSES are underpaid and underappreciated. many nurses have taken the fall for an MD'S FUCK UP......

Muchos gracias!

Have seen both professions fuck shit up in a hurry!

Two of my favorite ICU MD stories...the one ER doc who would tell me, "you run the code. I'm getting some coffee and will be watching TV. Come get me if it's some shit you can't figure out." The other, a megalomaniac of a cardiothoracic surgeon with Mad skills who freaked out when I did chest compressions on a CABG patient of his, "did you do chest compressions?....WHAT?!....WHY?!...Now I am going to have to rewire his sternum!" I just stared at him and let him have his say and said, "well, he's not in asystole anymore so yeah, that's gonna' be the problem."

Get a room already
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Halcion1 » October 23rd 2014, 9:25pm

This is just for you 3flushes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » October 23rd 2014, 9:31pm

Halcion1 wrote:This is just for you 3flushes

I believe the vernacular would be, "Oh, snap!"

Nothing wrong with mutual appreciation and respect among professionals or even just among folks with similar senses of humor.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mortuus » October 23rd 2014, 9:42pm

Dayam! I love that Timex! If you get a couple of minutes, I did a review of a recently-acquired '59 Timex over on WF; nowhere near as stylish as the one you have, but a lot of sentimental value nonetheless, and I got a lot of enjoyment out of writing it (and taking the pix): http://watchforums.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2072

As I said before, the whole 'pictures thing' just takes practice...in my case, a lot of practice. :?
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » October 23rd 2014, 11:13pm

Halcion1 wrote:This is just for you 3flushes

THIS is what I get after all we meant to each other on pages 1 and 2?
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

PreviousNext

Return to Invicta controversies