About 9937 bezel insert + crown

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby hcharles » October 22nd 2014, 10:10pm

I want to see the Seiko dress. What a maroon. Do your friends call you Shirley?
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby biglove » October 22nd 2014, 10:16pm

Halcion1 wrote:And I almost forgot to mention. Thank you for the welcome. Nursing is an honorable profession. The mother of my two beautiful children is an RN. NURSES are underpaid and underappreciated. many nurses have taken the fall for an MD'S FUCK UP......

Muchos gracias!

Have seen both professions fuck shit up in a hurry!

Two of my favorite ICU MD stories...the one ER doc who would tell me, "you run the code. I'm getting some coffee and will be watching TV. Come get me if it's some shit you can't figure out." The other, a megalomaniac of a cardiothoracic surgeon with Mad skills who freaked out when I did chest compressions on a CABG patient of his, "did you do chest compressions?....WHAT?!....WHY?!...Now I am going to have to rewire his sternum!" I just stared at him and let him have his say and said, "well, he's not in asystole anymore so yeah, that's gonna' be the problem."
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 22nd 2014, 10:18pm

What is a MAROON ? I don't think I have ever been called that before. And no, my friends call me by my first name, which is not shirley.
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » October 22nd 2014, 10:31pm

Vaping is the practice of smoking e-cigarettes, or some weird steampunk machine that does the same thing. Foghorn thinks they're all Nancy boys; I would tend to agree, apart from fatman, who is a fucking VIKING.

BTW, the steampunk machine version of vaping probably works better if you're really big and fat, and wear a top hat with goggles that look like the kind that that T.E. Lawrence had on when he wrapped his motorcycle around a tree.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » October 22nd 2014, 10:36pm

Halcion1 wrote:What is a MAROON ? I don't think I have ever been called that before. And no, my friends call me by my first name, which is not shirley.

That was Bugs-Bunny-ese for 'moron.' He'd always say, "Heh, heh, what uh maroon," and start walking away, usually into an electric fence or, more commonly, right into the path of a sledge hammer being carried by the self-same, aforementioned maroon...
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » October 22nd 2014, 10:39pm

Mortuus wrote:
Halcion1 wrote:What is a MAROON ? I don't think I have ever been called that before. And no, my friends call me by my first name, which is not shirley.

That was Bugs-Bunny-ese for 'moron.' He'd always say, "Heh, heh, what uh maroon," and start walking away, usually into an electric fence or, more commonly, right into the path of a sledge hammer being carried by the self-same, aforementioned maroon...

I call bullshit! Bugs Bunny never got fucked up. He did the fucking up. Bugs Bunny was the original gangsta of cartoon rabbits. If the Hays Office would have allowed it, he would have butt-fucked Elmer Fudd dry.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » October 22nd 2014, 10:42pm

ocean wrote:
Halcion1 wrote:@Tzimisces.....have you ever been administered a RORSCHACH test ?

The last ink blot I saw was of you with a gag ball, a pineapple in the pee hole and an invicter Russian diver shoved up your arse by granny. Any other blots you need comments on?

:npkjp,:
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » October 22nd 2014, 10:43pm

svaglic wrote:
ocean wrote:
Halcion1 wrote:@Tzimisces.....have you ever been administered a RORSCHACH test ?

The last ink blot I saw was of you with a gag ball, a pineapple in the pee hole and an invicter Russian diver shoved up your arse by granny. Any other blots you need comments on?

:npkjp,:

This certainly brings back some memories.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » October 22nd 2014, 10:47pm

^^^???

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2012/ ... hecht-text
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby svaglic » October 22nd 2014, 11:30pm

biglove wrote:

^^^???

Who the hell cares about maroon loaf. Shirley Hal likes and respects nurses. Be afraid my friend, be very afraid. Ebola WAS the worst of your worries.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » October 22nd 2014, 11:37pm

Actually it's clowns. Ebola ain't got shit on mother fucking clowns! ;)

svaglic wrote:
biglove wrote:

^^^???

Who the hell cares about maroon loaf. Shirley Hal likes and respects nurses. Be afraid my friend, be very afraid. Ebola WAS the worst of your worries.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Racer-X » October 23rd 2014, 1:50am

biglove wrote:Actually it's clowns. Ebola ain't got shit on mother fucking clowns! ;)

Agree!

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Wasp » October 23rd 2014, 5:37am

Doc Hal...do me a favor and look up a previous member's last 20 posts or so and comment. Member- SLOWPO
Cheers
Last edited by Wasp on October 23rd 2014, 6:54am, edited 1 time in total.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby codguy » October 23rd 2014, 5:54am

Wasp wrote:
Doc Hal...do me a favor and look up a previous members last 20 posts or so and comment. Member SLOWPO
Cheers

And while he is at it, perhaps a search on all the questions he has asked in Maestro's thread. They have all been answered before............

numerous times.

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » October 23rd 2014, 6:51am

Told you he'd get wood.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » October 23rd 2014, 8:03am

foghorn wrote:Told you he'd get wood.

Foggy knows...
;)
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Kahuna74 » October 23rd 2014, 9:54am

biglove wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, WL at large, Dr. Hal is NO troll!

I am not an MD, Hal. RN since 1990. Had the aptitude for medical school but not the motivation. Was way too busy "not living up to my potential," to quote a number of high school and college instructors/professors! But, damn, I had fun!

Quite possibly the thing I was given the most shit about during my early time here was the fact I declined college my freshman year in high school and that I brought it up as a matter of my own history. That really got a couple of folks' panties in a big fat wad. But, yeah, I was an ass about it at times.

Did pediatric/adolescent psych stent early on in 1991 but not anything I would return to. First love was NICU. Have been in hospice since 2008. Looking at a change now though.

We have in our midst an esteemed RPh and another MD. Several in healthcare. Several active and retired medics/firemen/cops. Numerous former military and even a retired fighter pilot. Not to mention a smattering of attorneys, dump truck drivers, book store managers, IT and PC professionals and more.

A couple of guys stuck down under, one guy who wears salmon colored shorts damned well, one fine Commie and a damned fine German.

Great ethnic, national, heritage, political mix here with varying degrees of education and income.

THE best watch reviews, comedic and satirical writing anywhere in the horological community. An enormous amount of knowledge for the small number of folks here! Damned charitable group of folks, too!

One thing is for sure here. Education and income don't play nearly the role they do in the real world. What matters here is knowledge about watches, mostly, and being willing to listen and to educate oneself about the hobby. Oh, and except for a few guys appreciation, avoid scatalogical discussions and contests about poop stories unless you are giving away a really nice watch as a prize!

Welcome!

Now show us some pics of your watches, damnit! ;)

foghorn wrote:
Halcion1 wrote:I forgot to add.....medical marijuana has a therapeutic level, and even though it may be lower than most who use marijuana recreationally are used to, nonetheless the drug..and i use that word deliberately, DRUG is still addictive, and anyone who displays medication seeking tendencies regardless of how subtle , should be discouraged. many psychiatrists make use of controlled substances to treat various things. because it is an easy fix. I do not share their views. Less is always better and when you deal with Axis I diagnoses, it can get very tricky as there are a number of things to factor in.. many Axis II diagnoses, such as borderline personality disorders CANNOT be medicated. Trust me . The DSM gets updated all the time. We are currently using 5, although proposed revisions will be forthcoming with particular changes to, actually, the aforementioned BPD.

Dayum Hal!!!

The Big Loooooove gonna get wood when he reeds this.

Still could be a Troll BL, just because he is a Doctor does not mean he is not one.
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby iwasbanned » October 23rd 2014, 10:05am

Hal, did you buy a watch?
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby eddiea » October 23rd 2014, 10:47am

And the rationale for that conclusive statement is?
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » October 23rd 2014, 11:36am

Wasp wrote:

Doc Hal...do me a favor and look up a previous member's last 20 posts or so and comment. Member- SLOWPO
Cheers

SLOWPO appears to have been deleted. Last post I think is here:
http://watchlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=17369
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » October 23rd 2014, 11:52am

eddiea wrote:

And the rationale for that conclusive statement is?

Ok, let me rephrase it. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

Kahuna is right. Education or profession does not prohibit one from trolling. Not my call. Not anyone's call, if I remember correctly, since Koi has said flat out, he will be the one who decides who is and is not a troll.

I am thinking doc is who he states and has been fucking about with some of the crew. He certainly is
more enjoyable than most others who have come along in the last year. Nuvo being the great exception to the rule! We should all strive to be Nuvo, FFS! Nuvo is one class act!

Has hal gone about with a proper intro and played by the rules completely? No.

Has he let people giving him shit spook him? No, he gives it back.

There is an expectation by some here that to be accepted here is some high honor or one must pass their "testing." Like a fraternity. And in some ways that is not a compliment in the least. It gets old.

Back off and see if the guy turns out to be ok.

Some of the same folks who got all big and bad because I called Q a troll, when in fact she was not, are all over this guy. I should have backed off and let her be. I am trying to learn from my errors. It's called insight and oh, damn, are we going to have to go there again?!

Time for some folks to reread the "How not to feed a suspected troll" sticky.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby jaw » October 23rd 2014, 12:04pm

biglove wrote:...He certainly is more enjoyable than most others who have come along in the last year...

You can say that again :lol:
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » October 23rd 2014, 12:07pm

..........that again.
GET OFF MY LAWN

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby conjurer » October 23rd 2014, 12:15pm

I kinda doubt that Dr. Thurston Hal III is a troll; from some of his posts and lack of certain pop-culture (like not knowing what "vape" means) indicates, to me, that he's a fellow who's smart but has English as a second language. Many foreigners who start crossing linguistic swords on the interwebs in a non-native language seem to get carried away. So perhaps we should calm down a little.

Also, like lawyers, having a shrink around isn't necessarily a bad thing. Perhaps Dr. Hal could thumb through the DSM-V and let me know why everytime somebody misspells my screen name as "Conjuror" I want to pound a bowling pin up my asshole.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » October 23rd 2014, 12:20pm

well sayd conjorer
GET OFF MY LAWN

foghorn
Founding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Invicta controversies