About 9937 bezel insert + crown

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 11:52pm

@conjurer..honestly , no i do not have 2ok to piss away , and i resent you insinuating i am a liar..i don't have to lie ..i made up my mind if this watch endeavor of mine takes off after all these years of wearing shitty watches, i will not spend more than 2ok . as i said i pay boarding school for two and alimony that is just fucking over the top. okay? are we all clear here ? i am not rich at all..probably make less than you, but for me 20k is a lot of money ..i have to work a lot of hours in a month to earn that. i do not think one months salary is too much to spend on a watch IF I MUST..and i never called you peons , that was you.
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » October 17th 2014, 3:08am

If you're looking for a great luxury watch, Maurice Lacroix should be on your short list to check out. They are all Swiss made, including the cases and bracelets, their in-house movements are robust and innovative, the designs are creative and exquisite, and they are finished to the absolute nines.

The best about Maurice Lacroix is their value, although they are less so with time. They are available grey market at up to 80'ish% off, 40 to 50% off recent and currently available models. If you're a buy from an authorized dealer kind of guy, there are great deals to be had on the best selection of current models, many of which don't make it to the grey dealers. There's something for everyone, but I suggest you look at the Decentrique Moon Phase models, the Squalettes (skeletonized) and the Mysteriouse if you want to get a good idea of what they do. The best selection is at World of Watches, who has the best prices and Jomashop.

Happy hunting.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Halcion1 » October 17th 2014, 3:23am

Thank you 3flushes. I had never heard of the brand but they are beautiful. The one with the seemingless floating second hand is superb. What an achievement!
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » October 17th 2014, 4:58am

Happy to do it- I like putting them on people's radar. The way they achieved the appearance of the floating hand with the chalkboards and the physics and engineering and the drawings and the math, and whatnot, ultimately fairly simple in it's execution, is true geniusness. And unlike a magic trick, knowing the secret only makes it better. Check out the one with the square wheels. It's not my favorite design, but the movement and visual effect are very cool.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Wasp » October 17th 2014, 6:45am

Not that you need to know when there is a full moon. Exceptional quality and unique.
When someone looks at you and gives you that spontaneous double blink.....point to the watch.
Or
Few will know the quality. Spring drive, tour de force mécanique

Cheers the Queers
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby iwasbanned » October 17th 2014, 6:56am

Halcion1 wrote:okay, gentlemen ..i actually have a genuine question....what are the variances on the sw200 ? my invicta appears to be gaining time ..also does anyone have an opinion on the iphone app. WAtCHTRACKER to determine accuracy ? watch manufacturers are strange..raymond weil, for example allows up to plus 20spd ....

I thought your Invicter was keeping better than +5spd?
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » October 17th 2014, 7:01am

Halcion1 wrote:Actually I do know quite a bit about watches. For starters , I know how to actually spell Invicta . What sits on your arm other than a really cool Tat that says MOM.. ? Listen ,mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of .

Ah so this is where the Tat thing came from. Man for a guy that knows quite a bit about watches, you sure come off as someone that doesn't know shit about watches. Maybe you know quite a bit about shitty watches?
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » October 17th 2014, 7:03am

Halcion1 wrote:@conjurer..honestly , no i do not have 2ok to piss away , and i resent you insinuating i am a liar..i don't have to lie ..i made up my mind if this watch endeavor of mine takes off after all these years of wearing shitty watches, i will not spend more than 2ok . as i said i pay boarding school for two and alimony that is just fucking over the top. okay? are we all clear here ? i am not rich at all..probably make less than you, but for me 20k is a lot of money ..i have to work a lot of hours in a month to earn that. i do not think one months salary is too much to spend on a watch IF I MUST..and i never called you peons , that was you.

Get an FP Journe, specifically a Chronometre Bleu. I doubt you will though, I'm sure you'll settle on some limited edition Invicter and claim to have put the rest of the money in some blue chip stocks.
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby ocean » October 17th 2014, 7:44am

If you're serious I would check out IWC, JLC, Arnold & Son, ChronoSwiss, Daniel Roth, UN, Patek, VC, Moser and an AP Royal Oak but I have a feeling you have a trimix worth 10 million dollars.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » October 17th 2014, 8:13am

ocean wrote:If you're serious I would check out IWC, JLC, Arnold & Son, ChronoSwiss, Daniel Roth, UN, Patek, VC, Moser and an AP Royal Oak but I have a feeling you have a trimix worth 10 million dollars.

I have a hunch, the Trimix is on the mark.
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby bedlam » October 17th 2014, 8:46am

Halcion1 wrote:i don't have any pics other than this invicta

That'll do to start.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » October 17th 2014, 9:24am

Pathetic. Is this yahoo on staff or does he have his own practice? Yeesh. So many of these medical chaps (excluding of course, our own esteemed Doc Neddles) seem to feel as though wearing a school tie and chanting a mantra of their earning capacity will gain them entrée into the country club. Strivers - foo. Still, I suppose we should be grateful for small things - at least he's not a surgeon, thank Jeebus.

Interesting that it's always Rolex that suffers in comparison to Invicter. Shades of WGs.

Actually, I think the good Conjuror's advice in regard to a Calatrava is spot on - say a 5119 in white gold.... Bought my 3919 used quite some years ago for $3500. Best money I ever spent.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » October 17th 2014, 9:52am

Falstaff wrote:Pathetic. Is this yahoo on staff or does he have his own practice? Yeesh. So many of these medical chaps (excluding of course, our own esteemed Doc Neddles) seem to feel as though wearing a school tie and chanting a mantra of their earning capacity will gain them entrée into the country club. Strivers - foo. Still, I suppose we should be grateful for small things - at least he's not a surgeon, thank Jeebus.

Interesting that it's always Rolex that suffers in comparison to Invicter. Shades of WGs.

Actually, I think the good Conjuror's advice in regard to a Calatrava is spot on - say a 5119 in white gold.... Bought my 3919 used quite some years ago for $3500. Best money I ever spent.

Goddamn, Falsey, you are one smart fuck! Now start spelling my screen name rite GODAM it.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » October 17th 2014, 4:03pm

My deepest appy-polly-logies, esteemed sir. I've employed a little mnemonic device to help me remember in future: ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConswogglEr ConjugalEr CornplasterEr ConfunditEr ConfoundEr CumfindEr ClandestinEr ColliloquizEr ClamflankEr ConvictEr CannedhammEr CloneplunkEr.

Ass yu mae hav gest, Speling iz knot my strawng suite soote.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 17th 2014, 4:32pm

First things first... My Invicta was keeping great time actually, then within a day it started to gain time. Next I thought I knew a lot about watches but clearly I stand corrected. Moving along, I am in private practice and I do not wave the old school tie nor do I flaunt or chant my salary in hopes of getting into the country club. I do not belong to a club at all and if you think 200k a year is a lot to boast about you need a very firm and embracing grip on reality. There is a huge difference between a decent salary and wealth. I'm not wealthy. In todays world, an entry level 6 figure salary is at best mediocre. So that having been said, why do you guys call invicta.. Invicter lol and what is a trimix? Lastly thsnk you for your advice. I knew I came to the right forum for technical expertise, you lot certainly haven't let me down. Thank you for that
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Ticking Away » October 17th 2014, 8:34pm

Wait - Meistro's here! Welcome man!!
Ticking Away
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 17th 2014, 8:44pm

I think I really love the Arnold & Son pictured above . I think they have it in 18k red gold. Who is Maestro?
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Ticking Away » October 17th 2014, 8:49pm

Maestro's the person that started this thread. Cool dude. Sorry bout the typing error.
Ticking Away
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Halcion1 » October 17th 2014, 8:51pm

Oh I see. Thank you, Ticking :)
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mortuus » October 17th 2014, 9:26pm

Howdy, Dr. Hal, and welcome to Watchlords, AKA 'the deep end of the pool.' FWIW, I think you've done a very good job of holding your own, thus far. Believe it or not, the majority of the membership here are well-read, well-educated and avoid telling jokes involving human masturbatory functions.

If you don't mind, I'd like to make a few recommendations vis-à-vis a watch brand that is quite a bit less than 20k-bones, but whose models are nonetheless of high quality and superb appearance. Each are personal favorites of mine, and all of them enjoy excellent reputations.

Hamilton: I collect mostly vintage pieces, but I'm always in the market for Hamilton's newer offerings, as well. Without going into mind-numbing detail, I'll just list the ones I especially like, and add a picture (or two) of each.

Ventura - An unusual but very pleasant shape that goes back to the mid-50's and the Eames era. Brand new versions start in the $500-$1500 range, while used models come in at roughly 65% the cost of new. Here's a few from my collection:

Khaki Diver - ETA 2834-2 movement

Auto Chrono - with the aforementioned ETA/Valjoux 7750 movement...

Thin-O-Matic - ETA 2824

Intra-Matic - ETA 2892-2

Valiant - ETA 2824-2

Christopher Ward also makes some great-looking -- and very well-functioning! -- watches in the $675-$2500 price range. The brand also manages to piss off the few true douche nozzles we have here who hate certain watch brands because so many others like them. I forget what they call that in the Wonderful World of Psychotherapy, but I always get a kick out of it... (http://www.christopherward.com/). Orient Star is also an excellent brand that's worth a look when you have time (http://orientwatchusa.com/collections/m ... rient-star), as are Seiko and Citizen.

Hope that wasn't too much stuff for a 'Wilkommen suden Vatchlords' post. OBTW, I'm dead. Foggy has to eat with his pecker, Conjuicer is rapidly approaching centenarianhood, thus making him the nation's oldest regular customer at Golden Corral (when he can remember which bus to take to get there, that is), and I have to deal with avoiding hot, humid weather and other decomposition stimulators. We've all got our crosses to bear...

...again, welcome to Watchlords, Dr. Hal [9000?]...we're glad you're here. :mrgreen:
"My inner cynic tells me that if the Chinese are all in on renewable energy it's similar to finding out the Ferengi have endorsed solar." - Hawk
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » October 17th 2014, 9:38pm

Falstaff wrote:My deepest appy-polly-logies, esteemed sir. I've employed a little mnemonic device to help me remember in future: ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConjurEr ConswogglEr ConjugalEr CornplasterEr ConfunditEr ConfoundEr CumfindEr ClandestinEr ColliloquizEr ClamflankEr ConvictEr CannedhammEr CloneplunkEr.

Ass yu mae hav gest, Speling iz knot my strawng suite soote.

Damut ta phuque, Conjoiner!! Ya done broke pore Fallsy, y'ace-hole!! Whut're we goan dew NOW, huh buttemunch? Howere we goan cumup wiffem fantsy-panst sayings an schitt whut he dunn cumupped wiff? :cry:
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Halcion1 » October 17th 2014, 9:44pm

Thank you , Mortuus for the kind welcome to WL. You guys are really informed and I'm glad I stayed too. I asked for a lot of it, I guess. Are all the members over 50 ? Just curious lol I'm 47 . Anyway, I love Hamiltons very much . I had actually ordered a Hamilton Jazzmaster from Ashford quite awhile ago, and it stopped dead after 2 hours . There are so many brands out there, so very much to choose from ..the mind reels, you know ? I'm not sure about Ashford anymore , too bad really, cuz they have an amazing selection in every conceivable price range. As you have probably read I have a new Invicta ...it has gained some time actually...I am thinking of returning it. I am paranoid it's going to shit the bed, and although it wasn't a lot of money, I would rather I didn't get stuck . Now it's at +11.4 seconds a day but my watchmaker told me it would probably settle in . He also said that given the sw200 movement , the 11.4 was probably well within spec. I don't know he's really old and a little out of touch ..around here, people don't use watchmakers that much anymore . I'm going to check out Ashford again to see what they have . Thank you , again for your help and pictures. Your collection is just great. Reminds me of how much I really love wristwatches . Cheers
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » October 17th 2014, 10:55pm

Don't think you can go wrong with Orient Star, Christopher Ward, Ball, Omega. For that matter most Seikos and Citizens are great, well made, reliable watches.

Have you looked at the Grand Seikos? Some amazing watches, not well known here outside of watch people's; but, those who own them swear by them!

As far as accuracy goes, no automatic is ever going to touch a Quartz. Spend your money on a nice dress Auto and wear a G-Shock for daily work.

That way, when a patient goes all batshit crazy and flings poo, bites or spits, the G won't be harmed!
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby svaglic » October 18th 2014, 12:04am

Fortis, Ball Eternity textured dial, (depending on the size of your wrist) Seiko Tuna, don't forget the DD movement or the 7751. Armand Nicolet, they have some very nice choices. Tissot and Tudor also put out some sweet watches. If you search the forum, you will see that this place is a very nice source of information and a lot of nice watches are owned by members here. Look at Watchrecon.com, they have a variety of watches, some good deals too, but it will get you familiar with various brands. Research and ask questions before you buy. Remember, the bargains are still there when the fool's money is gone.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby gerdson » October 18th 2014, 12:49am

Still, I have never seen a doctor, supposedly a person of great intellectual power (unless his parents paid for the degree as well, not only the college), aimlessly getting stuck in such a way. :mrgreen:

Btw., stop talking about Your income or the 20K You try to spend. For one, it won't impress anyone, we all know how doctors screw the world, no need to remind us of the Porsche, we all helped to pay for. Next a lot here have military background, and - as the saying is - at best, the military won't let You starve, but it is basically paid poverty, and if You serve too long, You will never make it to the top (income-wise, that is). In fact I only know one here who really made it, and he had to die first. Third, a lot of people have to work a lot harder (including nurses, policemen and firemen), than any MD will ever know, and still contribute an important piece to society.

Now back to topic: I don't want to talk You into vintage watches, but read this article from Tony C on the "golden age of mechanical watch movements".:
http://home.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost/fi-17/pi-5892538/ti-865583/s-0/t-horological-meandering-what-a-happy-marriage-is-it-possible/
Always remember, these were not carved out by multi-million full automatic CNC-machines. I am not saying everything is hand-made of course, industrial processing started pretty early in watchmaking:

Or check out this Caliber 89 from IWC:
from
http://forum.watchtime.ch/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62669&p=865846&hilit=iwc+89#p865846

20K could take You a long way.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Well, you see, the hole thing began with peyote...
gerdson
Master of Time

PreviousNext

Return to Invicta controversies