About 9937 bezel insert + crown

All things related to "SWISS" Invicta watches and Chinese movements

About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby TheMaestro » July 25th 2014, 1:19pm

Hi guys,

the watch that got me into this WIS madness was the original Invicta 9937OB with the "Swiss" dial.
By now several other 9937 have been issued with minor changes, one of the changes is that the later models all have a much larger crown.
I was wondering if I could replace my crown by a bigger crown of the later models.

And also I'd like to know if ever anyone tried to replace the insert by an aftermarket Rolex sub insert.
Breitling Evo, SWI 7750 Ldt. Ed. 79/500, Sinn A Sa 103 Panda, PW Admirale, Hamilton Mech. Officer, Bernhardt Officer, Seiko Solar Chrono and more.

"There's people makin' babies to my music. That's nice!" Barry White
User avatar
TheMaestro
Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: December 1st 2013, 12:14pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby AJC » July 25th 2014, 2:21pm

I don't know the measurements of that watch, but I doubt larger crown would fit with the crown guards.

Only way to find out with the bezel insert would be to take the measurements yourself and see if they match the measurements of the A.M. insert.
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 6093
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Wilmington, DE AKA "Murdertown, USA" -Newsweek

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby eddiea » July 25th 2014, 3:13pm

TheMaestro wrote:Hi guys,
the watch that got me into this WIS madness was the original Invicta 9937OB with the "Swiss" dial.
By now several other 9937 have been issued with minor changes, one of the changes is that the later models all have a much larger crown.
I was wondering if I could replace my crown by a bigger crown of the later models.
And also I'd like to know if ever anyone tried to replace the insert by an aftermarket Rolex sub insert.


Not sure Maestro , do know you can do better "replacing the Invicta for a real watch" aside from that, a Rolex insert will cost you about $120.00 probably more that your 9937 value.... even if you already have an insert in stockt? is not worth it.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 10669
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby TheMaestro » July 25th 2014, 3:56pm

eddiea wrote:
TheMaestro wrote:Hi guys,
the watch that got me into this WIS madness was the original Invicta 9937OB with the "Swiss" dial.
By now several other 9937 have been issued with minor changes, one of the changes is that the later models all have a much larger crown.
I was wondering if I could replace my crown by a bigger crown of the later models.
And also I'd like to know if ever anyone tried to replace the insert by an aftermarket Rolex sub insert.


Not sure Maestro , do know you can do better "replacing the Invicta for a real watch" aside from that, a Rolex insert will cost you about $120.00 probably more that your 9937 value.... even if you already have an insert in stockt? is not worth it.


Its not an original Rolex insert I'm after, but it seems the after market ones are still better quality than the Invicta original.
I will check the measurements.
Breitling Evo, SWI 7750 Ldt. Ed. 79/500, Sinn A Sa 103 Panda, PW Admirale, Hamilton Mech. Officer, Bernhardt Officer, Seiko Solar Chrono and more.

"There's people makin' babies to my music. That's nice!" Barry White
User avatar
TheMaestro
Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: December 1st 2013, 12:14pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby TheMaestro » July 25th 2014, 3:59pm

AJC wrote:I don't know the measurements of that watch, but I doubt larger crown would fit with the crown guards.

Only way to find out with the bezel insert would be to take the measurements yourself and see if they match the measurements of the A.M. insert.


I thought the case measurements would be the same including the diameter where the crown rests, its just the newer crowns are longer. If they are wider it won't work.
Breitling Evo, SWI 7750 Ldt. Ed. 79/500, Sinn A Sa 103 Panda, PW Admirale, Hamilton Mech. Officer, Bernhardt Officer, Seiko Solar Chrono and more.

"There's people makin' babies to my music. That's nice!" Barry White
User avatar
TheMaestro
Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: December 1st 2013, 12:14pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Datsun240Z71 » July 26th 2014, 4:10am

Not sure if they're the same size as a 9937, but I years ago changed bezel inserts on an Invicta 8926 Sub homage and 8928 (TT version) with aftermarket bezel inserts, and they fit perfectly.
Randy in Nashville
User avatar
Datsun240Z71
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: February 9th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 15th 2014, 3:05pm

Hi guys I'm new here. I have a new invicta 9937 . I was hesitant to post it because of all the controversy surround the watch !!
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 77
Joined: October 11th 2014, 7:06am

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby eddiea » October 15th 2014, 3:35pm

Halcion1 wrote:Hi guys I'm new here. I have a new invicta 9937 . I was hesitant to post it because of all the controversy surround the watch !!

Is this the same watch that kept better time than your 3 Rolexs by any chance? .... do us all a fucking favor and don't post that shit here.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 10669
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby iwasbanned » October 15th 2014, 3:44pm

Halcion1 wrote:Hi guys I'm new here. I have a new invicta 9937 . I was hesitant to post it because of all the controversy surround the watch !!


Dude, quit being a sensitive little bitch. Man up, post your watch and fuck what anyone thinks, though comparing it to Rolex is pretty stupid.
User avatar
iwasbanned
Master of Time
 
Posts: 5408
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby hcharles » October 16th 2014, 12:52am

Halcion1 wrote:Hi guys I'm new here. I have a new invicta 9937 . I was hesitant to post it because of all the controversy surround the watch !!


Yeah, so what is your point?
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
User avatar
hcharles
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: March 4th 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Snake River Valley

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 8:55am

Umm. Let's see .. Actually my Invicta does keep better time than my previous Rolex watches and I will continue to post whatever shit I want here okay bitch? Next my point was just to say hi but I can see this forums reputation does precede it for being full of little Sally's lol and lastly it is really not stupid at all to compare an Invicta to a Rolex which is the singularly most overpriced piece of SHIT ever made . You fucking guys need a life . Oh my Omega speed master and sea master as well as a couple vintage omegas did keep excellent time though . I hope I'm annoying the fuck out of you guys because that has become my mission on this douche bag forum .. Cheers queers
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 77
Joined: October 11th 2014, 7:06am

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Mark1 » October 16th 2014, 9:00am

Congratulations on your precious Invicter Halcion. Now go tell the art forum how your velvet Elvis compares favorably to a Renoir. Wanker
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member
 
Posts: 7081
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 9:03am

hcharles wrote:
Halcion1 wrote:Hi guys I'm new here. I have a new invicta 9937 . I was hesitant to post it because of all the controversy surround the watch !!


Yeah, so what is your point?[/quote

My point was to just say hi asshole
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 77
Joined: October 11th 2014, 7:06am

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 9:06am

Mark1 wrote:Congratulations on your precious Invicter Halcion. Now go tell the art forum how your velvet Elvis compares favorably to a Renoir. Wanker



I've never owned a velvet Elvis , wanker, nor a Renoir ? Tell me , do you feel privileged owning a useless high end watch while probably sporting a GED and living in a trailer park ? Let me guess , your mom a waitress ? Topless dancer ? Lol
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 77
Joined: October 11th 2014, 7:06am

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby ocean » October 16th 2014, 9:10am

Halcion1 wrote:Umm. Let's see .. Actually my Invicta does keep better time than my previous Rolex watches and I will continue to post whatever shit I want here okay bitch? Next my point was just to say hi but I can see this forums reputation does precede it for being full of little Sally's lol and lastly it is really not stupid at all to compare an Invicta to a Rolex which is the singularly most overpriced piece of SHIT ever made . You fucking guys need a life . Oh my Omega speed master and sea master as well as a couple vintage omegas did keep excellent time though . I hope I'm annoying the fuck out of you guys because that has become my mission on this douche bag forum .. Cheers queers


:trolling: :slowpo11: :shut: :CSTBRO: :nxt: :o////[//[: :mao: :trr: :nnui: :bdsfdsf: :kkhtrd: :TROLLING1: :awewaDS: :headupas: :internet troll: :hhiinndgl: :toolllo: :wgith: :diggn:
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
User avatar
ocean
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2892
Joined: June 12th 2011, 10:00pm
Location: Daytona Beach

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby foghorn » October 16th 2014, 9:11am

Here we go. Somebody left the door open again. Probably Conjuror,he's been getting bored lately.
Someone please tell the geek that he isn't all that annoying. Many have come before him that perfected the art of annoyance. Enjoy the ride Hal-there are a few here that have been waiting for you to come bumbling in.
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15269
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 9:16am

Oh I plan on enjoying the ride ! Thank you for the warm welcome ! I wanted to experience first hand just how low you philistines could hit ... I'm still waiting .. But it's early yet :)
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 77
Joined: October 11th 2014, 7:06am

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby DBCooper » October 16th 2014, 9:23am

:dapdkapkd:

Image
Image

:fuzzy:
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
User avatar
DBCooper
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1698
Joined: July 29th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby foghorn » October 16th 2014, 9:27am

Halcion1 wrote:Oh I plan on enjoying the ride ! Thank you for the warm welcome ! I wanted to experience first hand just how low you philistines could hit ... I'm still waiting .. But it's early yet :)



Just curious.
How and where did you hear that we were such horological ogres??
We have charitable auctions.
We expose untruths in the watch industry.
We have no Mods and a very liberal TOS. (if we have a TOS at all)
We post helpful links from the net and other watch sites that members may not have access to.

Is it because we allow the use of curse words?
Why , specifically , are we such bad people?


Feel free to swear if it helps you explain your disdain in a coherent and logical manner.
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15269
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 9:39am

Actually I was reading up on Invicta ! And the truth is I have owned three Rolex watches , four omega watches (2 vintage) , and honestly came to the conclusion that as far as I was concerned , they simply weren't worth the money . So I sold them after I got out of medical school at Dartmouth . Didn't wear anything but a Casio for years ! Now I'm exploring again .. Found a cheap Invicta on Amazon and I'm doing a little experiment . I read copious numbers of unfavorable reviews so I decided to see for myself . Maybe I'll go back to a high end watch again .. But never ever Rolex . My father swears by them . But he's an attorney so I don't put much stock in that lol as far as being ogres?no I didn't hear you were ogres.. Just extremely rude people . Wannabes actually who took folly in making low hitting comments without provocation . I merely introduced myself and my Invicta to say hi .. And was immediately attacked ! Tisk tisk ..
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 77
Joined: October 11th 2014, 7:06am

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby foghorn » October 16th 2014, 9:44am

Many here share your feelings towards Rolex and high end watches. Most members even own Invictas.
Granted we have some here who might be tough on new members and thick skin is an asset,but if you can see past that stuff you might just fit right in. We practice a mild form of Philistinism here-not hard core.
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15269
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 9:51am

Thank you for clarifying. You seem quite civilized!
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 77
Joined: October 11th 2014, 7:06am

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby foghorn » October 16th 2014, 9:52am

Halcion1 wrote:Thank you for clarifying. You seem quite civilized!




Hardly.


I eat with my pecker.
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15269
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby Halcion1 » October 16th 2014, 9:57am

You eat with your pecker ? How very nice for you!
Halcion1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 77
Joined: October 11th 2014, 7:06am

Re: About 9937 bezel insert + crown

Postby foghorn » October 16th 2014, 10:02am

Halcion1 wrote:You eat with your pecker ? How very nice for you!




I haven't much of a choice.



Image
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15269
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Next

Return to Invicta controversies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests