Orologi Calami CR42 Chronograph

Orologi Calami CR42 Chronograph

Postby koimaster » May 24th 2017, 4:08pm

Review – Orologi Calami CR42 Chronograph, A True Pilot’s Watch

While we see a huge number of small brands that operate off the beaten path, some stand out more than others. We can’t cover them all, and we are critical about which ones we bring you, but every now and then we come across a project that we believe is worth our (and your) time. Today, we are investigating a brand dedicated to aviation, founded on the lineage of three generations of pilots: presenting Orologi Calami and its CR42 Chronograph.

Background

One of the most difficult things to create as a brand is content, a soul surrounding your watches. Something that gives your brand, and the watches you produce an identity, something to grasp onto and trigger an emotion in your potential clients, like I explained in the coverage of the Fortis Rolf Sachs 2.4ml. In all fairness, there are plenty of brands out there that fail to tick enough boxes to cement their legacy and keep their business afloat. The story of Orologi Calamai is at least interesting enough to give the brand credit, considering it is backed by historical and aeronautical relevance and contains actual pieces of one of the most famous jet fighters in its cases. In search of the perfect pilot’s watch, Mr. Francesco Calamai himself failed to find it and decided to produce his own.

https://monochrome-watches.com/review-o ... ots-watch/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Orologi Calami CR42 Chronograph

Postby conjurer » May 24th 2017, 4:43pm

I found this review very aNooying.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Orologi Calami CR42 Chronograph

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 24th 2017, 7:37pm

Wait- so is it Calamai, Calami or some other Salami? The dial says Calamai, the guy is called Calamai, but the review has "Calami" in more than a few places.

The watch itself is nice. While I would much prefer the crown and pushers to return to where they should be, it's not bad the way it is. That said, while the LHD configuration doesn't sing to me, I really like the design of the dial and the case.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to Military Style Watches