MTM watches - WTF?

MTM watches - WTF?

Postby koimaster » August 21st 2016, 11:23am

For over 25 years, MTM (Multi-Time Machine) established itself by creating tactical timepieces for the watch industry. Over those years, the company founder (ex-military) and MTM team kept their ears to the ground and were quick to respond to the needs of their peers still in service. When called upon, MTM developed and engineered watches to withstand extreme conditions. Crafted like an instrument and designed with unparalleled accuracy, MTM Special Ops Watches are built

https://www.specialopswatch.com/about-us/

https://www.specialopswatch.com

https://www.specialopswatch.com/product ... enmazinger

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: MTM watches - WTF?

Postby conjurer » August 21st 2016, 11:37am

I seem to remember Dim Demple hawking this brand on the old SAH network. I would have thought they would have been toes-up by now.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » August 21st 2016, 5:47pm

Showing my age, I saw "MTM" and I thought they'd be gumball machine watches with Gavin McLoud, Ed Asner, and Ted Knight on the faces.

Reminds me of that Tire'd watch joke of a brand that started to advertise on TV last year. Here's another brand that's really similar, because as with MTM, it has no reason to exist - and whatever you do, check out these prices:

http://tiredwatchcompany.com/
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Britboy » August 22nd 2016, 7:27am

TemerityB wrote:Showing my age, I saw "MTM" and I thought they'd be gumball machine watches with Gavin McLoud, Ed Asner, and Ted Knight on the faces.

Reminds me of that Tire'd watch joke of a brand that started to advertise on TV last year. Here's another brand that's really similar, because as with MTM, it has no reason to exist - and whatever you do, check out these prices:

http://tiredwatchcompany.com/

Fuck me, how much!!
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Britboy » August 22nd 2016, 7:58am

"The RAD watch is a must have for all radiological technologists, technicians and professionals and for those familiar with radiology terminology and its implications.

The RAD is also supplied with an IR Adapter and flash drive software, which enables data transfer from an MTM RAD watch to your computer. (Not compatible with Mac computers and Windows 10)"

Taken straight from their website, surely limiting the sale to a very niche market?
Plus, for the normal person, who does not have a Mac or Windows 10 these days?
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Hawk » August 22nd 2016, 8:37am

Britboy wrote:"The RAD watch is a must have for all radiological technologists, technicians and professionals and for those familiar with radiology terminology and its implications.

The RAD is also supplied with an IR Adapter and flash drive software, which enables data transfer from an MTM RAD watch to your computer. (Not compatible with Mac computers and Windows 10)"

Taken straight from their website, surely limiting the sale to a very niche market?

Indeed though I believe that the "targeting a limited market" award is retained by the Rolex Milgauss with a comfortable margin.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby Britboy » August 22nd 2016, 8:50am

Hawk wrote:
Britboy wrote:"The RAD watch is a must have for all radiological technologists, technicians and professionals and for those familiar with radiology terminology and its implications.

Indeed though I believe that the "targeting a limited market" award is retained by the Rolex Milgauss with a comfortable margin.

MTM or Rolex...hhhmmm....
Which one would I rather have?

Oh, I know, the one with the brand name everyone knows and one I would love to have in my collection but will have to wait until the Premium Bonds come in with my name on them.
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Military Style Watches