hands on review of the IWC Pilot's watch Mark XVI

hands on review of the IWC Pilot's watch Mark XVI

Postby koimaster » March 5th 2016, 1:11pm

In this extremely diverse context, the watch which remains the most fundamental of the collection is the Mark because it lays the framework which defines the collection and because of its simplicity, it displays more clearly the aesthetic changes made by IWC. As such, the observation of the developments between the Mark XVI and the Mark XVII and between the Mark XVII and the latest edition, the Mark XVIII, brings a very interesting and relevant indication about the brand strategy.

The Mark XVI was characterized by its 39mm case, the removal of 2-digit on the dial (at 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock) and the position of the triangle on top of the dial without any index above. The Mark XVII contrasted sharply with its predecessor although it obviously kept the same aesthetic inspiration. However, the case diameter was increased by 2 mm and the date window became more present with its shaped arc revealing three dates. Its perceived much larger size and the more ostentatious style corresponded to a period in which the customer was looking for watches with a more assertive presence on the wrist. The Mark XVII never really convinced me as it walked away from the delicate "sport chic" atmosphere of the previous Mark. Fortunately, the Mark XVIII corrects this feeling and makes a welcome turn on the wing that reflects a more general desire for sobriety.

http://www.watchprosite.com/?page=wf.fo ... 407518&pzt

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: hands on review of the IWC Pilot's watch Mark XVI

Postby conjurer » March 5th 2016, 1:15pm

A very nice watch, spoiled somewhat by a terribly written review. The reviewer writes like fucking bohunk!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Military Style Watches