The Entire Omega Seamaster x James Bond 007 History

The forum is for the discussion of all things related to Omega watches.

The Entire Omega Seamaster x James Bond 007 History

Postby Racer-X » July 4th 2017, 8:19am

by Brice Goulard "None of them need an introduction anymore. On one side is the most famous special agent in the world. On the other side is one of the most respected Swiss watch brands. And their collaboration is as explosive as the movies are. While in most films, watches are only doing short screen appearances, with James Bond 007, this accessory has gained a totally different status, becoming a character on its own. Here is an exhaustive retrospective of all Omega watches used in James Bond movies, from 1995 Goldeneye to 2015 Spectre."

Article at Monochrome
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 4:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The Entire Omega Seamaster x James Bond 007 History

Postby biglove » July 4th 2017, 11:25am

My SM 600 is absolutely one of my favorite watches in my collection. If I can ever pick up an AT then my Omega desires will be fulfilled. Oh, and maybe an SMP. Yeah, then I will be done with buying Omegas.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » July 4th 2017, 2:55pm

Fun stuff. On this July 4, I wish everyone here an Omega Seamaster. Y'all deserve one.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby eddiea » July 4th 2017, 2:57pm

Bond, has always wear a Rolex.....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » July 4th 2017, 4:55pm

While in most films, watches are only doing short screen appearances, with James Bond 007, this accessory has gained a totally different status, becoming a character on its own.

It's a motherfucking product placement, for fuck's sakes.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » July 4th 2017, 5:08pm

conjurer wrote:While in most films, watches are only doing short screen appearances, with James Bond 007, this accessory has gained a totally different status, becoming a character on its own.

The obsession of man-children with Bond and his watches continues unabated :shock:

That shit made sense when we were 5yr olds but is beyond pathetic 40 years later. People would do better to grow up or go do something genuinely exciting for themselves. Rather they live vicariously through story characters and their trinkets.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » July 5th 2017, 9:48am

bedlam wrote:
conjurer wrote:While in most films, watches are only doing short screen appearances, with James Bond 007, this accessory has gained a totally different status, becoming a character on its own.

The obsession of man-children with Bond and his watches continues unabated :shock:

That shit made sense when we were 5yr olds but is beyond pathetic 40 years later. People would do better to grow up or go do something genuinely exciting for themselves. Rather they live vicariously through story characters and their trinkets.

Oh please.... Nothing wrong with a little fantasy.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby biglove » July 5th 2017, 10:17am

Falstaff wrote:
bedlam wrote:

Oh please.... Nothing wrong with a little fantasy.

Exactly!

If I have a high stress job and want to feel like a super spy because I wear an Omega Bond watch, that's my business. Better than a whole other mess of coping skills. No harm done.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby jaw » July 5th 2017, 10:19am

I've been a double-knot spy since Dr. No.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Return to The Omega Forum