Omega Seamaster Edizione Venezia In Sedna Gold Or Stainless

The forum is for the discussion of all things related to Omega watches.

Omega Seamaster Edizione Venezia In Sedna Gold Or Stainless

Postby Racer-X » May 5th 2017, 5:08pm

by David Bredan "Out of the blue, Omega today debuted the Omega Seamaster Edizione Venezia, a stylish, retro-inspired take on the Seamaster, offered in a highly elegant 39.5mm case, crafted from either Omega's proprietary 18k Sedna gold or... yes, stainless steel."

Article at A Blog To Watch
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 5:43pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Omega Seamaster Edizione Venezia In Sedna Gold Or Stainl

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 5th 2017, 5:22pm

This might just be the best (except a few Speedmasters) thing Omega released in something like two or three decades. Stunning. The case back is a bit, well...let's just say it could be better (the seahorse emblem on the crystal is very Seiko-ish). But the dial and the shape of the case- that's what was so great about 1950s Omega dress watches. Good to see it back, even on a scale as limited as this - I don't know what were they thinking, when they made it a special edition available only in Venice... If that, as well as this year's releases, is a sign of change for the better after the countless "Blingy Side of the Moon" releases, with the peak of these being the shit they released at Basel 2016, that'd be truly great news.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby smellody » May 5th 2017, 6:37pm

Oro!

smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby bedlam » May 5th 2017, 6:43pm

Shame the hands and indicies on the steel one are in gold. Those really are brilliant looking though. The best thing I have seen from Omega in a long time.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 6th 2017, 5:05am

To me, it's like they took the best aspects of old Omega models and modernized them into something fresh and new. Really outstanding, and at a low price point. This won't go over with the sports watch crowd, but I can see a rush for these among serious Omega buffs.
"To really be a watch company, you have to make your own watch with your own movement. Otherwise, you're a casing company." - Roland Murphy
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby eddiea » May 6th 2017, 3:10pm

I like the Gold Side of the Moon better but, these ones are a decent dressy alternative....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Return to The Omega Forum