Maurice Lecroix up for sale

Maurice Lecroix up for sale

Postby koimaster » July 13th 2015, 6:44am

http://www.watchesbysjx.com/2015/07/dks ... -sale.html

I see prices going up on them even more.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Maurice Lecroix up for sale

Postby 3Flushes » July 13th 2015, 12:48pm

I would think prices would come down a bit in the face of severely declining sales if they want to avoid liquidation of their product at a time they're trying to sell the company. They've had difficulty retaining AD's who are sick of trying to compete with blow out sites as it is. Got too big for their britches a little too quickly and did exactly what they all do, they inflated their prices to match their fat, arrogant corporate heads. The handwriting was on the wall when DKSH took over: The good news is that ML's prestige has increased ten fold. The bad news is sales were driven down > 55% to achieve it. Too bad everything has to be turned to shit by these schmucks.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby jason_recliner » July 13th 2015, 1:35pm

You can put any price you like on something. But if people aren't buying...
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » July 13th 2015, 4:10pm

Noticed they might put Glycine up for sale as well.

Watch Lalo come in and do a pennies-on-the-dollar grab, or maybe Lior; maybe S.Coifman and/or Lucien Piccard need some company.

Heaven fucking forbid.
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » July 13th 2015, 4:22pm

The telling statement in the article:

Maurice Lacroix is a relatively large company, with annual sales of some 90,000 watches and 4000 points of sale worldwide.

Which translates to 22-23 watches sold per retailer per year. Not exactly stellar sales.

What with the Chinese either buying their cash in their backyards or using it to buy real estate, there's going to be a lot of Swiss luxury brand CEOs running around with their hair on fire. While ML makes some nice stuff, their niche is really overpopulated with brands that have a better cachet and brand recognition.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » July 13th 2015, 4:48pm

One time , at band camp , I met a Glockenspiel player named Maurice Lacroix.
He fancied himself a dandy.

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby conjurer » July 13th 2015, 4:55pm

foghorn wrote:One time , at band camp , I met a Glockenspiel player named Maurice Lacroix.

Are you sure he didn't play the Rusty Trombone?
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » July 13th 2015, 5:31pm

conjurer wrote:
foghorn wrote:One time , at band camp , I met a Glockenspiel player named Maurice Lacroix.

Are you sure he didn't play the Rusty Trombone?

Yes,that was Jacques LeMans.

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby tiktok » July 13th 2015, 7:25pm

And don't forget Jean Richard, he was a terrascope on the skin flute.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby mcmohawks » September 19th 2015, 7:53am

conjurer wrote:The telling statement in the article:

Maurice Lacroix is a relatively large company, with annual sales of some 90,000 watches and 4000 points of sale worldwide.

Which translates to 22-23 watches sold per retailer per year. Not exactly stellar sales.

What with the Chinese either buying their cash in their backyards or using it to buy real estate, there's going to be a lot of Swiss luxury brand CEOs running around with their hair on fire. While ML makes some nice stuff, their niche is really overpopulated with brands that have a better cachet and brand recognition.

yeah it is a strong statement,even the jeweler that I go to here in Portland to stop and drool at the watches have dropped them....
mcmohawks
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » September 19th 2015, 3:22pm

I can only hope that all of this will lead to a grey market feeding frenzy.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » September 19th 2015, 4:18pm

3Flushes wrote:I can only hope that all of this will lead to a grey market feeding frenzy.

World Of Watches continually has a bunch of ML on their site; there's a guy that posts at Betterskills' blog that swears up and down they're not genuine ML. Say what you want about WOW, but i don't think they'd stoop to selling fakes.
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby WatchWiley » December 16th 2015, 10:58pm

The WOW Maurice LaCroix are indeed genuine and come directly from Maurice LaCroix. WOW has an excellent relationship with the company. I own the ML 5 Hand in 18k. It is the most accurate automatic I own.
WatchWiley
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » December 16th 2015, 11:56pm

WatchWiley wrote:The WOW Maurice LaCroix are indeed genuine and come directly from Maurice LaCroix. WOW has an excellent relationship with the company. I own the ML 5 Hand in 18k. It is the most accurate automatic I own.

I call bullshit. There ain't no way a manufacturer is going to sell stuff to the point you can sell it at 70% off retail. WoW's buying gray market, not from the manufacturer. If you want to make some pals around here, stopping fucking lying where you get your stuff.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby fatman » December 17th 2015, 3:36am

Do you have pics of your ML 5 hand?
HF
fatman
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » December 17th 2015, 5:47am

conjurer wrote:
WatchWiley wrote:The WOW Maurice LaCroix are indeed genuine and come directly from Maurice LaCroix. WOW has an excellent relationship with the company. I own the ML 5 Hand in 18k. It is the most accurate automatic I own.

I call bullshit. There ain't no way a manufacturer is going to sell stuff to the point you can sell it at 70% off retail. WoW's buying gray market, not from the manufacturer. If you want to make some pals around here, stopping fucking lying where you get your stuff.

"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby 3Flushes » December 17th 2015, 5:50am

conjurer wrote:

I'm not certain where WoW gets them, but they are the real deal when they've got them. Well, the chronograph I got there was genuine.

BTW WW, the selection of Lacroix has been pretty crappy for the last few months. For G-d's sake where are the Pontos numbers with that awesome new disc over disc moon phase watches, and whatnot- the skeletons, and where are the disc hours-analog minutes-moon phase off-centreek watches? - for < 2 G's please, like the initial ones. If you guys are really getting them from Lacroix direct, o.O - uh, please pass on to the buyers to get the hell out into the grey market and find some interesting ones.
Thank you.

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Wasp » December 17th 2015, 6:11am

conjurer wrote:

Shot across the bow, That's how you do it.

Mr. Watch, Répond s'il te plait?
Last edited by Wasp on December 17th 2015, 12:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Falstaff » December 17th 2015, 11:25am

conjurer wrote:

I posed a similar query yesterday in Wile E's intro thread - as well as some others of interest. To quote Joel Chandler Harris' Uncle Remus- "...and the tar-baby didn't say nuthin'. "
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby 3Flushes » December 17th 2015, 11:32am

ADDENDUM:

Please hurry up before Signet owns everything other than Patek, Rolex, and Swatch.

Thank you.

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » December 17th 2015, 11:42am

I hope Mr.Lowe did not join here for the sole purpose of defending WOW and SWI.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » December 17th 2015, 12:26pm

Racer-X wrote:I hope Mr.Lowe did not join here for the sole purpose of defending WOW and SWI.

Well...he has been designated as a vendor. For the most part all of his participation has been in SWI-ish posts. I'm pretty sure he isn't here to hang and break balls with us and post in the WURW threads and such.

We've seen vendors of his ilk before. It's great to be underestimated by shills.

BTW-do we have the names of any factories yet?

foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Falstaff » December 17th 2015, 12:39pm

foghorn wrote:
Racer-X wrote:I hope Mr.Lowe did not join here for the sole purpose of defending WOW and SWI.

Well...he has been designated as a vendor. For the most part all of his participation has been in SWI-ish posts. I'm pretty sure he isn't here to hang and break balls with us and post in the WURW threads and such.

We've seen vendors of his ilk before. It's great to be underestimated by shills.

Nope, still crickets.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby ocean » December 17th 2015, 12:43pm

Falstaff wrote:
foghorn wrote:

Nope, still crickets.

Shillstress!
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » December 17th 2015, 12:47pm

Falstaff wrote:
foghorn wrote:

Nope, still crickets.

Well, he stated where, but "couldn't" say who.

The ML comment bothers me, too. They state that stuff on TV, too, the "our relationships" with stuff. Hey, there's nothing wrong with offering good buys on gray market watches - who among us doesn't own a gray piece or two - but adding all this stuff is not necessary at best, and more carny talk at worst. I've seen "guests" advertised on WOW such as Robert Dreyfuss of Rotary, but obviously that guy was selling off slow moving old stock, and Rotary isn't a luxury segment brand to begin with. Nothing wrong with that - but I'd wager if ML was told that someone's running around stating that they're in cahoots with SWI, they'd be none too pleased about it. Of course, in any industry where IWG was caught with its pants down in the D/D FUBAR, D/D responded by, from what anyone could surmise, simply accepting a check.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Next

Return to Maurice Lacroix