Longines Master Collection inviting color onto its dials

Longines Master Collection inviting color onto its dials

Postby Racer-X » April 16th 2017, 5:32pm

Article Ad at Fratello Watches

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COQ5jcebQuE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=proje4zqv6E[/youtube]
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 6:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Longines Master Collection inviting color onto its dials

Postby conjurer » April 16th 2017, 6:52pm

While I'm not rabid about the brand in general (although I like plenty of the models they have), this one gave me a empurpled, bouncing, veined, ropey johnson, vigorously broadcasting baby batter.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » April 16th 2017, 6:57pm

It's great- there is really nothing to be grumpy about here. Although I don't like the date window (Longines has - sadly - fucked up a lot of nice watches with just that one feature), it somehow wouldn't bother me all that much in this watch. Just a simple, classy dress watch. While I wouldn't be enthusiastic about it in phallic terms, I do think that this watch has that "something."
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » April 16th 2017, 6:58pm

I know I'm gonna be in the minority, but this one really hits the spot for me. What the lame piece on that site doesn't say is that it has a Longines 619/888 movement (which is, of course, ETA based, and I think it's on the 2892 but it might be something else with this new model) usually offering a 42 hour power reserve. It also lists for a scant $2,150, so if you let it ride for a bit, you won't pay anything near that for it. Sporty dress piece there; just rings my bell, I guess.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » April 16th 2017, 7:01pm

TemerityB wrote:I know I'm gonna be in the minority, but this one really hits the spot for me. What the lame piece on that site doesn't say is that it has a Longines 619/888 movement (which is, of course, ETA based, and I think it's on the 2892 but it might be something else with this new model) usually offering a 42 hour power reserve. It also lists for a scant $2,150, so if you let it ride for a bit, you won't pay anything near that for it. Sporty dress piece there; just rings my bell, I guess.

You're not in the minority, T! It gives both me and Mr. Bloke empurpled, bouncing, veined, ropey johnsons, vigorously broadcasting baby batter!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » April 16th 2017, 7:17pm

TemerityB wrote:What the lame piece on that site doesn't say is that it has a Longines 619/888 movement (which is, of course, ETA based, and I think it's on the 2892 but it might be something else with this new model) usually offering a 42 hour power reserve.

It's the 888.2, which, as the stamp on the plate under the balance indicates, is an ETA A31.L01, which is a 2892-A2 (2892= 12.5''', 2892-A2= 11.5''') base, but slightly modified. It has a 65h power reserve, which they have apparently achieved by reducing the frequency to 25200 A/h, and likely a stronger mainspring. Not sure about the latter, but I've never seen the power reserve increase by 50% just by reducing the frequency.
Winston Churchill

The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » April 16th 2017, 7:18pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
TemerityB wrote:What the lame piece on that site doesn't say is that it has a Longines 619/888 movement (which is, of course, ETA based, and I think it's on the 2892 but it might be something else with this new model) usually offering a 42 hour power reserve.

It's the 888.2, which, as the stamp on the plate under the balance indicates, an ETA A31.L01, which is a 2892-A2 base, but slightly modified. It has a 65h power reserve, which they have apparently achieved by reducing the frequency to 25200 A/h, and likely a stronger mainspring. Not sure about the latter, but I've never seen the power reserve increase by 50% just by reducing the frequency.

They slowed down the 2892? Fuck that shit. This watch is dead to me.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » April 16th 2017, 7:56pm

conjurer wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:

It's the 888.2, which, as the stamp on the plate under the balance indicates, an ETA A31.L01, which is a 2892-A2 base, but slightly modified. It has a 65h power reserve, which they have apparently achieved by reducing the frequency to 25200 A/h, and likely a stronger mainspring. Not sure about the latter, but I've never seen the power reserve increase by 50% just by reducing the frequency.

They slowed down the 2892? Fuck that shit. This watch is dead to me.

Truth be told, Mr. Conjurer, the origin of the 2892 species - the Eterna cal. 1455U - ran at an even lower frequency of 18000 A/h... Personally, that wouldn't be a deal-breaker to me. I've literally nothing against a lower frequency, unless it's a movement's key feature (like, say, the 36000 A/h of the El Primero) Omega does largely the same thing with their version of the 2892, the cal. 2500- but there, the frequency is down to 25200 mostly because of the co-axial escapement (why is that so- well, that's where it becomes as simple as the Voynich Manuscript; I guess I'll have to ask Archer on WUS Omega forum about that someday).

I don't think that the modification will affect accuracy, if that's what you're worried about, since the 2892 and its derivatives have a decently sized balance. Unless it's the smooth motion of the seconds hand that gives you empurpled and ropey johnson... If it is so, disappointment (and some blood returning from the wedding tackle to the rest of the body) is by all means understandable.
Winston Churchill

The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » April 16th 2017, 8:05pm

Jeebus, Conj., don't be such a DICK, for chrissake...I love this fucking watch; I DESIRE this fucking watch; I want this fucking watch to BEAR my fucking CHILDREN!! Do you HEAR me, you bouncing bromidic bookseller!?!? Jeez-O-WEEZ...
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby biglove » April 16th 2017, 8:57pm

Sweet watch. On bracelet, please, blue dial
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » April 16th 2017, 9:40pm

25200 vph = 7 beats per second. 28800 vph = 8 beats per second. Eight is clearly better than seven. Slower than this is infamnia, a sneer against God Hisownself. And I won't stand aside when you dumb bastards sneer at God, not on this most Holy Day, when Jeebus was born!!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » April 16th 2017, 9:51pm

conjurer wrote:25200 vph = 7 beats per second. 28800 vph = 8 beats per second. Eight is clearly better than seven. Slower than this is infamnia, a sneer against God Hisownself. And I won't stand aside when you dumb bastards sneer at God, not on this most Holy Day, when Jeebus was born!!

Jeebus, Conj; YOU defending EASTER? What's next? Publication of The Diarrhea of Anne Frank? :shock:
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » April 16th 2017, 10:01pm

Mortuus wrote:
conjurer wrote:25200 vph = 7 beats per second. 28800 vph = 8 beats per second. Eight is clearly better than seven. Slower than this is infamnia, a sneer against God Hisownself. And I won't stand aside when you dumb bastards sneer at God, not on this most Holy Day, when Jeebus was born!!

Jeebus, Conj; YOU defending EASTER? What's next? Publication of The Diarrhea of Anne Frank? :shock:

Ha-HA, my buried bro, I'm too smart to be drawn into such an argument; you, as half Catholic and half Jewish, are allowed to make jokes about either. Myself, as an uptight, 100% WASP, can only make jokes about other Protestants--particularly Lutherans. And, well, eastern Europeans, like greasy bohunks.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » April 16th 2017, 10:09pm

conjurer wrote:
Mortuus wrote:

Ha-HA, my buried bro, I'm too smart to be drawn into such an argument; you, as half Catholic and half Jewish, are allowed to make jokes about either. Myself, as an uptight, 100% WASP, can only make jokes about other Protestants--particularly Lutherans. And, well, eastern Europeans, like greasy bohunks.

What are you talking about? Why, there's ALL kinds of material there amongst the groups you just listed...especially the Lutherans! Just as Gerdy! Oh, and don't forget the Rosicrucians and the Eckankar-sores people! All I have are Jews and Mackeral Snappers, for chrissake! Just ask Temerity Johnson!
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to The Longines Forum