Hands-On Hamilton Intra-Matic 68

Hands-On Hamilton Intra-Matic 68

Postby Racer-X » March 25th 2017, 10:51am

by Arthur Touchot "This is the best new Hamilton watch of the year, hands-down. It's not even close, really. A reverse panda dial chronograph was always going to be a fan favorite, and this one has a well-balanced layout with just enough of its own personality that it stands out from similar chronographs. All of that makes for a very interesting watch."

Article at HODINKEE
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 6:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Hands-On Hamilton Intra-Matic 68

Postby conjurer » March 25th 2017, 11:01am

I tried the reverse panda once, but I threw my back out.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » March 25th 2017, 12:13pm

Oy-vey, that's a beeyootifful Hammyton watch, but at $2195, and with no matching pander warlett, I'm goan hafftuh pass own itt. :(
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bobbee » March 25th 2017, 1:33pm

Hamilton, stainless steel, panda dial and date at six?

Anyone need a kidney?
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » March 25th 2017, 3:52pm

A bit off-topic, but I must vent: So I click the link to go to Hodinkee, and there's a "LIVE" button to go to, I guess, constant coverage of the staff while it's at Baselworld. So I click that link and what's the first thing I see? Still photos of the pizza they're having for lunch.

It's unreal - from Anal Adams to these guys, it's all about their experience, every meaningless bit of it, rather than focusing on the meat and potatos - the watches. These supposed "watch journalists" act like a bunch a fifth graders on their first field trip. Site after site, it's people talking about travel times and walking and just fucking STFU and show me a fucking watch, Fauntleroy.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » March 25th 2017, 3:57pm

TemerityB wrote:A bit off-topic, but I must vent: So I click the link to go to Hodinkee, and there's a "LIVE" button to go to, I guess, constant coverage of the staff while it's at Baselworld. So I click that link and what's the first thing I see? Still photos of the pizza they're having for lunch.

It's unreal - from Anal Adams to these guys, it's all about their experience, every meaningless bit of it, rather than focusing on the meat and potatos - the watches. These supposed "watch journalists" act like a bunch a fifth graders on their first field trip. Site after site, it's people talking about travel times and walking and just fucking STFU and show me a fucking watch, Fauntleroy.

AND the Nancy boys eat their pizza with knife and fork!!!! That shit'll get you pantsed in these parts.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » March 25th 2017, 5:34pm

TemerityB wrote:A bit off-topic, but I must vent: So I click the link to go to Hodinkee, and there's a "LIVE" button to go to, I guess, constant coverage of the staff while it's at Baselworld. So I click that link and what's the first thing I see? Still photos of the pizza they're having for lunch.

Don't forget they're hipsters, and hipsters are known for taking photos of their food instead of eating it.

Besides, most of them aren't real journalists- mostly PR and marketing guys turned bloggers.

Hodinkee, although they're bunch of donkeys, pseudo-experts and absolutely sordid fucking fleecers, still have the most decent* coverage of Baselworld, out of the most popular sites. IMO, ABTW takes the second place. Monochrome and Fratello (if you're reading this, Fratellopillocks, I hope that for selling my email address to Lebois you will experience balance staff pivot issues and broken mainsprings forever and a day longer) are taking the piss - their "coverage" is just not there at all.

*most decent- read: the best of ghastly "journalism", which means it's still fucking ghastly.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » March 27th 2017, 8:28am

Yup. Couldn't have scratched out a reply any better'n this'n...and they prolly have totally ghey pineapple on their pizza, too...wankers.
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Hamilton